Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   May go to a car show, silly question. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321233)

Ides of March 10-03-2013 09:24 AM

May go to a car show, silly question.

One of my wife's friends go to car shows all of the time, you sign your car in and leave the hood up type of thing. Now that I have my Camaro they said I should go to one. My question is this and if it is stupid I apologize. With the SS and Lz1 V8 models, would it be kind of stupid to go to a car show with the 2ls, V6. Or is it more of a check out the look of the car type of thing. My wife's friends are mopar heads, and her husband works and fixes cars which I do not. I was just wandering if it would be kind of stupid to do this, is it more of showing off the engine and who has more horsepower type of thing or is it to show off how beautiful the car is. I have only gone to local car shows to look really, my previous car was a honda accord lol.
And I am not by any means demeaning the camaro I have, or following the Just and LS thread, I just want to know if I do decide to go.

SNSSTR 10-03-2013 09:31 AM

Hey, if you think your car looks beautiful, go! It's a great experience regardless of whether you win anything or not. You're a car guy just as much as any of those other guys and gals out there. Partake in the fun and enjoy the experience!

vroomapunk 10-03-2013 09:32 AM

The bigger the show, the less you have to worry about how much power you have etc. I used to worry about the same thing when I had a V6.

But the truth is, usually, all are welcome. No matter the engine, some of the v8s there only put out 250hp anyway lol.

Either way, if you love your car, and its clean, bring it. Car shows are for car enthusiasts. Typically there isnt any discrimination.

Sure, we usually make fun of the guys who bring trucks, or a red 79 camaro with a blue door and duct tape on the fan shroud, but thats not you haha.

Kiteboarder85 10-03-2013 09:33 AM

People bring their 1LS's to car shows! Who cares, you enjoy your car and its still a Camaro. Just an FYI- its a ZL1 :)

Ides of March 10-03-2013 09:38 AM

LOL thanks guys. Yes my car is still clean, some fingerprints on the doors from my kids, my five year old likes the blue ray metallic and keeps wanting to touch the car. But other than that it's still pretty clean.
Ok that makes me feel better. These are just local shows at a restaurant or something like that. Nothing major. I'm definetely gonna like going more now that I have a Camaro rather than a 2001 Accord.

Ides of March 10-03-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiteboarder85 (Post 7059102)
People bring their 1LS's to car shows! Who cares, you enjoy your car and its still a Camaro. Just an FYI- its a ZL1 :)

Dammit!! I did that with the 2ls I was saying LS2. God I am such a newbie. Thanks for the heads up man.

SSMickey 10-03-2013 09:45 AM

Most are just an opportunity to hang out with like minded people. Go...you'll enjoy the experience and might even get some ideas on mods you want to do to your car. Shows are a great way to see what others have done to there cars.

Renee@SCP 10-03-2013 09:47 AM

I say go! Sure, most people go to show their cars off and win the awards but most importantly it should be about having fun.

Ides of March 10-03-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 7059145)
Most are just an opportunity to hang out with like minded people. Go...you'll enjoy the experience and might even get some ideas on mods you want to do to your car. Shows are a great way to see what others have done to there cars.

Yeah that's totally why I wanted to go, to see mods and talk to other Camaro owners. I am hoping there is a Camaro get together near me in Pa soon. So far I just want to add fog lights.

ABMLS3 10-03-2013 09:47 AM

Nothing's worse then bringing a honda civic to a cars how and around here that's what most of the show consist of. Bring your car!

Ides of March 10-03-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee@SCP (Post 7059148)
I say go! Sure, most people go to show their cars off and win the awards but most importantly it should be about having fun.

That's what I was hoping it would be like, you just never know.

Ides of March 10-03-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABMLS3 (Post 7059153)
Nothing's worse then bringing a honda civic to a cars how and around here that's what most of the show consist of. Bring your car!

Right! I had an 01 Accord, which had a headlight out I never got around to replacing "ashamed" But yeah it would be in the far parking lot away from the car show vehicles lol.

AztecCamaro 10-03-2013 09:58 AM

I take my 2LT to shows every once an a while. Had a good time! The V8 guys did harass me a bit though lol

Kiteboarder85 10-03-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ides of March (Post 7059126)
Dammit!! I did that with the 2ls I was saying LS2. God I am such a newbie. Thanks for the heads up man.

Haha, its all good. Rather correct you now while you're new than later and get the worse half of the members to bash on you :welcome: