Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   2010 Camaro BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop pics!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48238)

BMR Sales 10-20-2009 01:07 PM

2010 Camaro BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop pics!!!

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of our NHRA legal 2010 Camaro Driveshaft loop. This is a safety item that we really recomend for anybody who is taking their car out to the dragstrip. This item can immensly reduce the amount of damage done to the car from a broken driveshaft. Also this item is required for any car running a slick that is 13.99 or faster or 11.99 or faster with street tires. I know our local NHRA track really tries to make us have one on cars that are 13.99 and faster with drag radials. Here is a insert from the actual NHRA rula book.

2:4 DRIVELINE
In place of a crossmember, in the vicinity of the front universal
joint, all RWD cars running 13.99 or quicker with slicks and 11.49
or quicker with street tires must have a retainer loop 360 degrees
of enclosure, 1/4-inch minimum thickness and 2 inches wide, or
7/8-inch x .065-inch welded steel tubing, securely mounted and
located within 6 inches of the front universal joint for support of the
driveshaft in event of U-joint failure. Open drivelines passing any
part of the driver’s body must be completely enclosed in 1/8-inchminimum-
thickness steel plate, securely mounted to the frame or
frame structure.

This is a super easy install, you don't have to drop the exhaust or the driveshaft. Install times on the driveshaft safety loop is about an hour in your driveway and 30 minutes on a lift. Not quite sure on pricing and availability yet but that will come in the very near future. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

boostedyards86 10-22-2009 02:49 PM

need one NOW!

5th Gen SS 10-22-2009 04:34 PM

Very nice. I will be needing one very soon.

BMR Sales 10-23-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostedyards86 (Post 1077164)
need one NOW!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Gen SS (Post 1077598)
Very nice. I will be needing one very soon.

Guys I should have the finished piece done and ready for production by the end of next week.

boostedyards86 10-23-2009 08:37 AM

keep us updated.

GeorgeInNePa 11-01-2009 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 1079642)
Guys I should have the finished piece done and ready for production by the end of next week.

Will this fit a G8?

BMR Sales 11-02-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa (Post 1118486)
Will this fit a G8?

It is possible I have to get our G8 GXP shop car in here and test fit it.

boostedyards86 11-02-2009 09:39 AM

dont need one anymore... you guys took too long and i made my own. sorry guys. your picture was helpful though.

IPS Brandon 11-03-2009 04:56 PM

We could have used that before our customer gernaded his fuel tanks! Serious business to you guys out there drag racing, this was just a cam only car.

The rear of the factory driveshaft is very weak, and common under wheel hop or hard launching to sheer.

Looks good!

Regards

chevy454 11-03-2009 05:39 PM

What's the 4-1-1 on this loop? We're gonna need something...

BMR Sales 11-04-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPS Brandon (Post 1129575)
We could have used that before our customer gernaded his fuel tanks! Serious business to you guys out there drag racing, this was just a cam only car.

The rear of the factory driveshaft is very weak, and common under wheel hop or hard launching to sheer.

Looks good!

Regards

Brandon, it is a huge help when driveshafts break. Most people don't realize they need one till they are kicked out of their local dragstrip or break a driveshaft and do a considerable amount of damage. No matter how fast your car is or what time they run I recommend these safety loops to anyone who races or drive their car very spiritedly.

BMR Sales 11-04-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy454 (Post 1129705)
What's the 4-1-1 on this loop? We're gonna need something...

Next week they should be reay to be released to you guys. I am just waiting for the last batch of plates to be lasered then we can get these into production.

IPS Brandon 11-05-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 1131932)
Brandon, it is a huge help when driveshafts break. Most people don't realize they need one till they are kicked out of their local dragstrip or break a driveshaft and do a considerable amount of damage. No matter how fast your car is or what time they run I recommend these safety loops to anyone who races or drive their car very spiritedly.

Ironically enough you couldnt be more correct!

Got a call last night on my blackberry,

client at the track "uh my car wont move and made a loud thwacking sound in the floor boards"

Me " you just broke your driveshaft"

Client " no way"

Me "Crawl underneath and look by the rear diff"

Client " Sure as shit it, and my heat shields and fuel tank look bad"

Me "we will get it figured out, but we HAVE to put a loop on the car now like I mentioned"

Client "absolutely" ...

This car made 380 wheel..., so it can happen to anyone racing!

Regards

mtcwby 11-10-2009 01:04 AM

IPS Brandon-- I don't think that the BMR loop will help in your customer's situation. The BMR loop is around the front of the driveline.
Do they have a loop for the rear of the driveline available? That seems to be what is breaking the most.