Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   stay away from Granatelli Motor Sports ! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296005)

JoeyB 05-17-2013 02:35 AM

SRT10KLLR 05-17-2013 04:48 AM

Sorry to hear about this you were doing pretty good with the blower setup.

Juice2SS 05-17-2013 10:11 AM

I don't buy Granatelli products just from a Google search I did years ago.

Bad70supreme 05-17-2013 08:10 PM

Sorry to hear that man! I cant even have my tires swapped on my car without having a break down! I dont find it easy to trust people with my car, its not theres and they dont care for it like you would! A good shop with people you can trust is hard to find! Find a new shop to fix your girl right, and sue there a$$ off!!!

SSE 4 2SS 05-24-2013 09:06 PM

I wouldn't buy a life jacket from the guy if I was drowning...

I made my mistake shortly after buying the Camaro. My first set of turbos lasted one week... Then I had to buy the replacements.... at his pricing... He told me, and I quote..."they are 1600 a piece, so 3600 for two of them," WTF... he told me this in front of lots of people at the Phoenix Fest, and then he almost got his backside handed to him when my wife, who never missed a beat asked him if he would take a check, and he stated "No, I prefer plastic,"

I had just spent thousands of dollars with this POS and he throws that out... I was ready to mess him up... The only reason it didn't happen was I was a thousand miles from home with broke car...

He tried to make amends by throwing on a set of "0" ohm wires at the Fest in Phoenix. Wrong... My builder and I took them apart when I got home and they are cheap generic wires from AutoZone that he puts a fancy cover on. He buys the crap in bulk and makes a killing on it... We put the factory wires back on...

mikeyg36 05-24-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 6585870)
I wouldn't buy a life jacket from the guy if I was drowning...

I made my mistake shortly after buying the Camaro. My first set of turbos lasted one week... Then I had to buy the replacements.... at his pricing... He told me, and I quote..."they are 1600 a piece, so 3600 for two of them," WTF... he told me this in front of lots of people at the Phoenix Fest, and then he almost got his backside handed to him when my wife, who never missed a beat asked him if he would take a check, and he stated "No, I prefer plastic,"

I had just spent thousands of dollars with this POS and he throws that out... I was ready to mess him up... The only reason it didn't happen was I was a thousand miles from home with broke car...

He tried to make amends by throwing on a set of "0" ohm wires at the Fest in Phoenix. Wrong... My builder and I took them apart when I got home and they are cheap generic wires from AutoZone that he puts a fancy cover on. He buys the crap in bulk and makes a killing on it... We put the factory wires back on...

Wow what a tool. :facepalm:

Supermaro585HP 05-24-2013 10:43 PM

Are you saying Granatelli parts are bad???

mikepage0007 05-24-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP (Post 6586283)
Are you saying Granatelli parts are bad???

i think what he is saying is that the chinese/taiwan parts that granatelli labels as is own , are garbage..that was what i picked up from the posting..:noidea:

SSE 4 2SS 05-25-2013 03:36 PM

J.R. likes to buy crap knockoff parts from questionable suppliers and re-label them as his own high performance parts... He's great with service, help and information right up until he has your credit card info...

He informed me at the Phoenix Fest he needed my used turbos for his display motor but that he would ship them in for warranty work as soon as he got back to his shop.... I'll give him credit, he did that, but shipped them in his name to be returned to him after they were rebuilt... They were my turbos, bought and paid for... so some time later he calls me and tells me he credited my acct with XX monies which was substantially less than he charged me for them originally and certainly less than he charged me for the second pair... He turned around and sold my turbos to some poor schlep that didn't know any better, and you can bet he sold them as new...

As mentioned before, I wouldn't buy a life jacket from him if I was drowning... Something he hasn't known until now, since I know he'll read this, is I have talked at least ten members out of buying his kit and going with any of a number of the competitors... All ALL remnants of his crap is off the car... It's a shame he and his customer service and commitment to quality suck.... The original kit was a decent design and would have been great with a couple of refinements... but nope, J.R. would rather screw someone and move on to other pastures than build a solid loyal client base...

He is a silver spoon born tool making money off of his families name... and screwing the world one customer or ten at a time...

mikepage0007 05-25-2013 03:39 PM

cmon, tell us how u really feel..lol

caper 05-25-2013 07:36 PM

good to know!!! you know the more I read about other turbo companies and issues, the more Im happy I went with turbonetics . now if I could just get it installed! ugh....

SSE 4 2SS 05-25-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepage0007 (Post 6588257)
cmon, tell us how u really feel..lol

I'm not allowed to use that language or make those physical threats around here....

mikeyg36 05-25-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 6589341)
I'm not allowed to use that language or make those physical threats around here....

:bellyroll:

Blue17CamaroZL1 05-26-2013 12:27 AM

So I guess I shouldn't order the granatelli steel brake lines and rotors, even though summit tracing.com?