Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Battery Cable Issue? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21490)

Scott@Bjorn3D 05-05-2009 09:37 PM

Battery Cable Issue?

UPDATE: OFFICIAL RECALL -- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21543

Ok this was posted in my thread about my dent from one of our readers:

"Scott, #268 was delivered to the dealership in Wetumpka, AL. yesterday AND it also has a dent in the passenger door. As your car is #230, all the extra time for special handling only got you a dent.

But just to prove that things could be worse, GM advised/instructed the dealership not allow #268 to be driven (actual words were "do not start the engine") until the battery cable 'fix' is completed. Additional insulation is to be applied to the battery cable at the starter, and the kit should be available in a few days. Please do not allow this information to hijack Scott's thread."

So what the heck is the deal, should #230 go back to the dealer tommorrow after getting out of the body shop and sit?

fireresq157 05-05-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D (Post 460888)
Ok this was posted in my thread about my dent from one of our readers:

"Scott, #268 was delivered to the dealership in Wetumpka, AL. yesterday AND it also has a dent in the passenger door. As your car is #230, all the extra time for special handling only got you a dent.

But just to prove that things could be worse, GM advised/instructed the dealership not allow #268 to be driven (actual words were "do not start the engine") until the battery cable 'fix' is completed. Additional insulation is to be applied to the battery cable at the starter, and the kit should be available in a few days. Please do not allow this information to hijack Scott's thread."

So what the heck is the deal, should #230 go back to the dealer tommorrow after getting out of the body shop and sit?

Did you get a new door or did they just patch up the old one? It will probably sit till the cable arrives.

cam2fst4u 05-05-2009 09:54 PM

man that sucks....You should be out enjoying your camaro instead of wondering whats goin to happen next... hopefully all the bugs are going to be worked out and you wont have to worry about it anymore

UCF w00t 05-05-2009 09:58 PM

Wow. I guess the issue that Bumbleb found the hard way affects all the cars.

NVMY68SS 05-05-2009 10:00 PM

Current known issues:

BCM reflash
Power steering pump replacements
Door panel fitment issues
Battery cable routing issues
Wiring harness replacement
Broken/busted mirrors
Dented doors
Scratched fenders

jeffny09 05-05-2009 10:14 PM

dammmm

2SSRS@Gen5diy 05-05-2009 10:15 PM

This is going to be a fun time, That is why i am going to trailer the Car home and see how to fix the Battery cable routing issues and see if more needs to be Fixed.

King Mouse 05-05-2009 10:25 PM

I don't think you all realize how minor this is and that it is going to be fixed. I build motorcycles for fun and whenever you come up with a new design you are bound to run into a few problems. I cannot imagine the engineering hurdles and government red tape that are dealt with in creating a mass produced vehicle. Give them a chance to fix it.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 05-05-2009 10:43 PM

I do the same for fun i build H.D. and cars, I know that it will get fixed in time but Scott & Stephanie car where Made on day 2 so now that its been 45+ days long do you think that GM needs more time.

"Additional insulation is to be applied to the battery cable at the starter, and the kit should be available in a few days" Yes And in a day or two GM Will be in chapter 11.

Black5thgen 05-05-2009 11:32 PM

My cars is at the dealer right now for the insulation. Could be done as early as tomorrow or as late as monday. GM will not file chap. 11 till June, 1 if at all.

PQ 05-06-2009 12:53 AM

I'll have to get underneath and check the cable when mine gets here.

Haloman1346 05-06-2009 01:39 AM

Got pics of the damage?

lordfriday2 05-06-2009 01:58 AM

man, my number 590 supposodly was finally released toward las vegas on the 28th.. though this is the 3rd time i've been told that... hopefully they have fixed all the issues, i will definatly give it a look when i get it...

2010SSRSM6 05-06-2009 02:50 AM

This release is off to a bumpy start. :paddle: