Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Installed SLP Skip Shift today and its harder to engage certain gears WHY? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51136)

55Designs 11-07-2009 07:55 PM

Installed SLP Skip Shift today and its harder to engage certain gears WHY?

Just hit 500 miles on my SS today and installed the SLP Skip Shift just for the sake of doing it not like it bothered me much.

Well Reverse is freaking super hard to engage even at a dead stop. Second gear also is hard to engage you have to really push and force it in with clutch fully depressed. It wasnt like this yesterday Reverse was super easy to engage.

Is this a trade off or something or is my Tremec starting to give me signs of a defective box?

The more little aftermarket mods i have made all seem to amplify the cars flaws further which is starting to piss me off.

Can this just be my HURST shifter acting up? I really am tempted to switch to MGW I dont care how cool the white ball is or not.

antivenom 11-07-2009 08:57 PM

Sounds like you somehow disconnected the reverse solenoid or it stopped getting power. If that solenoid doesnt activate, reverse will be excessively hard to engage. Maybe you should go under and check all of your connections. You might just have something backwards or something.

IROCanSS 11-07-2009 10:01 PM

ok, did you connect the right connector? I did this mod today and my car works flawless. There are two connectors that look the same and will accept the jumper. One is obvious and easy to get to right to the rear of the tranny plugged in by the shif linkage. THIS IS NOT IT! This is the reverse selonoid sensor!

The plug for the skip shift is tucked WAY up on top of the tranny. You can barely see it, let alone get to it. I installed mine today while I had the tranny lowered putting in the hurst shifter. Better make sure you connected it to the right plug!

55Designs 11-08-2009 01:26 AM

Bingo the alignment shop plugged mine in today and the guy showed me how easy it was to get to so now it makes sense. SO if thats the case then he plugged into the wrong one.

What wire colors are on the ones I need? I saw some photos of white and gray wires then another with pink and another color.

Which set of wires?

I need to see who is open later to put on the lift and fix.

Alfieboy 11-08-2009 11:31 AM

un plug it & redo.. think you need to find the plug higher on the trans.. right by bottom of car..... search-there is threads & pics..it really isnt that hard....

IROCanSS 11-08-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55Designs (Post 1147409)
Bingo the alignment shop plugged mine in today and the guy showed me how easy it was to get to so now it makes sense. SO if thats the case then he plugged into the wrong one.

What wire colors are on the ones I need? I saw some photos of white and gray wires then another with pink and another color.

Which set of wires?

I need to see who is open later to put on the lift and fix.

I didnt get any pics when I did it but I had to do it blind. You really cant see it, its on top of the tranny. It was very easy with the tranny lowered to install the hurst. I can imagine it would be a PITA if it were not.

Camar0wn3d 11-09-2009 09:04 AM

I am willing to bet he put the eliminator on the reverse lockout solenoid connector and not the skip shift solenoid. Going into reverse should be just as easy as before if it's installed correctly.

SpohnPerformance 11-09-2009 09:42 AM

You have it in the reverse solenoid socket. The correct socket is on the driver's side towards the very top of the transmission.

IROCanSS 11-09-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer (Post 1150554)
I am willing to bet he put the eliminator on the reverse lockout solenoid connector and not the skip shift solenoid. Going into reverse should be just as easy as before if it's installed correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpohnPerformance (Post 1150656)
You have it in the reverse solenoid socket. The correct socket is on the driver's side towards the very top of the transmission.

Thanks guys but he already knows what the shop did wrong... I am just glad I consulted Camaro5 prior to my install or I would have done that too. The reverse selonoid is just so easy accessed that I would have just figured that was it too! :facepalm: