Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pricing - My Story (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8079)

paulv7260 10-13-2008 10:00 AM

Pricing - My Story

I went to the dealer (Koons Chevrolet in Northern Virginia) yesterday to order my Camaro but was told to comeback today. Today, after an hour or so to figure out what was going on they told me to get the first Camaro on their schedule I wold have to pay $25,000.00 over MSRP. That's not a typo.

I understand that maybe there are some real die-hards out there that might go for that but I'm just an average Joe. I explained to the dealer that there was a misunderstanding and all I wanted was to order the car. I did not have to have the first one delivered. In that case they said I could have a car for $5,000 over MSRP and I nearly fell out of my chair recalling some of the comments on this forum about reasonable prices, i.e anywhere near MSRP.

Am I annoyed? Absolutely. I told the sales person that for that much I would buy the car from any other state in the union and drive it back to Virginia if the deal was fair all the way around.

Maybe I am being naive about all of this. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic as I've never pre-ordered a car before. Did I walk into a buzzsaw here?

I still love everything about the 2010 Camaro and I envy those that have a decent change of getting one (but get the SS package!!).

Paul

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 10:02 AM

just find another dealer, you will find one that will work with you.

BitchinCamaro 10-13-2008 10:06 AM

Like Pink said... go to another dealer. Of the ones I went to, 2 told me for sure there would be a mark up, 2 told me they would try to get MSRP but couldn't guarantee it, and 1 (that got my order) put MSRP in writing.

The_Blur 10-13-2008 10:09 AM

That's ridiculous. Find another dealer or wait for the price to go down. Most dealers aren't like that.

Txturbo 10-13-2008 10:20 AM

I just ordered mine for MSRP. They are out there.

fastfret7 10-13-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulv7260 (Post 155332)
I went to the dealer (Koons Chevrolet in Northern Virginia) yesterday to order my Camaro but was told to comeback today. Today, after an hour or so to figure out what was going on they told me to get the first Camaro on their schedule I wold have to pay $25,000.00 over MSRP. That's not a typo.

I understand that maybe there are some real die-hards out there that might go for that but I'm just an average Joe. I explained to the dealer that there was a misunderstanding and all I wanted was to order the car. I did not have to have the first one delivered. In that case they said I could have a car for $5,000 over MSRP and I nearly fell out of my chair recalling some of the comments on this forum about reasonable prices, i.e anywhere near MSRP.

Am I annoyed? Absolutely. I told the sales person that for that much I would buy the car from any other state in the union and drive it back to Virginia if the deal was fair all the way around.

Maybe I am being naive about all of this. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic as I've never pre-ordered a car before. Did I walk into a buzzsaw here?

I still love everything about the 2010 Camaro and I envy those that have a decent change of getting one (but get the SS package!!).

Paul

Ha!!! the same thing just happened to me in Leesburg,VA
Read my thread "Mad as Hell"

Stig 10-13-2008 10:30 AM

Personally, I am waiting until a few months after release, when I can pick up one for MSRP or LESS.

I have actually never paid MSRP for any car I own, and hopefully never will. Internet buying FTW!!!

Any dealer that wont take a straight order when he is still making profit with no work to him is just stuipd.

CamaroSpike23 10-13-2008 10:35 AM

everyone needs to keep in mind that this car isnt going to be on every dealership lot right off the bat. and there are people who will want the very first ones allocated to their location and are willing to pay for them.

everyone needs to go thru the MSRP or below dealer thread and find a dealer close to them.

Captain Awesome 10-13-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Paul

Your dealer is a "Grade A Douchebag". Be sure and tell all your firends how wonderfully they treated you. If you read the stories here you will see that plenty of people are ordering with ZERO dealer markup. Why should you pay about 100% markup on something others get at cost.

What a Jerk your dealer is. I hope you laughed in his face.

Jamestwilliams 10-13-2008 11:21 AM

What the hell did that retard think he's so special he gets to sell serial number 1 that's the only way to justify that kind of dumb a$$ markup. Whoever agrees to pay that markup obviously has way more money than brains, and doesn't deserve the car at all.

racedad70 10-13-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Paul

Heritage Chevrolet in Chester, Va. at MSRP. They have been very fair with me.

paulv7260 10-13-2008 12:30 PM

Thank you all for the encouragement. In fact I did find another local dealer (Rosenthal Chevrolet in Arlington, Virginia) that dealt with me very fairly. The GM quoted MSRP (before options) so I got to order my 2SS after all.

You advice to shop-around was taken and well received!!

Paul

Crowley 10-13-2008 12:35 PM

First dealer for me said .. well based on demand .. a bit over MSRP .. 2nd dealer was like .. MSRP and no more ... they will have my business ..

Crowley

Crowley 10-13-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley (Post 156146)
First dealer for me said .. well based on demand .. a bit over MSRP .. 2nd dealer was like .. MSRP and no more ... they will have my business ..

Crowley

Scratch that .. 2nd dealer just got back with me and said .. sorry my mistake, we are going to sell at market value ... I can't tell you what that will be until the cars are here .. LOL .. I guess on to the next dealer ..

Crowley