Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whats some of the dumbest things people have said about your camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29403)

SirBrad 06-25-2009 11:33 PM

Everyone is calling it the 09 Camaro...which isn't really that dumb if you're not familiar.

But I've had two people ask if it was the new Mustang. Another asked what it was.

SPANKS2SS 06-25-2009 11:44 PM

Did you buy it because you love tranformers,ooooo no the dumbest was the saleman told me was to much car for me.

diggermike62 06-26-2009 12:40 AM

Yes, I was Told by an Older gentlman that it looks like the new Challenger, My son chimed in and said, this is classic. "YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT" and that just made my day.

SummoneR 06-26-2009 12:50 AM

Yeah we're going to add $4,000 to your agreed upon MSRP price for tinted windows, paint sealer, car cover and a stick on clear bra. Even if you don't want it. I will honor the deal... but not on this car...
:sm0:

After that most people make cracks about GM going bankrupt.

pinkcamaro10 06-26-2009 12:52 AM

okay i've had plenty of stupid comments, but i've never met someone with so little comomon sense before today..

I took my dog to get groomed at a dog groomers in the same shopping center as my salon, and i went to see if she was done, and she was, and i said im just gonna put her in the salon and i'll be right back with some cash. There was some guy that works there and he goes "oh do you work at that salon?" and i said "well i actually own it" and he said "who's pretty camaro is that" and i said "mine" and he said "really, there was a black one just like it parked out front last week."

:facepalm:

ZNOLMT 06-26-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 621812)
okay i've had plenty of stupid comments, but i've never met someone with so little comomon sense before today..

I took my dog to get groomed at a dog groomers in the same shopping center as my salon, and i went to see if she was done, and she was, and i said im just gonna put her in the salon and i'll be right back with some cash. There was some guy that works there and he goes "oh do you work at that salon?" and i said "well i actually own it" and he said "who's pretty camaro is that" and i said "mine" and he said "really, there was a black one just like it parked out front last week."

:facepalm: +1

SummoneR 06-26-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 621812)

How funny, icing on the cake would have been if you had talked to him about it a week earlier, and asked you the same questions, then this time said you must be the new owner, funny you would have a similar car as the previous owner...

Black5thgen 06-26-2009 01:15 AM

I had a ricer kid ask me how I got a concept Camaro. I told him my Dad worked for GM and since they're going out of business they gave it to me.

Haloman1346 06-26-2009 02:15 AM

"That the new Mustang?"

"That the new Challenger?"

"Can I sit in it?"

"That thing has nothing on the new Shelby GT500, does it?"
"Uh no it doesn't, I dont think I could take a 4.8l Supercharged 60k car...."

Cop asked me this one:

"How fast have you gotten it up to?

"What did you pay, around 50-60k for that car?"

Merica 06-26-2009 06:55 AM

There was a party next door to me.Some guy just walks in my driveway dosent say any thing goes over looks at the car and says that car dont look the way its suppose too:paddle:

sabrescamaro 06-26-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black5thgen (Post 621843)
I had a ricer kid ask me how I got a concept Camaro. I told him my Dad worked for GM and since they're going out of business they gave it to me.

Hahaha, nice. I can't wait for that ricer kid to go crazy when the concepts are everywhere beating his car at everything :chevy:

LadiesMan217 06-26-2009 07:05 AM

People think that this car is a ton more than it is. GM needs to let everybody know the REAL cost of this car!

"What do you do for a living? Isn't that a $60K car?"

At a gas station: "Is that the new BMW?" (I had the Halos on).
(which struck me as funny because he knew that BMW's had halos...)

A Charger driver said to me, "I wouldn't be caught dead in that car." I said, "Have you seen the size of this trunk? You might be someday." (We were razzing each other).

mmarcum 06-26-2009 07:08 AM

The dumbest thing I've encountered yet is one guy who asked me why I didn't just buy a C6 Vette because he thought they MSRP'd for the exact same price!

josh1147 06-26-2009 07:16 AM

"Looks like GM took the front of a Mustang and the back of a Challenger and put them together....is that from the new company?" I said, "what new company"?

"You know, the one Obama made after he bought the American car makers?"

I just walked about before I backhanded her..... :facepalm: It's no wonder this country is in such dis-array. Most Americans are idiots.