Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bumblebee Paint Job (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6016)

Tom Henry Racing 08-15-2008 10:43 AM

As far as I can tell GM won't offer a paint package, beyond the cars they were giving away. If GM did I would not bother with my own package obviously. The paint would be offered thru Tom Henry Racing and would be quite limited in volume. I was also thinking of doing a negative bumble bee, take a black car and put the gold stipes on it. It sounds like that would be more of a price that people would expect, without doing the whole car.

Design1stCode2nd 08-15-2008 01:13 PM

I would think of getting one from GM possibly but not after market. Nothing lke a factory pain job unless you spend some serious cash.

The only think I wonder is would you get tired of the Transformer logos and stuff after a few years? And would it help or hurt resale value?

Camaro Lives On 08-15-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 112321)
little weasel, eh? lol

1) yes
2) yes
3) about $2000 is going to be the highest you could go and still expect to sell a bunch of them... if you priced them at $4000, you have to figure that the price would now be entering the $40k range, and its going to be hard to sell a Camaro to folks that know there's a $40k Mustang out there with 500hp.

if you were wanting it to be a limited run offered at, say, Tom Henry Chevrolet or Tom Henry Racing, you might get away with a $5000 package that included a hotcam and springs swap, the Bumblebee paint job and custom stitching on the headrest... and maybe a commemorative emblem somehwere inside the car that showed what build number it was in the series each year.

but that's just a thought

There is an easy way to solve that problem... give the BB Camaro 550 HP :headbang: :D .

But about the original subject...

1) Yes
2) Hell Yes!!!
3) $3k-$4k

Supermans 08-15-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd (Post 112879)
I would think of getting one from GM possibly but not after market. Nothing lke a factory pain job unless you spend some serious cash.

The only think I wonder is would you get tired of the Transformer logos and stuff after a few years? And would it help or hurt resale value?

Considering that Bumblebee now has a different look in the new Transformers movie, and the original Bumblebee in Transformers one looks identical to a V6 and not the V8 with the Valspar yellow paint job and black stripes, re-sail value might not be as good since a V6 re-painted with stripes will be commonplace since it is easy to do and GM will offer a package so you will se lots of them in a few years. The highest re-sail value will be if you do the re-paint before the second batch come out and a few Bumblebee's out on the road. Once it becomes more commonplace, you will not get as high a re-sail value. The Transformers 2 Bumblebee looks a little more unique even though it is uglier in my opinion however because of its uniqueness, that should give you a higher re-sail value...

Mr. Wyndham 08-15-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Weasel (Post 112756)
As far as I can tell GM won't offer a paint package, beyond the cars they were giving away. If GM did I would not bother with my own package obviously. The paint would be offered thru Tom Henry Racing and would be quite limited in volume. I was also thinking of doing a negative bumble bee, take a black car and put the gold stipes on it. It sounds like that would be more of a price that people would expect, without doing the whole car.

If you wanted to keep it limited, then you could probably charge 5 grand. I assume when you say "Bumblebee" you mean a pseudo-shifting orange/yellow paint, right?

I like the idea of a negative bumblebee, too. It would be very unique; and you could lable it Tom Henry-specific -- which would be an attention grabber at shows.:D

GTAHVIT 08-15-2008 02:57 PM

Supermans,

someone killed your bug.... :D

greenrail 08-15-2008 04:15 PM

If anyone can appreciate the Bumblebee Paint scheme, I do. However (I hate when People say however), think about being one of (however many similar cars out there)?

THis kind of reminds me of the 1979 Indy Pace Car Corvettes. Everyone had to have one and Chevy ended up producing so many it virtually killed its collectability.

I am still sticking with Red Jewel Tintcoat!

Muscle Master 08-15-2008 04:18 PM

I couldn't ride in a yellow car, too bright and fruity, Hugger orange and Hemi is as bright as I go

JEFF2010SSMANUAL 08-15-2008 04:25 PM

I like a yellow/orange like the Bumblebee, regular yellow is too bright and Inferno orange looks too red. I like OLD SCHOOL Competition Orange.

I am worried about getting Inferno orange because many will get it and the SRT8 Challenger is mostly Hemi Orange.

White, yellow or orange for me. NO DARK COLORS.

Emher 08-15-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 113028)
I couldn't ride in a yellow car, too bright and fruity, Hugger orange and Hemi is as bright as I go

Aw damn, guess I'm outed as a bisexual then huh? lol

Unless you meant that yellow makes a car look like a Banana. I really love yellow on this car though, and my dad who's generally a fan on darker and more suttle colors agreed when he saw the color swatches.

Mr Twisty 08-15-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 113028)

I might get me a yellow Maro with black skunk stripes and go hemi-huntin
heeeere hemihemihemi :fighting0040:

Chevyrocker 08-15-2008 06:11 PM

GM will be coming out with a Bumblebee package from what I've been told here at work. If you were going to do it yoursself, you would have to charge at least 4-5K to do a nice job and make it worth your while (profit wise).

fbodfather 08-15-2008 06:32 PM

We have no immediate plans to offer a Bumblebee Package --

There will be three cars specially painted (not at the plant) to fulfill the Transformers Contest.

Ladies and Gentlemen -- the cost of the Bumblebee paint alone approaches what some of you would be willing to pay....that does not include any prep or the painting itself -- or cleanup --

Supermans 08-15-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 112956)
Supermans,

someone killed your bug.... :D

It's back :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 113118)
We have no immediate plans to offer a Bumblebee Package --

There will be three cars specially painted (not at the plant) to fulfill the Transformers Contest.

Ladies and Gentlemen -- the cost of the Bumblebee paint alone approaches what some of you would be willing to pay....that does not include any prep or the painting itself -- or cleanup --

That's bad news I guess, but opens the door for others to offer it. You guys could have probably gotten a discount from Valspar if you bought the paint in bulk purhaps and passed the savings along to those willing to pay the extra fee..