Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PRAY FOR ME!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2702)

TFord 01-27-2008 09:27 PM

PRAY FOR ME!!!

Wow... life sure can throw a mean left hook sometimes....Me getting a 5th gen Is looking more and more unlikely. I got shafted at my last command and the transfered me up here to WA dispite the fact Ive got a career ending spinal injury because they didnt wanna deal with it. So Im paying a mortgage for a house in GA, and staying with my inlaws. Unfortunately my father-in-law is a POS...My mother in law dosent speak good english, and she gives him the money for all the bills and mortgage. too bad for us he hasnt payed the bills in three months, because he'd rather pay his GF's bills. So we helped pay the past due bills and mortgage, and now he's kicking us out because we are helping his wife understand whats going on with the money. So now Ive just paid a deposit on an apartment and trying to figure out how to pay my mortgage, and rent...etc. Then the Navy says congrats your getting medically seperated:mad0259: :mad0259: :mad0259:
WTF what the hell did I doo in my past life? Man am I paying for it now!:mad0260: needless to say my savings are depleted, And I put 500 miles on my 4th gen a week. My tools have been stolen, and I need a new power steering pump, and hoses, my shocks/struts have 150K miles on them, and its time to do most of my schedueled maint. with now where or the tools to do it...so there goes my tax return.:cry:

Just needed to vent

Mindz 01-27-2008 09:40 PM

Damn bro, looks like I'm not the only one with some rl problems. Hope everything turns out well in the end. Get rockband or lemme know what you wanna race at pro street and I'll hop on xbl if you have internet there.

TFord 01-27-2008 10:14 PM

bro Im feeling it now! just 2 months ago, I was getting ready to start school at the art institute of seattle. and now Ive gotta do a career change, and with my injury I cant go into a technical field, and thats all Im trained for. now Im hoping that the VA and Navy dosent shaft me on my disability. If I can manage to get 100% things will be hella tight but we'd make it. Ill catch you online bro...thats if I can get the net!

TAG UR IT 01-28-2008 01:52 AM

Tough time, man. I'm sorry to hear it. Things will get better, though....it'll just take some time.

I remember when I had nothing....about $20 to my name. My friends mom started giving me food from her pantry to help out (bread and macaroni and cheese). It was tough....in debt up to my ears....a truck that constantly broke down. It wasn't fun bumming food from my friends mom. And now? House, two cars, two kiddos, ...it'll get better.

GTAHVIT 01-28-2008 11:13 AM

Tford,

As far as the VA and Navy is concerned, my wife and i went through a similar situation that was gratefully resolved. In the beginning of the process (about a month before she got out) We weren't sure how it was gonna play out. The good news is the VA stepped up and fixed a lot of what the Navy couldn't. We will definitely keep you in our prayers. If you have any questions on how the process worked for us let me know.

I'm a big Fan of the Navy/military as it did a lot for my wife and I. But your situation is unfortunately an example of how they can be horribly wrong. Hopefully your GI bill will help with getting your education back on track.

Best wishes.

Cubanaso 01-28-2008 01:24 PM

Wow, life always beats us up in a series of events like you stated. I've been looking for work for 3 months, applied for 50 jobs and have not even had an interview which is very disappointing and depressing. We sold our home trying to buy a new one, but the payment would've been to high (long story) so I have no job and no home right now.

BUT, things can ALWAYS be worse so try to stay focused on that fact before you get to down.

With that said, I'm Christian and my hope lies with CHRIST so I will always have...HOPE. So, I'm going to make sure and pray for you and your family during this hard time. Sorry...we all go through them.

Mr. Wyndham 01-28-2008 01:25 PM

Sorry to hear it, bro....

It will get better, though; it always does - that's how it works. - just can't say when.:iono: Feel free to rant/vent all you'd like in this thread...God know we all need some sort of outlet.

TFord 01-28-2008 05:08 PM

I really appreciate it everyone...gotta keep my head up.

Gtahvit Im happy that the VA took care of you. Ive heard a lot of good things about the VA...and a few not so good but Im praying that they take care of me. Id rather get fixed, and finish out may career but with my injury its out of the question. Im a Submariner, and unfortunately we tend to fall through the cracks because its such a small community. Besides that I have no major gripes...If I could do it all again I would, but try not to get hurt.

Cubanaso Ill be sure to keep you and yours in my prayers. Im very worried about finding employment post navy. Im a nuclear weapons technican, but I cant even lift my arm above shoulder level. So that kinda excludes all the technical jobs I qualified for. So this transition should be at the very least interesting.

Emher 01-28-2008 05:26 PM

Well I still don't have a job so it'll be a while after getting a job before I can even start saving up for the Camaro what with all the money I owe my parents.

Cubanaso 01-28-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Cubanaso Ill be sure to keep you and yours in my prayers. Im very worried about finding employment post navy. Im a nuclear weapons technican, but I cant even lift my arm above shoulder level. So that kinda excludes all the technical jobs I qualified for. So this transition should be at the very least interesting.
Dang, can surgery fix that or is this something you have to deal with? If anything, the world of consulting is pretty big so I wonder if you can use your knowledge in that fashion?

Maybe Iran or North Korea needs...LOL!!!!! Just kidding!!!!!Just trying to get a smile out of ya...lol.

Anyway, thanks for the prayers and I'll keep you and yours in mine also. It's rough...this life, but as many have said it's just stuff we all have to deal with at one point or another in this life.

GOD BLESS!

TFord 01-28-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubanaso (Post 41950)
Maybe Iran or North Korea needs...LOL!!!!! Just kidding!!!!!Just trying to get a smile out of ya...lol.

:laughabove:

I wish they could fix it. My C-5 nerve root got partially torn from my spinal cord (think they called it a root avulsion) and I ruptured my brachial plexus.:iono: Its here to stay

Cubanaso 01-28-2008 09:19 PM

^OUCH MAN!!!!!!!

How did that happen? Well my friend...my continual prayers are headed upstairs for you and yours.

TFord 01-30-2008 04:18 PM

wow when it rains it pours....I just got diagnosed with RSD by my neurologist. If anyone has any experience with it feel free to share!

TAG UR IT 01-30-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) or complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), is a chronic, painful, and progressive neurological condition that affects skin, muscles, joints, and bones. The syndrome usually develops in an injured limb, such as a broken leg, or following surgery. However, many cases of RSD involve only a minor injury, such as a sprain. And in some cases, no precipitating event can be identified.

Pain may begin in one area or limb and then spread to other limbs. RSD/CRPS is characterized by various degrees of burning pain, excessive sweating, swelling, and sensitivity to touch. Symptoms of RSD/CRPS may recede for years and then reappear with a new injury.
D@mn, man. That's horrible news. I was looking for a cure and it looks like this is something that could be long term. This is what I found, but I hope something can be worked out for you. Did this happen on the job?

Quote:

Because currently there is no cure for RSD, the goals of treatment include: 1) controlling and minimizing pain to the greatest extent possible; 2) restoring function to the RSD-affected limb; 3) preventing progression of the disease process to the late stage; and 4) improving the patient's quality of life and psycholocial functioning.

The MediFocus Guidebook on Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy will inform you about the signs and symptoms of RSD, the treatment options including drug therapy, sympathetic nerve blocks, chemical and surgical sympathectomy, physical therapy, and other methods used for controlling pain and improving quality of life. You will also learn about new, experimental treatments that are currently under investigation that may be effective for the management of RSD.