Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   2012 Camaro Z28 HP Edition Production Begins Jan. 1, 2012! (Confirmed to dealers!) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124078)

radz28 01-13-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 2726769)
I understand that every aspect of the Camaro will be scrutinized very carefully by Team Camaro and GM. The Camaro is helping GM with their image and profitability. Every name change will be discussed at length for months. "Z28" is a very revered name not only among Chevy enthusiasts but also among car guys & gals everywhere, no matter what they drive. No matter what the final nameplate on the side of the car says, Z28 or Bat out of Hell, the car has a parking spot reserved for it in my garage, right next to the Vette. I hope they stay with the name Z28, I feel the car will be worthy to wear this very revered nameplate.

:word::word::word: I'm not fortunate enough to have a 'Vette, but there's a spot in mine, too! For everything it seems, IMO, this car is definately worth Z28 status, if that's the way it goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond Limits (Post 2726799)
Well for what it's worth all of the scrutiny has certainly paid off. One could easily argue that the 5th gen is one of, if not the nicest vehicle GM has ever manufactured, if not the nicest overall vehicle package available today.

Oh, and Cafe was much better when it referred to a small mom and pop restaurant rather than an irrational tree hugging misplaced ideal comprised of pixie sticks and fairy dust...

:word::word::word:

HEY!... I live amongst those bug eaters!!! They hated when I'd open the cutout and my LTs left a nice, straight shot for my LS1 to scream around the neighborhood. They didn't like the tiresmoke coming off the driveway either... :iono::D:headbang:

radz28 01-13-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 2726808)
:happyanim:

Way cool!! Now comes the hard part- resisting the urge to trade in! :laugh: :chevy:

You better work it out!!! You better not lose either of those cars!!! :bow::bow::bow:

DarthNacho08 01-13-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandotron (Post 2726724)

x15998945684535825

..........and :needpics:

shank0668 01-13-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthNacho08 (Post 2726830)
x15998945684535825

..........and :needpics:

x5345896546736034
This is exciting.....

toesuf94 01-13-2011 02:26 PM

Scott - thank you for letting as much of the cat's tail out of the bag as you can.

I did not think we were going to see a massive revision of the interior this soon after launch...Brightwork sounds nice though.

And whatever the new car is called, I am sure the Camaro community will embrace it.

radz28 01-13-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toesuf94 (Post 2726848)
Scott - thank you for letting as much of the cat's tail out of the bag as you can.

I did not think we were going to see a massive revision of the interior this soon after launch...Brightwork sounds nice though.

And whatever the new car is called, I am sure the Camaro community will embrace it.

Maybe brightwork is the ambient lighting... :D That'd be SWEET!!!

BoostedX2 01-13-2011 02:31 PM

Scott, I like very much the interior as is, but a little, tasteful brightwork would be cool, put the effort into increased performance. BTW I have a 1969 Z and I like how the new Camaro draws on it for interior cues...

stikSS 01-13-2011 02:32 PM

Color matched seat inlays, ABL in the dash, different color guages....etc... would all be nice!

Z_Rocks 01-13-2011 02:35 PM

That magnetic suspension is worth every penny to keep that car stabilized.

Too bad, there was no word on the blower size. Or maybe that's gonna be a surprise... :D

radz28 01-13-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 2726872)
Scott, I like very much the interior as is, but a little, tasteful brightwork would be cool, put the effort into increased performance. BTW I have a 1969 Z and I like how the new Camaro draws on it for interior cues...

+1! I, too, feel like this! I've ALWAYS wanted a '69 Z28, but too young to have gotten one (brand new, I mean) and always thought the 5th Gen is so much like it. I'd hate to see many of those cues they round-filed. But performance is what it is ALL about for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stikSS (Post 2726874)
Color matched seat inlays, ABL in the dash, different color guages....etc... would all be nice!

PERFECT! I really think we're going to see something along these lines, especially on the 45th Edition. It'd be nice to get some suede-type inserts for the seats, though, to grip the occupants, and just break-up the textures a little more. It'd be nice to get some customizable lighting, too, like the other car has.

But I always default to making sure the performance is there first.

JMVHO.

radz28 01-13-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks (Post 2726881)
That magnetic suspension is worth every penny to keep that car stabilized.

Too bad, there was no word on the blower size. Or maybe that's gonna be a surprise... :D

I haven't been in a car with the magnetic suspension, but the performance of CTS-V, Z06, and ZR1 definately show it works. Doesn't one of the Ferraris have that exact set-up, too?

Hopefully - we'll get a bigger SC and forged block (no Ti, but forged rods and pistons). I guess we'll just have to wait a little longer :D The sooner the better though :)

It looks like I own this thread, lol.

EnfuegoZ28 01-13-2011 02:42 PM

Time to make some room for my new Z!

camaro5 01-13-2011 02:44 PM

:happyanim:

shank0668 01-13-2011 02:44 PM

Will we get photos of this gray Z28 model?

ArkySS 01-13-2011 02:47 PM

Camaro Bat Out of Hell edition...I like it....

GEEo 01-13-2011 02:47 PM

awesome!!

stikSS 01-13-2011 02:53 PM

They didn't let us down with the 2010's and I'm sure they won't with the Z or HP Model... whatever its called!!...

Z4me 01-13-2011 02:54 PM

Wahoo very first post on the boards, I have been reading the forums for the past month or two. Kinda waiting in the wings and gaithering as much info as possible to make the best choice on my new camaro. Thxs to all the reading I delayed getting the new 2011 SS model, for the convertable, then after reading about the new Z28
I'm going to wait till then. I'll be able to save up more money by then and get the car I really wanted and a full warrenty as well. I can't say enough to the Chevy team about making these camaro's (all styles) with the quality and passion being shown. As hard as it's going to be to wait, i would rather it take longer and have a well made car then a poorly concieved vehicle that was rushed into production.
I'm hoping that we can see some upgrades for the people that can afford it. I know the majority of the people on the boards here would like a Z for under 50k, but personally I would like a range between 50k and 60k. This could be my last real car and my wife said to me after riding honda accords for 15 years and raising two kids through college go for it!
I already told my chevy dealer last week to put me down for one LOL, he said hugh?
There making a newer version camaro soon, I said yup.

Last real car was a grand national so I'm ready.
I need to be patient now!

PS: My wife thinks your all obsessed and nuts but, she said it with a smile on her face. She's a keeper :)

Milk 1027 01-13-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 2726634)
Ok.........

...........let us repeat in unison:

WHAT Z28???

The script said nothing about "Z28"............

What will it be called then? Only thing I can think of will be MFB Mother F----ing Badass. I don't think that'll go to well with the masses.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LOWDOWN (Post 2726767)
Will we see one "in the flesh" @ OCC in Oshawa in June?

I have a feeling we will be seeing them soon. At shows and stuff. A big announcement like this usually doesn't come out unless they are close to ready for show.

Good news for me is I might be able to get employee pricing by then. :D

Thorlius 01-13-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4me (Post 2726933)
Wahoo very first post on the boards, I have been reading the forums for the past month or two. Kinda waiting in the wings and gaithering as much info as possible to make the best choice on my new camaro. Thxs to all the reading I delayed getting the new 2011 SS model, for the convertable, then after reading about the new Z28
I'm going to wait till then. I'll be able to save up more money by then and get the car I really wanted and a full warrenty as well. I can't say enough to the Chevy team about making these camaro's (all styles) with the quality and passion being shown. As hard as it's going to be to wait, i would rather it take longer and have a well made car then a poorly concieved vehicle that was rushed into production.
I'm hoping that we can see some upgrades for the people that can afford it. I know the majority of the people on the boards here would like a Z for under 50k, but personally I would like a range between 50k and 60k. This could be my last real car and my wife said to me after riding honda accords for 15 years and raising two kids through college go for it!
I already told my chevy dealer last week to put me down for one LOL, he said hugh?
There making a newer version camaro soon, I said yup.

Last real car was a grand national so I'm ready.
I need to be patient now!

PS: My wife thinks your all obsessed and nuts but, she said it with a smile on her face. She's a keeper :)

Pretty much exactly this, minus the PS. :sm0:

I want the HUD I had in my GTP back, and I want one of the most bad-ass cars you could drive to go with it.

By the time it's ready for the market, I'll be ready for it.

MarkSS 01-13-2011 03:01 PM

Great news! Thanks to the Camaro team for their hard work. The only question is......

Are those the real headlights?:laugh::laugh:

shank0668 01-13-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSS (Post 2726958)
Great news! Thanks to the Camaro team for their hard work. The only question is......

Are those the real headlights?:laugh::laugh:

Haha, I was going to ask about the headlights.

thespymaster 01-13-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 2726941)
What will it be called then? Only thing I can think of will be MFB Mother F----ing Badass. I don't think that'll go to well with the masses.

I have a feeling we will be seeing them soon. At shows and stuff. A big announcement like this usually doesn't come out unless they are close to ready for show.

Good news for me is I might be able to get employee pricing by then. :D

I think it might show itself at the next months Chicago Auto Show :D

So when can my dealer (Becky) start taking orders for it?

Elykson 01-13-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespymaster (Post 2727013)
I think it might show itself at the next months Chicago Auto Show :D

So when can my dealer (Becky) start taking orders for it?

That would be sweet, since I'll be there. :thumbup: