Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which Generation of camaro do you like most (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034)

Camaro_Man_101 06-11-2007 11:34 AM

Which Generation of camaro do you like most

hey people make your choice on which genration is better

smontana16 06-11-2007 12:40 PM

Im guessing this is a poll on just looks since we dont know the performance of the 5th gen yet?

rray200 06-11-2007 01:13 PM

Can't pick the 5th gen, since its not out yet and haven't ever driven one. But I have driven the 4th gen, and loved them. They were the best performing F-bodies ever made.

Eisenhower 06-11-2007 01:35 PM

I've driven the 3rd & 4th gen. and for me, the 4th is the best performing. But with all the help from Cadillac and attention paid to the Camaro rebirth, you can bet this will be the best Camaro in all categories by far.

Camaro_Man_101 06-11-2007 01:45 PM

hey you can vote on the g5 but the point to putting it into the poll is so that ppl can vote on it becasue of all that mayb in it and all that wee know about it already lol :)

Punk_rider 06-11-2007 01:51 PM

sorry for the owners, but to me, generation 4 is just the worst. i would'nt take it if it was free.

at the same time, i don't have a car so ... but i'll have one in 2009 ...

yeah!

EllwynX 06-11-2007 02:10 PM

Well, I'm a very visual person, so I took this to be a 'Which Generation is the most Visually Appealing?"

I chose the 5th Gen as my favorite.

But my actual order of what ones looked best would be-

5th Gen
4th Gen (1998-2002)
3rd Gen (1991-1992)
4th Gen (1993-1997)
3rd Gen (1982-1990)
2nd Gen (Late 70's)
2nd Gen (Early 70's)
1st Gen

Sorry, but I don't know the subtle differences of the 2nd Gen's enough to know the years that seperate the ones I prefer over the ones I don't care much for. I just know the later ones were better looking than the early ones.

Mr. Wyndham 06-11-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punk_rider (Post 13107)
sorry for the owners, but to me, generation 4 is just the worst. i would'nt take it if it was free.

at the same time, i don't have a car so ... but i'll have one in 2009 ...

yeah!

They only look average(not bad)...again sorry - but in reality, they are great performers, those 4th gens! It's just that first impressions of this car aren't the greatest. My first impression was that it looked too ordinary, too much like a regular car.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for the right price, But now the 5th gens are out! So...

Silverado 06-11-2007 02:38 PM

Based mostly on looks as I've never driven a 1st Gen or a 5th Gen....

I would take 5th Gen first (love the looks, and the performance will be awesome...modern day chassis/suspension, brakes, engines, etc....)

Second, I would go with 1st Gen, but only the '69s (I never really liked the '67s or the '68s...don't know why, just didn't.)

Third, I would go with the 4th Gen, preferably the later ones, say after 2000 (loved the looks, and as mentioned above, more modern setup gives better performance)

Fourth, the 3rd Gen (I owned a '90 RS, but preferred the Z of course...again, good looks and solid performance)

Finally, the 2nd Gen (these years never were my favorite. I've driven them and had friends who owned them, but to me, they were the worst looking and often times worst performing Camaros).

z28camaro2471 06-11-2007 03:25 PM

Personally, I like them all. 1st gens for looks and old school muscle car performance. Early 2nd gens still had both looks and performance. Late 2nd gens lacked performance but I'm partial to them 'cause I've owned a few and still own one you might see (plus for the late 2nd gens, it's not that expensive to get these cars to 375 hps). 3rd gens while somewhat visually appealing lacked performance until 92 (and then you could only get a 350 w/an automatic :barf: ). 4th gens have probably the best level of performance when measuring straightline, braking, cornering and reliability concurrently. The 5th gen should beat them all in performance no questions asked. I think it will however take time for the looks of the car to be appreciated. While the 5th gen looks hot, I think it looks even hotter with hideaways, I hope someone offers something to give it that appearance. Maybe some retro looking "hockey" stripes too!

:evil:

TAG UR IT 06-12-2007 01:18 AM

There is no way I could simply pick one of these 5 generations of Camaros. They all have differences which make them unique to me. BUT...if I had to pick...my choice would go something like this...

1. 5th Gen (even though we don't have any solid info and based off of speculation only. This is sure to be the best handling and best performing Camaro ever built.)

2. Tie between the 1st and 4th Gen. 1st Gen just has the look and mean musclecar stance. 4th Gen has the handling. Both have the hp #'s and can hold their own on the street.

3. 2nd Gen. Just look at this Camaro. Split bumper (don't know this year model) is the best looking IMO. Of course, I'd have to drop in a better engine, but this is one fine automobile.

4. 3rd Gen. No. I don't dislike it because I picked it last. In fact, I think it's pretty sporty looking. My aunt had one for every year model built and I really liked the styling. Could have had some better engine options, though.

All in all, it comes down to this...the 5th Gen is going to be the best Camaro ever built in terms of build quality, aesthetics, handling, and performance. Even though there is no solid info on it yet, you're sure to bet that the LS3 w/ a good 430 horses or so will be under that hood. And...not only will you be at the end of that 1/4 mile before the other dude, but you will be able to drive it home and feel the quality ride of a Cadillac. Yes, I believe it will be this well built.

AFSNightrod 06-12-2007 02:42 AM

Just like when I see a pack of hot women together. I'd take all of them at once.

SoFlaZ 06-12-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFSNightrod (Post 13154)
Just like when I see a pack of hot women together. I'd take all of them at once.

:D Exactly my thoughts!

bcannan354 06-12-2007 07:33 PM

It is hard to pick the 5th gen when I have only seen pictures of it. My decision it based soley on looks and heritage. Since I was old enough to appreciate cars I have been obsessed with the first gens. The cars is just flat out the hottest car to ever roam the roads. Just my oppinion.