Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Middle East (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Warranty (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50203)

AK40x 11-01-2009 03:04 PM

Warranty

I recently ordered a camaro ss, and i was wondering what tunes can i do for the car that wont get the warranty voided?

Example: Exhaust, suspensions...etc.

TAG UR IT 11-01-2009 03:08 PM

Lots of threads on warranties. Use the search tool typing in "warranty" for the thread title and you'll get a BUNCH of info.

Long story short, LT's with cats, full exhaust, and CAI won't void your warranty. Bout the best you can get w/out touching the warranty. Most important part is that powertrain. Doing suspension work should not have any effect on powertrain what so ever.

Doing a tune will void your warranty guaranteed.

TAG UR IT 11-01-2009 03:10 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49878

AK40x 11-01-2009 05:28 PM

Tag, I appreciate your reply, but here in the U.A.E they kinda like twistin things their way.

kuwait-camaro 11-02-2009 10:58 AM

you can go to the dealer "liberty" and buy from him "GMperformance".

Camaro_hx 11-03-2009 06:38 AM

AK40x, i agree with you, even in Kuwait, the dealers just tend to make up their own warranty claim policies as if its their Company brand name!

To deal with these issues, be strong by having everything documented from GM documentations.

P.s. Ive ordered my LT RS in cyber grey since early Sep'09 and im still waiting til; 22-24th November for it to arrive... funny enough I DO NOTTT TRUST THE SALEMAN'S WORDS! First he told me itl arrive on 13th October, then he said the shipment arrived by your car with the options you ordered is not included! now im waiting til 22-24th November.

I will be FUMIN' if it doesnt arrive then, Ive sold my Tahoe'08 2months back thinkin ill be receiving my Cammy in mid October! :S

AK40x 11-03-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_h (Post 1127386)
AK40x, i agree with you, even in Kuwait, the dealers just tend to make up their own warranty claim policies as if its their Company brand name!

To deal with these issues, be strong by having everything documented from GM documentations.

P.s. Ive ordered my LT RS in cyber grey since early Sep'09 and im still waiting til; 22-24th November for it to arrive... funny enough I DO NOTTT TRUST THE SALEMAN'S WORDS! First he told me itl arrive on 13th October, then he said the shipment arrived by your car with the options you ordered is not included! now im waiting til 22-24th November.

I will be FUMIN' if it doesnt arrive then, Ive sold my Tahoe'08 2months back thinkin ill be receiving my Cammy in mid October! :S

ouch!!! But I think this time he is being honest, cause the next shipment for bin 7mooda is the end of november (as been told to me). So INSHALLA you'll be gettin your baby as i will be gettin mine. But if it doesn't arrive this month I think I am goin to cancel the order all at once and go to any individual private owned showroom

Camaro_hx 11-04-2009 07:32 AM

Maaan, how can I cancel?? Ive waited so long and if I cancel, im kinda screwed cus i dont trust to buy it from else where and i dont think itl be available.

I want my cyber grey LT/RS! Anyway, whats ure baby's option & in what colour? Whos your salesman? Did they tell you its scheduled to arrive on 26th November?

BLACK 11-05-2009 12:42 AM

below the things that are allowed/not.

cat-back OK
Filter OK
headers NO
SC/Turbo NO

UAE_Camaro_Fan 11-08-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK40x (Post 1129594)
ouch!!! But I think this time he is being honest, cause the next shipment for bin 7mooda is the end of november (as been told to me). So INSHALLA you'll be gettin your baby as i will be gettin mine. But if it doesn't arrive this month I think I am goin to cancel the order all at once and go to any individual private owned showroom

Don't cancel your order, it really woths the wait. Some showrooms will tend to trick you with their deals. I got my camaro directly from Al Ghandi auto and it was 185,00 AED and it was the first lot!!!. The private showrooms was asking at least 10,000 AED more at that time

Camaro_hx 11-09-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAE_Camaro_Fan (Post 1148143)
Don't cancel your order, it really woths the wait. Some showrooms will tend to trick you with their deals. I got my camaro directly from Al Ghandi auto and it was 185,00 AED and it was the first lot!!!. The private showrooms was asking at least 10,000 AED more at that time

Yh im not gonna cancel, i will have to make them lower the price, thats the least they could do since ive been waitin from early sept'09.

Guys, 3eid is comin' up, dont forget to pamper ure camaros good that day (inshallah ill receive mine jus before 3eid).
:chevy:

TAG UR IT 11-09-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK40x (Post 1119986)
Tag, I appreciate your reply, but here in the U.A.E they kinda like twistin things their way.

:yikes:

I'm sure you know I didn't read that "location" part below your name, right?:laugh:

Sorry about that.

AK40x 11-11-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 1150039)
:yikes:

I'm sure you know I didn't read that "location" part below your name, right?:laugh:

Sorry about that.

lol, yea i figured.

;)

AK40x 11-11-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_h (Post 1131673)
Maaan, how can I cancel?? Ive waited so long and if I cancel, im kinda screwed cus i dont trust to buy it from else where and i dont think itl be available.

I want my cyber grey LT/RS! Anyway, whats ure baby's option & in what colour? Whos your salesman? Did they tell you its scheduled to arrive on 26th November?

2SS/RS black, accent trim package, full option, Bin 7mooda. Yes, they said last week of November (if i can recall he might have said the 27th).

Just today I contacted Liberty, and their batch is arriving at the end of this month as well, except they are having different colors, unlike bin 7mooda their batch is ALL black (about 5 SS, and i think 3 LT).
Seeing that I am leaning towards the orange or yellow, I might just switch to Liberty, not quiet sure yet.:thumbsup: