Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road Course/Track and Autocross (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway: You're Invited! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354011)

Mr. Wyndham 04-20-2014 04:20 PM

2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway: You're Invited!

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 619008

It's that time again...And if you can't make it to the Camaro5 Fest in Texas, this might be a good "other" opportunity for you to come hang out with some Camaro5 people for some good fun and racing!
WHEN: August 4th, 2014. 9am - 5pm

WHERE: Gingerman Raceway (61414 County Road 388, South Haven Charter Township, MI 49090)

WHO: All Experience Levels welcome! Novices encouraged!

HOW MUCH: $185 (+$50 for Instructors)

WHAT: This is a HPDE, a High Performance Driving Event. But it is also educational for the novice and experienced driver alike! Camaro5 is very excited to have partnered once again with CGI Motorsports to offer a race-day (⅔ reserved for Camaro drivers), where instructors are available, and you get as much track time as you can handle! Participants run for 20 minutes at a time, with a 40-minute rest/cool down time in between runs.

You must bring your own car, prep your own car, and understand that you will be pushing your vehicle past the performance and speed limits it reaches in day-to-day driving. Passing is allowed in certain ares of the track, depending on the class you are in. There will be a mandatory drivers meeting in the morning to explain all of this.

**Automotive Racing helmets are required**
Attachment 619009

INSTRUCTIONS:
Please read all of the following carefully

We have established a special rate with CGI, and reserved 25 spots for Camaro drivers. If demand exceeds this amount of drivers, we'll look into expanding it. Last year, we had about 20 people participated, and they had a blast. This year, we're looking to grow. :)

1) You'll need to register using CGI's website, which can be found here:
http://cgimotorsports.com/Home_Page.php

(Note the famous BeckyD's Bella Diabla ZL1 on the front page!)

2) Scroll to the lower left-hand side of the page and click on "Monday - August 4"

3) Locate the "choose one" Run Group selector, and choose the Group you feel most comfortable with: Novice, Intermediate, Advanced.

**PLEASE NOTE: It is better to choose low if you're unsure, and "graduate" during the day. If you choose "Advanced", for instance, and you fail to demonstrate ability - you will be asked to drive with one of the less experienced Run Groups. Likewise, if you feel you can run with a more advanced group, accommodations may be made. This is not a competition, and there is no peer-pressure to "show off". Drive safe. Most Camaro participants will likely be running in the Novice Group, anyways.

4) Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select whether or not you would like an instructor to be available to you. Instructors will cost an additional $50 for Intermediate and Advanced participants, the cost is INCLUDED with the Novice Run Group Price.

**Please note: Instructors are REQUIRED for Novice drivers. These experienced drivers will coach, guide, and teach you new ways to approach a racetrack with your personal vehicle. They can drive if you prefer, or ride throughout the day. Take advantage of the expertise they provide to improve your performance driving skills!

5) Click "Add to Cart", and Register (If new to CGI) or Log In (If returning from last year)

6) Select that you will be driving at the event, and click "save and continue". Enter your vehicle's information...

7) When you are on the page where you must enter your credit card information, make sure you input the "CAMARO5" Promotional Code in the bottom of the page to ensure you receive Camaro5 pricing, and get included in our reservation count.

If there are any questions, feel free to post them below or PM me - and I would be happy to help in whatever way I can.

Happy Racing, and We'll see you there on the 4th!

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU'VE REGISTERED SO I CAN KEEP A LIST OF ATTENDEES & THEIR CARS IN THE NEXT POST. :headbang: :headbang:

Mr. Wyndham 04-20-2014 04:32 PM

HOTEL INFORMATION

CGI Motorsports has a special rate established with the Holiday Inn Express in South Haven, MI.

Holiday Inn, South Haven

The rate is $64.95 (vs $109.xx), and good for the Sunday-Monday overnight reservation from the 3rd to the 4th. There are limited rooms held in this special rate block, so if you are coming...reserve now to save $40 bucks! (that's over half a tank of gas! :laugh:). Your options are a room with a single King Bed, or Double Queen.

You need to specify when you're reserving, that you would like the special rate for CGI Motorsports drivers. Beware that they may have run out of special-rate rooms when you call.

**There are other hotels in the area, if you prefer
**There are FOUR gas stations located within a mile of this hotel cluster.
**Gingerman Raceway is approximately 5 miles away (A good warm-up for the cars before race-day)

I'll be there Sunday Evening...hope to see you there

Mr. Wyndham 04-20-2014 05:21 PM

REGISTRANTS:

1) Mr. Wyndham - 2014 SS/1LE
2) SVThis - 2013 SS/1LE
3) Camaro_Corvette - 2013 SS/1LE
4) hcsi99 2014 SS/1LE
5) BeckyD @ Rodgers Chevrolet -
6) RJT2SSRS - 2010 SS/RS
7) TLSTWIN - SS/RS
8) Marticus24 - 2005 GTO
9) E. Bryant - 2012 ZL1
10) Russell James - 2012 SS
11)
12)
13)

SVThis 04-20-2014 06:24 PM

OK I'm in. I just registered and paid under SVThis, 2013 Camaro SS 1LE, intermediate group. It had better not rain :)

Mr. Wyndham 04-20-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVThis (Post 7597235)
OK I'm in. I just registered and paid under SVThis, 2013 Camaro SS 1LE, intermediate group. It had better not rain :)

Awesome!! First one in!

camaro2lt 04-20-2014 10:41 PM

If only I can convince my dad to let me do this.......

Mr. Wyndham 04-21-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 7597946)
If only I can convince my dad to let me do this.......

It's educational? :)

Seriously, though...if you sign up as a novice...the intensity on-track is generally less, and the instructor works with you at your own pace to help improve your driving skill.

It's not a competition, and there are safety rules in place throughout the entire day to try and prevent collisions, such as limits on passing...and flagging aggressive drivers off the track. Pauses for debris, re-inspections every time to skid into grass...

And, Gingerman is generally a very forgiving track. It's very flat, and there's lots of grassy areas to run off. Versus, say, Virginia International Raceway, where there's a lot of 6-ft dirt berms and walls to run into...

Your Dad is very welcome to come with you, if you like! He can't ride in the car, but there is no charge for guests of drivers spectating.

Mr. Wyndham 04-21-2014 11:11 AM

OH!

And I forgot to mention: Convertibles are welcome - but either you must have a factory roll bar...(doesn't exist), a CGI-inspected, and approved roll bar....or drive with the top up.

Camaro_Corvette 04-21-2014 11:48 AM

Looks like I need to get a helmet. :headbang: I'll put in for the time off work!

Norm Peterson 04-21-2014 11:59 AM

Do you have any guidance as far as what CGI might accept as sufficient evidence to run in their intermediate group? Would they still want you to go through a check session with one of their instructors as well? (Not that having an instructor sit right seat the first session or two on a new track should be unwelcome at any HPDE level.)

Norm

Zeus95 04-21-2014 12:21 PM

Awesome ! I will let Duff / Stingray Garage & Halo know we are coming back to Gingerman ! Gotta check a few things ! Hopefully we will be there !

Mr. Wyndham 04-21-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 7598934)
Looks like I need to get a helmet. :headbang: I'll put in for the time off work!

Yes, you do. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 7598960)
Do you have any guidance as far as what CGI might accept as sufficient evidence to run in their intermediate group? Would they still want you to go through a check session with one of their instructors as well? (Not that having an instructor sit right seat the first session or two on a new track should be unwelcome at any HPDE level.)

Norm

I will check into it. That's a good, specific, question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus95 (Post 7599020)
Awesome ! I will let Duff / Stingray Garage & Halo know we are coming back to Gingerman ! Gotta check a few things ! Hopefully we will be there !

I hope you will, too!

Mr. Wyndham 04-21-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 7598960)

Norm

Norm,

From Phil of CGI:

An intermediate driver will have previous road course experience and be able to share the track
with intermediate level drivers [quicker pace, potentially more passing]. CGI will accept your evaluation
of your driving skills in this regard. It becomes readily obvious if you're misplaced. Your safety and
level of enjoyment is dependent upon an accurate choice of run group.

plumber84 04-21-2014 07:42 PM

I'd love to go, if only it were in NJ, NY or CT :biggrin: