Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Models damaged my car at the Fest... :( (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142924)

2010SLVRBULIT 04-23-2011 09:35 AM

that sux, but those chix are smokin'..:wub:

Rickerbucks 04-23-2011 10:35 AM

:(

d69chris 04-23-2011 10:49 AM

Sux big time.

Saw the belt buckle on the angry one and thought she should not be anywhere close to cars.

Lesson learned

AZCamaroFan 04-23-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroitalia (Post 3130433)

any more pics of the girls?

:facepalm:

Desert_Rat 04-23-2011 11:27 AM

I think these models should have to pass a written test on car etiquette before they're even considered for a show. Sorry for your car. That blows hard.

KILLER74Z28 04-23-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 3130669)
Sorry that the scratches occurred. On the flip side if you display your car the chances for damage always go up exponentially. It goes with the territory. The GM guys know this all too well. Not saying that it is right, it just happens. But remember - since you were displaying this for your business, the fixes should be covered as damage during marketing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruznSS (Post 3130890)
Don't get me wrong, the scratches suck, big time. But unless all you have is a he said, she said bit on who caused it your s.o.l.. I have a nice size ding in the back fender. Yes my car was in a booth, and on track. Getting mine fixed and covering cost myself. Oh, and windshield from rock chips driving cross country. Bottom line is next time, rope off the camaro at next show! If not, Then maybe just a hood or fender to demonstrate product. I don't think it's fair to bash a company however with little to no proof and then slam the owner because he doesn't live on C5 like some do, and respond to a pm. Were they the ONLY women around your camaro with nails? Like you said you were extremely busy, maybe they were the only 2 you remembered or saw by the camaro?
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying, if you go to a show, expect the worst, but hope for the best. Some members had engine issues to and from fest (much more expensive). Cosmetic / body damage - expect it. Could have been a little bit more professional on your part instead of just bashing a vendor. You should have called ACE before bashing (1-915-317-8984). I found the # in the same amount of time you did bashing here. Carlos has had these girls at numerous shows from what I was told, and how to respect everyones rides. You can also find them on face book under ACE CUSTOM STEERING. Trust me, I'm not taking either side, I could get pissed over a few things from vender's on here, however, I will at least give them the opportunity to correct prior to taking it up on a public thread with only 1 side of the story. Good luck, and hope it gets corrected soon.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 3130978)
Spot On.

It's the cost of doing business...and while I feel for you...it's a known risk. What if a forum members girlfriend/wife had done the same thing? Would you be seeking recompense here as well?

It SUCKS...and I feel for you. If private communication doesn't work, then it's time to chalk it up to lesson learned and write it off as a business expense.

I have my hood painted flat black and it's a BITCH to keep in good shape...so I feel your pain.

Have to agree with all the above quoted. At any show I watch my car like a hawk… Unless they are in bikinis most of the car models are wearing tons of shit that can damage your paint. Buttons on jeans, belt buckles and jewelry………look out!

That’s why you see the signs in windshields “Unless you are completely naked, DON’T TOUCH MY CAR!!!”

BackinBlackSS/RS 04-23-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 3131566)
Have to agree with all the above quoted. At any show I watch my car like a hawk… Unless they are in bikinis most of the car models are wearing tons of shit that can damage your paint. Buttons on jeans, belt buckles and jewelry………look out!

That’s why you see the signs in windshields “Unless you are completely naked, DON’T TOUCH MY CAR!!!”

New rule, bikni's or naked only at all C5 fests for all models. :D

ElManny 04-23-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 3131582)

:word: lol. They modeled by my car all afternoon sat and no scratches at all :iono:

Ladybugsmom 04-23-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 3131582)

Wouldn't have helped - fingernails and a belly-button ring still exist even when naked.... :iono:

BackinBlackSS/RS 04-23-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom (Post 3131769)
Wouldn't have helped - fingernails and a belly-button ring still exist even when naked.... :iono:

Okay, bikini's or naked only, no body jewelery and they all must wear white cotton gloves. :headbang:

IOM-SS 04-23-2011 01:33 PM

Scratches

Sorry to hear your car was scratched. Sonds like friendly negotiations are in order.

Picture this. At the L. A. Auto Show 2009 the Audi R8 was introduced in North America. If you have seen this car it has a sloping hood. While talking to the Audi Rep two boys decided to use the hood as a slide! can you imagine this there parents did not say a word or stop them. I looked at the rep asked him "are you going to say something" he shook his head no!

I attended a show this 30 pound kid was not tall enough to see the engine compartment what does he do climbs up on the front G F/X facia! what the heck is going on before I could say anything his father took him off we checked no scratches no damage lucky for my Camaro. I have seen people walk up have a camera around their neck look inside the car camera bumps the door chips the paint. People are not even aware what they have done. I am tempted to print up a flyer what is acceptable behaviour around Car's

IBMCamaro 04-23-2011 02:42 PM

So this isn't even close to a clear bra or vinyl stripes??? I just got done buffing out with Adam's products the vinyl stripes and the clear bra VERY carefully from the damage of the Road Wrap on the trip down to the Fest.

LOCKENESS-MONSTA 04-23-2011 02:53 PM

man thats BS i definetly be pi$$ed, i would have them pay for any of the damages

AZCamaroFan 04-23-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IOM-SS (Post 3131847)
Sorry to hear your car was scratched. Sonds like friendly negotiations are in order.

Picture this. At the L. A. Auto Show 2009 the Audi R8 was introduced in North America. If you have seen this car it has a sloping hood. While talking to the Audi Rep two boys decided to use the hood as a slide! can you imagine this there parents did not say a word or stop them. I looked at the rep asked him "are you going to say something" he shook his head no!

I attended a show this 30 pound kid was not tall enough to see the engine compartment what does he do climbs up on the front G F/X facia! what the heck is going on before I could say anything his father took him off we checked no scratches no damage lucky for my Camaro. I have seen people walk up have a camera around their neck look inside the car camera bumps the door chips the paint. People are not even aware what they have done. I am tempted to print up a flyer what is acceptable behaviour around Car's

i was at an auto show a few years ago and a kid opened the door to a new Corvette and climbed on it-full weight. i was at another show with old cars, all roped off , and this low class family comes up, leans over and puts their hands on a Sting Ray!!