Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A few quick thoughts on the March 16th startup to calm people down... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517)

fbodfather 01-09-2009 09:23 PM

A few quick thoughts on the March 16th startup to calm people down...

....sorry but we're putting the final touches on NAIAS so I was not able to get on the site for the past couple of days -- but I started to read thru the IDL thread -- and DEAR GOD there is WAY too much mis-information out there.

Camaro Greg -- Please stop trying to 'interpret'.... While I believe your motives are honest and and well-meaning, you are -- perhaps unintentionally -- misleading people with some of what you are saying. I don't have the time to print off the thread, but there are just too many things that you -- and other people are 'interpreting' and most of it's wrong...............

Thoughts:

1. The one month delay is to bring you the BEST POSSIBLE Camaro ever....Let me assure you that the 'easy' thing to do would be to build the car -- get your money -- and then have you bring the cars back for 'little dissatisfiers' -- which, in reality would be upsetting to most people that they had to take a new car back for service -- .......and we are NOT willing to do that. The Camaro team feels that we need to sweat every detail on this car so that you will be completely satisfied at delivery - but MORE importantly -- you'll still have that grin on your face years after delivery.

BELIEVE ME - no one wants to 'delay' a start-up -- but we are doing this in YOUR interest as well as ours. (.....we could use the money right now....but it isn't worth it to ignore little nuances that need to be addressed.......)

2. We are NOT focusing only on V6s. We understand -- and frankly, are blessed -- that we have so many Camaro enthusiasts that have turned this car into a lifestyle -- (and some might say: addiction!)

Now for a personal comment: whomever feels we don't care about enthusiasts is living in a vacuum.
I could list for hours the things we have done to involve our valued enthusiasts in everything about this car........from electing "the 12 disciples of which there are 15" to sharing information about this car LONNGGGGGGGGGG before we -- or any other manufacturer -- has done ....EVER........

I have personally put in thousands of hours of my own time to keep the community together -- and to try and keep the faith within the community. I don't expect anyone to thank me -- or to 'cowtow' to me -- I chose to do it because, like you, I LOVE THE CAMARO -- and it was -- and is -- the right thing to do.......but when I hear someone say "GM doesn't care about us" I get a *bit upset*......

We ARE going to provide each dealer with a new Camaro -- for many reasons: We want people to come in and sit in the car -- to drive the car -- to fall in love with the car -- and to order the car of their dreams -- and we're doing it with the V6 car because we KNOW that a large percentage of our enthusiasts want a V8 engine -- so rather than build a 'stock' V8 -- we'll build V6s for stock -- and build V8s to get you your 'sold' order as soon as we can.

I know for a fact that many dealers have asked us to build them a 'stock' car so that they can have a "Camaro Celebration" with their local Camaro clubs. And -- it's no surprise that most of these cars will be Silver -- because, you see -- the Silver Concept blew people away --even people who would never normally consider a Camaro as their 'car of choice' -- and the production car is a dead ringer to the concept --......

.....oh - by the way -- CAFE will play a role in future years of the Camaro -- but right now, we're safe.......

We are not **completely stupid** -- we KNOW how badly you want your new Camaros -- and it's our intent to do whatever we can to get them to you ASAP -- BUT - we won't ship cars until we're confident that we've taken care of any outstanding issue.

Now -- I must warn you -- John, Cheryl and I are going to be tied up with NAIAS for the next several days -- so we won't be able to come onto this site at will and answer your questions - and if the thread goes to a couple of hundred posts -- I won't be able to read 'em all.......

What I would simply ask you to do is know that:

>We are BLESSED to have you as a Camaro Enthusiast
>We want your new Camaro to be the best car you've ever owned..
>We only wish we could see the grins on your collective faces the first time you get behind the wheel -- turn the key -- and drive at a *lively pace* out of the dealership.
>We are working long into the night to address any issues that we feel need to be addressed before shipping new Camaros to you.
>We want to sell as many Camaros as possible -- because that allows us to work on a 6th gen........but to do that, we also know that the car has to appeal to more than just enthusiasts -- and that's where the V6 comes into play.......

Thanks for your continued patience -- I think you'll find the wait was more than worthwhile..........

jeffny09 01-09-2009 09:27 PM

that didnt answer my concern why the delay on the v8

MrGazinya 01-09-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 240748)
....sorry but we're putting the final touches on NAIAS so I was not able to get on the site for the past couple of days -- but I started to read thru the IDL thread -- and DEAR GOD there is WAY too much mis-information out there.

Camaro Greg -- Please stop trying to 'interpret'.... While I believe your motives are honest and and well-meaning, you are -- perhaps unintentionally -- misleading people with some of what you are saying. I don't have the time to print off the thread, but there are just too many things that you -- and other people are 'interpreting' and most of it's wrong...............

Thoughts:

1. The one month delay is to bring you the BEST POSSIBLE Camaro ever....Let me assure you that the 'easy' thing to do would be to build the car -- get your money -- and then have you bring the cars back for 'little dissatisfiers' -- which, in reality would be upsetting to most people that they had to take a new car back for service -- .......and we are NOT willing to do that. The Camaro team feels that we need to sweat every detail on this car so that you will be completely satisfied at delivery - but MORE importantly -- you'll still have that grin on your face years after delivery.

BELIEVE ME - no one wants to 'delay' a start-up -- but we are doing this in YOUR interest as well as ours. (.....we could use the money right now....but it isn't worth it to ignore little nuances that need to be addressed.......)

2. We are NOT focusing only on V6s. We understand -- and frankly, are blessed -- that we have so many Camaro enthusiasts that have turned this car into a lifestyle -- (and some might say: addiction!)

Now for a personal comment: whomever feels we don't care about enthusiasts is living in a vacuum.
I could list for hours the things we have done to involve our valued enthusiasts in everything about this car........from electing "the 12 disciples of which there are 15" to sharing information about this car LONNGGGGGGGGGG before we -- or any other manufacturer -- has done ....EVER........

I have personally put in thousands of hours of my own time to keep the community together -- and to try and keep the faith within the community. I don't expect anyone to thank me -- or to 'cowtow' to me -- I chose to do it because, like you, I LOVE THE CAMARO -- and it was -- and is -- the right thing to do.......but when I hear someone say "GM doesn't care about us" I get a *bit upset*......

We ARE going to provide each dealer with a new Camaro -- for many reasons: We want people to come in and sit in the car -- to drive the car -- to fall in love with the car -- and to order the car of their dreams -- and we're doing it with the V6 car because we KNOW that a large percentage of our enthusiasts want a V8 engine -- so rather than build a 'stock' V8 -- we'll build V6s for stock -- and build V8s to get you your 'sold' order as soon as we can.

I know for a fact that many dealers have asked us to build them a 'stock' car so that they can have a "Camaro Celebration" with their local Camaro clubs. And -- it's no surprise that most of these cars will be Silver -- because, you see -- the Silver Concept blew people away --even people who would never normally consider a Camaro as their 'car of choice' -- and the production car is a dead ringer to the concept --......

.....oh - by the way -- CAFE will play a role in future years of the Camaro -- but right now, we're safe.......

We are not **completely stupid** -- we KNOW how badly you want your new Camaros -- and it's our intent to do whatever we can to get them to you ASAP -- BUT - we won't ship cars until we're confident that we've taken care of any outstanding issue.

Now -- I must warn you -- John, Cheryl and I are going to be tied up with NAIAS for the next several days -- so we won't be able to come onto this site at will and answer your questions - and if the thread goes to a couple of hundred posts -- I won't be able to read 'em all.......

What I would simply ask you to do is know that:

>We are BLESSED to have you as a Camaro Enthusiast
>We want your new Camaro to be the best car you've ever owned..
>We only wish we could see the grins on your collective faces the first time you get behind the wheel -- turn the key -- and drive at a *lively pace* out of the dealership.
>We are working long into the night to address any issues that we feel need to be addressed before shipping new Camaros to you.
>We want to sell as many Camaros as possible -- because that allows us to work on a 6th gen........but to do that, we also know that the car has to appeal to more than just enthusiasts -- and that's where the V6 comes into play.......

Thanks for your continued patience -- I think you'll find the wait was more than worthwhile..........

Thank you sir, I feel better now blood pressure is starting to level off:)

ucla1ove3 01-09-2009 09:34 PM

wow dude show a little respect^^

Chemical 01-09-2009 09:35 PM

Hmmm... CAFE to play a role in the future? I know that doesn't mean the Camaro will go away... so we're getting a hybrid? Electric Voltmaro?

I'm kidding... good to hear from the Father again.

Legend 01-09-2009 09:36 PM

One question...why did GM not tell dealers they need to split their initial allotments to meet GM's expectations of building V6 cars?

Easily could have said "You have XXX allotments and you must order XXX V6 cars and XXX V8 cars".

Then we'd only be looking at a 4 week delay...a delay that we are all more than happy to accept for better quality!

But GM not telling dealers to accept certain numbers for each allocation is where the ball was dropped!

I understand GM will "get to" those "sold" orders...but they could have got to all of those orders had they just communicated with the dealer on what they could sell!

Thanks for the words though and look forward to more info.

wightfoxx 01-09-2009 09:36 PM

THANK YOU, for your responce. I'm waiting. Cant wait to get mine, and I will send you a pic. of me when I pick it up, so you know I love my camaro as much as you guy's :wave:

fbodfather 01-09-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffny09 (Post 240755)
that didnt answer my concern why the delay on the v8

There is NO DELAY on the V8 engine.

Let me repeat that:

there is no delay on the V8 engine...............

fbodfather 01-09-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Legend (Post 240769)
One question...why did GM not tell dealers they need to split their initial allotments to meet GM's expectations of building V6 cars?

Easily could have said "You have XXX allotments and you must order XXX V6 cars and XXX V8 cars".

Then we'd only be looking at a 4 week delay...a delay that we are all more than happy to accept for better quality!

But GM not telling dealers to accept certain numbers for each allocation is where the ball was dropped!

I understand GM will "get to" those "sold" orders...but they could have got to all of those orders had they just communicated with the dealer on what they could sell!

Thanks for the words though and look forward to more info.

We WOULD Have IF - let me say that word again ....IF we had a constraint on V8 engines.

At this point in time - -WE DO NOT have a constraint on V8 engines --

Let me repeat that:

WE DO NOT have a constraint on V8 engines.

Might we in the future? Perhaps -- but why tell a dealer he can only get a certain number of V8s -- doing that only creates the tendency to increase the 'profit' on the V8 car -- and you and I don't want that to happen, now do we?

I understand how upsetting this can be -- but most of the upset is caused by mis-information --

Legend 01-09-2009 09:45 PM

Thanks for your reply....very much appreciated!!

Look forward to my 2SS/RS!!!

Iroczlover 01-09-2009 09:46 PM

Dont you hate repeating yourself Scott lol, Someone needs to be kidnapped & a vacation.

A Vacation in Seattle will do you for a week lol

IRONMAN/SS 01-09-2009 09:49 PM

hey Fbod thanks for the quick swoop in to relieve us of our woes!:clap:

while we have you here WHERE IS CGM?:D:popcorn:

Camaro_Corvette 01-09-2009 09:53 PM

Thank you Scott.

zebra 01-09-2009 09:54 PM

Scott, thank you so much for your input on this issue. i'm sure you've noticed the 28 pages of moaning & groaning just since this morning! your reassurance goes a long way towards many people keeping their orders and being happy with GM for years to come. hope y'all have a great weekend at NAIAS!