Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A couple questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5559)

camaro10 07-27-2008 08:49 AM

A couple questions

Sorry if these have been answered already, I couldn't possibly read EVERY threads posts, I'd get dizzy! So here are a few, Thanks!! :chevy:

A couple questions:
The RS pkg comes with a spoiler but the SS doesn't. If you get the RS pkg with the SS do you get a spoiler?

Does anyone know what the base"heritage steel ralley wheel" looks like?

I've heard that the rear vents would be cut out on the SS, can anyone confirm this? I'm not sure we've seen a production SS yet, have we? I'm doubting this, but since someone on another board said it, thought I'd confirm.

Are there any high res pics that have been released by GM? I have all the one's they released on the concept and have blown them up so only a wheel can be seen on the screen at a time :D would like to do the same with the production version. You know, to compare. ;)

carsismeZ06 07-27-2008 09:09 AM

The SS already comes with the spoiler, so if you get an RS/SS you get the halo's and afterburners, but you don't get a spoiler because the SS already comes with one.

I don't know what the "Heritage Steel Rally Wheels" look like either, trying to find out.

I don't think that the vents will be cut out on any of the cars.

futureZ 07-27-2008 09:24 AM

"I've heard that the rear vents would be cut out on the SS, can anyone confirm this? I'm not sure we've seen a production SS yet, have we? I'm doubting this, but since someone on another board said it, thought I'd confirm."

It was stated in one of the chat sessions that the vents would not be cut out due to drag inefficiencies.

LadiesMan217 07-27-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro10 (Post 101318)
Sorry if these have been answered already, I couldn't possibly read EVERY threads posts, I'd get dizzy! So here are a few, Thanks!! :chevy:

A couple questions:
The RS pkg comes with a spoiler but the SS doesn't. If you get the RS pkg with the SS do you get a spoiler?

Does anyone know what the base"heritage steel ralley wheel" looks like?

I've heard that the rear vents would be cut out on the SS, can anyone confirm this? I'm not sure we've seen a production SS yet, have we? I'm doubting this, but since someone on another board said it, thought I'd confirm.

Are there any high res pics that have been released by GM? I have all the one's they released on the concept and have blown them up so only a wheel can be seen on the screen at a time :D would like to do the same with the production version. You know, to compare. ;)

I'd say those wheels would be similar to the Mustang 5-spokers they have. They kinda look old school. Kinda like this.

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com.../810-7965s.JPG

camaro10 07-27-2008 10:53 AM

I hope not Ladies Man, I'm hopeing for something more like Chevy's old school Ralley wheels. That would look really hot on the Camaro. Someone here even has a chop on his avatar with the new car with some old wheels. Looks really cool! Maybe some of you know who he is, his chop is black.:chevy:

camaro10 07-27-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 (Post 101329)
The SS already comes with the spoiler, so if you get an RS/SS you get the halo's and afterburners, but you don't get a spoiler because the SS already comes with one.

I don't know what the "Heritage Steel Rally Wheels" look like either, trying to find out.

I don't think that the vents will be cut out on any of the cars.

Ok, that's what I was thinking too, but someone on gminsidenews said they were so I was just confirming. I think it was Scott himself that said they wouldn't be cut out. :chevy: