Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   UFC 111: St. Pierre vs. Hardy (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70312)

Iwantone2 03-17-2010 11:56 AM

Why can't the 27th be this week?!?!?

slicker 03-17-2010 04:30 PM

Branden Vera, gabrial gonzaga, and chech Congo are all fighting live on verses on the 21st. Ant that's three good fights to hold us off till the 27th. It shoud be a good night of fights.

Iwantone2 03-17-2010 05:53 PM

:cry:

Unfortunately...dumb Time Warner Cable doesn't give us Versus for free...

My g/f, however, has AT&T U-Verse...and she does get Versus!!!

:evil:

slicker 03-18-2010 08:55 AM

So I guess your going to your g/f place to watch the fight. It should be good. And then one week and GSP. Yaaaaaaahooooo

Iwantone2 03-18-2010 09:16 AM

Nope...I'm going to my g/f's house to...hang out with her...yes, that's what I'll say ;)

slicker 03-18-2010 06:40 PM

cool i hope you can watch the fight i think jones will beat vera and jones is the underdog.

streetshark 03-18-2010 07:19 PM

Jones all the way. Scary talented at 21 and only getting better.

Jay_LHD3 03-18-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicker (Post 1602344)
Branden Vera, gabrial gonzaga, and chech Congo are all fighting live on verses on the 21st. Ant that's three good fights to hold us off till the 27th. It shoud be a good night of fights.

+1

DVR set to catch the fights on Versus! Buentello vs Kongo fight should be interesting due to they are both strikers. Looking at their stats they both win by strikes and lose by submissions. I've seen Kongo fight a couple of times and he had no ground game. Maybe that has changed. I can't recall if I've seen a Buentello fight before.

:thumbsup:

Iwantone2 03-19-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicker (Post 1607620)
cool i hope you can watch the fight i think jones will beat vera and jones is the underdog.

I'll keep my fingers crossed...Isn't Jones the dude that gave the illegal elbows to Matt Hammil back in December? :D I loved the look on his face when they announced his disqualification. :evil:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfaber99 (Post 1608180)
+1

DVR set to catch the fights on Versus! Buentello vs Kongo fight should be interesting due to they are both strikers. Looking at their stats they both win by strikes and lose by submissions. I've seen Kongo fight a couple of times and he had no ground game. Maybe that has changed. I can't recall if I've seen a Buentello fight before.

:thumbsup:

I've seen him fight once before against some tall skinny dude...can't remember his name. They both looked gassed at the end of the fight but they were both throwing blows back and forth. Yea, Kongo has no ground game whatsoever but his striking is pretty good. I hope they both just stand there and throw bombs!

slicker 03-19-2010 10:29 PM

stefen struve is the tall skinny guy and Buentello lost that fight mojoyity decision. Buentello is a very hard puncher. kongo vs Buentello good match up this one not going to the ground and both very hard punchers if i were to pick a win, i would lean more towards kongo i think he hits harder and a little more explosive if he rocks Buentello he will stay on him.

slicker 03-21-2010 10:10 PM

well not a bad night of fights. kongo manhandeled Buentello, i was a little surprized that kongo kept bring Buentello to the ground, i think he was trying to ground and pound him but he pulled it off. Buentello taped due to strikes. wow jones visious elbow to the timple area cause the win. weird night in the fights strange win and illegal knees wtf. well GSP will be ready for hardy.

Jay_LHD3 03-21-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicker (Post 1618697)
well not a bad night of fights. kongo manhandeled Buentello, i was a little surprized that kongo kept bring Buentello to the ground, i think he was trying to ground and pound him but he pulled it off. Buentello taped due to strikes. wow jones visious elbow to the timple area cause the win. weird night in the fights strange win and illegal knees wtf. well GSP will be ready for hardy.

Agreed! I give fight of the night to Howard for his knock out punch. (Not the two additional punches afterwards! LOL)

:D

Iwantone2 03-22-2010 10:16 AM

I was only able to catch the last fight :facepalm: I'll have to watch the fight videos later on today. I'd now like to see Jones fight someone like Evans or even Thiago Silva, since both of those guys are vicious strikers.

Illegal knees?!?!? Dangit!!

Oh, and thanks guys! We've made this the longest UFC thread so far!!! :thumbup:

slicker 03-22-2010 09:50 PM

but the real fighting night comes march 26 then another one on april 10 in fact two title belts on the line that should be good as-well yahooo