Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I visited my dodge dealership today (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43207)

rowerybo 09-18-2009 07:00 PM

I visited my dodge dealership today

I wanted to take a look at the challengers. After milling around, a sales associate came up and started chatting with me. I informed him of my position. After hearing that my first choice is the camaro he began trying to explain that they take ten months to get and have only a four star crash rating, then tried to cope more cons. By this time I informed him that if he did not like it he did not have to purchase one but that he should respect the choices of potential customers. Needless to say, the challenger has a great exterior but the interior is not for me. It feels overly large and has a huge dash. A camaro man I am.

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 09-18-2009 07:10 PM

YAY!

Glad you didn't venture over to the dark side... :D

levi1922 09-18-2009 07:17 PM

haha, i was at me dealer to ask about a VIN number (still no VIN, TPW 9/7) and they had a LaCrosse on the lot, and i havent seen one in person yet, and i asked if i could look, and he started trying to sell it I just dont think i have a Buick in my life for the near future. even though its a great car

gold5000000 09-18-2009 07:43 PM

because i can...:idiot:

daphatgrant 09-18-2009 09:36 PM

If I could have a second muscle car it would be a challenger in a second I love how they look, but I am a GM fan first so Camaro it is :).

TJ91 09-19-2009 01:08 AM

been there, done that. Even tried to convince myself to liking the interior after the 4th time my car got delayed, went out for a test drive and said meh!
But i have to admit, those seats are really comfortable!

KJS 09-19-2009 01:47 AM

stay strong Rowerybo, stay strong...

Metal Camaro 09-19-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_bank_robber (Post 942214)
YAY!

Glad you didn't venture over to the dark side... :D

Camaro is the dark side

1976Bee 09-20-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Camaro (Post 943584)
Camaro is the dark side

My thoughts exactly!!!

Eduk8r 09-20-2009 08:55 AM

I had a hard time deciding between the two. Have never owned a Dodge, but love the retro look of the Challenger. I drove the SRT-8 and it runs like hell. I am a pretty big guy and the Challenger does have more room and is a pleasure to drive. Was not going to pay a gas guzzlers tax so started looking at the R/T. The R/T you can not turn the Traction control completely off and I did not like that. Dollar for dollar the Camaro has more performance for the buck. Still liking the Challenger so went to my dealer who sells both and talked to the service manager (know him for years) He just looked at me and said, "both are good cars, but you want be happy with the Challenger because you are a GM man." Good point, but still had not decided. So Brought out the expert. Wife which one? Buy the Camaro. End of story.

pastohio 09-20-2009 09:31 AM

Dodge also makes a nice car called "Viper"....just my $.02

mcdoogle6969 09-20-2009 10:21 AM

I pulled up to the dealer a few weeks ago in my Camaro, also looking at Challengers. They had a Hemi Orange 2008 str8 sitting in the building. I was talking to them about how i was interested in getting a second car and asked if i could take it out for a test drive, he said NO and tried to push me out the door by talking to me and walking there at the same time. They lost a costumer i guess, silly dodge salesmen. :facepalm:

Ringo 09-20-2009 10:30 AM

I had a Dodge salesman tell me the Camaro was overpriced. Hard to believe I heard that when I was looking right at an SRT8 with a $52K sticker in it. He just rambled on about how rare they are and the Camaro is no good. Totally arogant and condiscending to me. I couldn't believe his attitude. I kept thinking how I'd like to beat this guy to a pulp.

mcdoogle6969 09-20-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo (Post 946774)
Hard to believe I heard that when I was looking right at an SRT8 with a $52K sticker in it

:confused0068: Who in their right minds would try to sell a SRT8 for that much!?