Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   JRE ROUGH IDLE BLOWER CAM NEW IN BOX (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283625)

Bad Dad 03-18-2013 07:26 PM

JRE ROUGH IDLE BLOWER CAM NEW IN BOX

3 Attachment(s)
JRE ROUGH IDLE BLOWER CAM NEW IN BOX, CAM, PUSHRODS, DUAL SPRINGS, ROCKER ARM MOD TO DLETE NEEDLE BEARINGS LS3 $875.

yotaman96 03-18-2013 09:18 PM

Nice parts. I'm guessing JRE would rather you not make the cam specs public.

Chris G 03-18-2013 09:28 PM

Why don't you install it. I have one and love it

Infern0 03-18-2013 09:43 PM

:popcorn:

Bad Dad 03-19-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotaman96 (Post 6303145)
Nice parts. I'm guessing JRE would rather you not make the cam specs public.

Been out there for a long time.

Bad Dad 03-19-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris G (Post 6303203)
Why don't you install it. I have one and love it

was for a 2nd build but sold the motor going big n/a motor next:thumb:

214Chevelle 03-19-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotaman96 (Post 6303145)
... I'm guessing JRE would rather you not make the cam specs public.

If I was trying to make a sale and recoup some of my money, I would care less what JRE thinks. I'm just saying. LOL!! I doubt if someone else copied these specs for a cam, JRE would lose millions. :gossip:

Bad Dad 03-19-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 214Chevelle (Post 6304295)
If I was trying to make a sale and recoup some of my money, I would care less what JRE thinks. I'm just saying. LOL!! I doubt if someone else copied these specs for a cam, JRE would lose millions. :gossip:

Exactly:clap2:

The 2010 Sin 03-19-2013 02:07 PM

Nice spec post! Always wondered what they were spec'd at! hehe :-)

simon.w 03-19-2013 05:58 PM

Got a feeling he's changed / evolved his grind spec since then anyway ... its dated 06/23/11.

Bad Dad 03-19-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon.w (Post 6306784)
Got a feeling he's changed / evolved his grind spec since then anyway ... its dated 06/23/11.

Its 3* off 4 other spec cams research baby:laughabove: by the way simon nice car

MileMAN402 03-19-2013 10:59 PM

Hmm didn't know there was a kit to delete the needle bearings now. I had mine wear funny and go everywhere in the top of the head. Anyways GLWS, this is a great cam!

DarkCry956 03-20-2013 08:02 AM

I made 463 RWHP with the same cam on an auto with stock heads

Htnjac 03-20-2013 10:54 AM

Is this the entire JRE kit?

Bad Dad 03-20-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Htnjac (Post 6309706)
Is this the entire JRE kit?

YES you will need the 3 bolt sprocket Many suppliers have it LPE etc

Infern0 03-22-2013 08:16 PM

He won't let you return it?

Everything is NIB?

JRE LS3 Rough Idle Hot Street Blower Cam Package
This package includes:

JRE Custom Ground 3 Bolt Camshaft
Valve Springs
Spring Seats
Valve Seals
Locks
Retainers
LS Trunion Upgrade
Crankbolt
Cam Sprocket Bolt
Timing Cover Gasket
Front Crank Seal
Camshaft Timing Chain Gear
Hardened Pushrods

Htnjac 03-22-2013 10:36 PM

Hey I got an L99, thinking about doing the ls3 conversion. Will i need an aftermarket torque converter? How's the drivable of the cam?

MANNYS2SS/RS 03-24-2013 07:14 PM

Bump for a great seller. :thumb:

Oxtar41 03-24-2013 09:27 PM

It's common practice not to give out specs of someone else's cam. Give the man a little respect and at least remove the specs picture guy...

infernometallicSS 03-25-2013 12:38 PM

What's the big secret. If the competitors just need to buy a cam to get the specs, I'm sure it's already been done. Social security numbers can be bought online, what would make someone think that cam specs are secret. Lol. Good luck with the sale man.

214Chevelle 03-25-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infernometallicSS (Post 6331671)
What's the big secret. If the competitors just need to buy a cam to get the specs, I'm sure it's already been done. Social security numbers can be bought online, what would make someone think that cam specs are secret. Lol. Good luck with the sale man.

Hahahaha...so true. Guys are making it seem like the cam specs have been highly sought after by thousands and now the cryptic code has finally been broken or leaked out. :gossip: Uh ohh, JRE is in trouble!! Their cam specs are out and they'll never, ever, ever be able to sell another single one because some other producer of cams has been waiting to get his hands on these specs to undercut them.

Oxtar41 03-25-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 214Chevelle (Post 6332714)
Hahahaha...so true. Guys are making it seem like the cam specs have been highly sought after by thousands and now the cryptic code has finally been broken or leaked out. :gossip: Uh ohh, JRE is in trouble!! Their cam specs are out and they'll never, ever, ever be able to sell another single one because some other producer of cams has been waiting to get his hands on these specs to undercut them.

It's not that. It's out of respect for Ted because he ask's that they are not to be givin out. I'm 24 years old and have more respect then you guys. He worked hard to devlope a product that works and doesn't want it passed around what's so hard to understand. It may not be a big deal to you but maybe it is to him? And its just not JRE I'm sure a lot of companies don't want something they worked hard on to be tossed around. It's just common courtesy, don't be a D-bag.

infernometallicSS 03-25-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxtar41 (Post 6333679)
It's not that. It's out of respect for Ted because he ask's that they are not to be givin out. I'm 24 years old and have more respect then you guys. He worked hard to devlope a product that works and doesn't want it passed around what's so hard to understand. It may not be a big deal to you but maybe it is to him? And its just not JRE I'm sure a lot of companies don't want something they worked hard on to be tossed around. It's just common courtesy, don't be a D-bag.

Exactly the reason my car has a cam which I knew the specs on prior to buying it. If I can't know the numbers of something I might want to put in my car than I'm not doing it.
There is nothing hard to understand. You proved your point, I'm proving mine. I'm not disrespecting anyone nor did I post the pictures, nor did 214chevelle. So step off your high horse and watch who you call a "d-bag".
Anyways I'm sure the OP has enough BUMPS for the day. His thread should be right up top. Since we are talking about respect... If you would like to continue this conversation we should do so via private message. Out of respect for the OP.

Oxtar41 03-26-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infernometallicSS (Post 6334371)
Exactly the reason my car has a cam which I knew the specs on prior to buying it. If I can't know the numbers of something I might want to put in my car than I'm not doing it.
There is nothing hard to understand. You proved your point, I'm proving mine. I'm not disrespecting anyone nor did I post the pictures, nor did 214chevelle. So step off your high horse and watch who you call a "d-bag".
Anyways I'm sure the OP has enough BUMPS for the day. His thread should be right up top. Since we are talking about respect... If you would like to continue this conversation we should do so via private message. Out of respect for the OP.

If you want to know the specs before buying call Ted I'm sure he would be more then happy to discuss them with you. Its not fair to him to have them published all over. And what are you going to do, drive to my house and spank me if I call you a d-bag. So scared bro. Enjoy the free bump op.

JANNETTYRACING 03-26-2013 07:46 AM

No Worries guys, There is Way more to Cam Profiles, than the Advertised Specs on the box.

Besides I own the rights to this profile with Comp Cams, and they will not grind this cam for anyone else.

Thank you all for your concern and continued support.

Ted.

214Chevelle 03-26-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxtar41 (Post 6333679)

See, read what JRE said below...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 6335177)
No Worries guys, There is Way more to Cam Profiles, than the Advertised Specs on the box.

Besides I own the rights to this profile with Comp Cams, and they will not grind this cam for anyone else.

Thank you all for your concern and continued support.

Ted.

#1) I knew he owned the rights to the cam as well as any other shop who works hard at developing cams.
#2) It's obvious you are 24, by calling people names on a forum because they disagree with what you say. It's a forum...little boy!! Grow up. :cry:
#3) Mr. 24 year old, you call up JRE and say give me the specs to your cam before I give you any money and see what he tells you or any other company. Then what's the purpose of "selling them" if you are gonna so-called "give" them away to anybody who call's your business phone?
#4) Since we are proving point, my point was proven that it isn't a big deal to JRE. He said so himself. I know he would rather them stay more secret, but it called "BUSINESS." You cannot stop the inevitable. If you could, then Chevy would be raging mad everytime someone resold a 2010 Camaro instead of having that person buy one from Chevy themselves. You don't hear Chevy crying about, "HEY, GUYS ARE RUNNING AROUND RESELLING OUR CAMARO'S!!" :mad0260::mad2:

I'm done guys!! :wave::wave:

Abrahams11SS 03-26-2013 04:36 PM

Although the fighting is very entertaining I'd like to just know more about what this can has the potential for on a n/a motor cause it like I may buy this. I want more power lol and a crazy sounding SS

infernometallicSS 03-26-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS (Post 6337787)
Although the fighting is very entertaining I'd like to just know more about what this can has the potential for on a n/a motor cause it like I may buy this. I want more power lol and a crazy sounding SS

Word from others that have this cam is that it is very nice. I would contact Ted and ask him for additional details.

quincy speeder 03-28-2013 01:01 PM

Thats just a LSL Comp Cam. The shops have cam grind numbers they use to order cams. No shop has a lock down on any cam with comp spec grind lobes. Some shops have special design lobes they cad designed and those are hidden grinds. What the box doesn't say is how much advance is ground into it.

Looks like JRE just has a grind cam they like. Same thing most of the shops out there have, they just put names on them to try to keep people(like us) from copying them.

Htnjac 03-28-2013 09:29 PM

Hey is this still for sale? I sent you a pm couple days ago.

Abrahams11SS 03-29-2013 09:53 AM

Pending sale to me.

Htnjac 03-29-2013 12:11 PM

I'm paypal ready if that doesn't go through.

Infern0 04-14-2013 02:33 PM

Sold I take it?

Abrahams11SS 04-14-2013 06:52 PM

Honestly I haven't heard back from him. I was even texting him back and forth. Won't respond now.

Htnjac 04-14-2013 11:12 PM

Sold to me.

Infern0 04-15-2013 08:07 AM

Install it yet?

Htnjac 04-15-2013 12:56 PM

Getting installed next week.