Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   JRE 445 HP cam (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123492)

Stealth 2010 2SS/RS 01-10-2011 01:37 AM

JRE 445 HP cam

Anyone running the jre 445 hp cam setup, if so what do you think of it and hows the driveability. I like the way it idles, looking for a cam with good low end torque as the car wil be a daily driver/weekend toy.

NinoSS 01-10-2011 07:05 AM

:popcorn:

JANNETTYRACING 01-10-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS (Post 2714565)
Anyone running the jre 445 hp cam setup, if so what do you think of it and hows the driveability. I like the way it idles, looking for a cam with good low end torque as the car wil be a daily driver/weekend toy.

I wish I knew all the Screen names that are running this cam, I know MikeSS is going to be installing one, I think it's ColdCamaroSS from Alaska is running one for quite a while now.

We have about 30 of them out there and I get Rave Reviews from those who post about it and nice emails from those who don't post.

This Cam is geared around Good Low End torque and quick acceleration with the Cool Car Idle :D

I can Talyor cams to your Driving Style, there are too many to choose from so we narrow them down for you.

Ted.

mlee 01-10-2011 08:13 AM

Is this a good blower cam too... or is more separation needed?

JANNETTYRACING 01-10-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2714834)
Is this a good blower cam too... or is more separation needed?

No I have specific blower cams in smooth and rough Idle.

lrc250 01-10-2011 08:42 AM

What is the power range of this cam, ie. 3500-6500 rpm? Also wondering what the specs of this cam are since you don't show them on your website?

camarohead 01-10-2011 08:55 AM

hey ted, im really looking at adding a cam a little later too. researching all i can now. say i was to get your cam. can any respectable local performance shop install and tune the cam with ease or should one have the performance shop thats sales the cam and is very familiar with the install and tune of the cam? in other words, is a install and tune of a cam a fairly easy job...thx

hoffmk2003 01-10-2011 09:17 AM

Installing a cam on these engines are not terribly difficult from what I have read, hardest thing is taking out the radiator and tipping the AC condenser up in the air. But certainly not something for a novice.

If you have replaced head gaskets or done engine work before you should be able to do this no sweat. Otherwise I would leave it to the pros, unless you are mechanically inclined and have a friend to help you who has done similar work before.

Ken

camarohead 01-10-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoffmk2003 (Post 2714975)
Installing a cam on these engines are not terribly difficult from what I have read, hardest thing is taking out the radiator and tipping the AC condenser up in the air. But certainly not something for a novice.

If you have replaced head gaskets or done engine work before you should be able to do this no sweat. Otherwise I would leave it to the pros, unless you are mechanically inclined and have a friend to help you who has done similar work before.

Ken

definetly will leave it to the pros. main thing is getting a great tune with the cam. have talk to a couple of local performance shops that can definetly install the cam and tune with efi live they say. nobody has a dyno in my area locally. just want someone local to be familiar with my cam setup. but willing to drive to have it done right. just weighing all my options.

JANNETTYRACING 01-10-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarohead (Post 2714917)
hey ted, im really looking at adding a cam a little later too. researching all i can now. say i was to get your cam. can any respectable local performance shop install and tune the cam with ease or should one have the performance shop thats sales the cam and is very familiar with the install and tune of the cam? in other words, is a install and tune of a cam a fairly easy job...thx

When you buy your parts from me I supply you with a FREE tune for those parts, this is the program a run.

A good GM tech can easliy install this cam package and if he had any questions We give Phone support for our customers and they're mechanics.

You will need to own or Purchase an SCT X3 hand held flash device to get my tune in to your computer.

I remote tune vehicles all over the world.

I will post a dyno graph in a few minutes.

Ted.

JANNETTYRACING 01-10-2011 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go guys.

As you can see, it has a Nice Fat Torque curve.

hoffmk2003 01-10-2011 10:27 AM

nice!

Badger 01-10-2011 11:27 AM

This is the one I want.....I'll be in touch Ted..as soon as the roads clear up this way

mikeSS 01-10-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarohead (Post 2714917)

i have asked my local shops to do a install on this cam kit and they said they could.