Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Motorsports Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Anyone here watch Grand Am? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130483)

deb 02-20-2011 09:11 AM

Anyone here watch Grand Am?

The three Camaros entered didn't have any luck at Daytona. There were no Corvettes this year.

Robbreptile 02-21-2011 07:43 PM

Grand Am

I watch it but mostly for the GT division. I was at this years Rolex 24 at Daytona. The Camaro's ran strong but little correctable problems prevented them from winning. The Banner Camaro was running good but was the innocent victim of another car spinning out and collecting it. The Auto Sport Camaro didn't have the speed but proved durable and the Stevenson Camaro was flat out fast but a low fuel pressure problem resulted in them going to the garage and I think they changed a fuel cell and went many laps down. Hopefully next year the bugs will be worked out. Speed wise Banner Racing and Stevenson have that part down. I posted some racing pics event not to long ago.

bkwagonss 03-04-2011 06:27 AM

Grand Am race this weekend 3/5 12:00 on Speed.
Grand Prix of Miami, Rolex Series
The Continential Tire Series race from this weekend should be aired next weekend.
Wish they'd show both races live.

We've been following the Grand Am series since the Camaro started racing.
We even got season passes to NJ Motorsports Park this year.
Gonna check out some of the other types of racing too, including some vintage races.

"prima"Donna 03-04-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkwagonss (Post 2915793)
Grand Am race this weekend 3/5 12:00 on Speed.
Grand Prix of Miami, Rolex Series
The Continential Tire Series race from this weekend should be aired next weekend.
Wish they'd show both races live.

We've been following the Grand Am series since the Camaro started racing.
We even got season passes to NJ Motorsports Park this year.
Gonna check out some of the other types of racing too, including some vintage races.

:word:

Actually, the Continental Race airs on Sat. 3/19....you can 'watch' the LIVE feed on grand-am.com tomorrow after the LIVE Rolex race that airs at noon...

I became a HUGE Grand-Am fan last year, thanks to Jeff Bucknum's friendship, and the Camaros returning to the series!!!

RRrumbLE 03-10-2011 01:36 AM

I never miss a race! There's even a Mustang to beat up on in the GT Class this year. But I really wanna beat that GS Class Roush Mustang.

:stang:

Hi Donna! :wave: It's that time of year again! :chevy: I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys live at Road America in June.

BackinBlackSS/RS 05-08-2011 08:48 PM

I love Grand Am racing. :headbang:

comm54 05-14-2011 08:37 PM

Camaro 1st and 2nd!!! :headbang:

"prima"Donna 05-14-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comm54 (Post 3220434)
Camaro 1st and 2nd!!! :headbang:

Oh Yeah!!! :burnrubber: :burnrubber:

CoreyJay1977 05-15-2011 06:07 PM

Was at VIR and the races yesterday. Eight Camaros drove up from Jacksonville, NC and one from Fayetteville, NC to support the Stevenson Motorsports Camaros. Had on the the Grand-AM GS series Camaro teams move the race cars to the parking lot and took pictures of their race cars with all of our street cars. Who'd be interested in making next year's VIR event a large Camaro one as well?

"prima"Donna 05-15-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyJay1977 (Post 3223223)
Was at VIR and the races yesterday. Eight Camaros drove up from Jacksonville, NC and one from Fayetteville, NC to support the Stevenson Motorsports Camaros. Had on the the Grand-AM GS series Camaro teams move the race cars to the parking lot and took pictures of their race cars with all of our street cars. Who'd be interested in making next year's VIR event a large Camaro one as well?

I wish!!!...who knows, maybe that's a good idea...love the Camaros in Grand-Am!!!

PfadtRacing 05-19-2011 12:35 PM

We watch Grand Am! We are involved with 3 of the Camaro teams so we like to show our support. Grand Am is awesome! Great job by Bill Lester and Jordan Taylor for the win this past week!

-Blair

MaximoSS 05-21-2011 12:29 AM

Grand Am is the best racing on TV today.

I think i've watched the last Continental Challenge race @ Birmingham 3 times!

SSBUSDRVR 05-21-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Grand Am is the best racing on TV today.
:word:
Sometimes I wish it was more mainstream in the public eye and then reality check and love that it is not. Other racing has gotten so commercialized filled with so much BS. Showcasing tech/gimmicks more than racing itself at times. Now that the Camaro's have reached the top, GrandAm is even that much better!:clap::chevy: