Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stripe Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82449)

IBM2LT 05-09-2010 09:19 PM

Stripe Questions

Do any of you guys have an IBM with the factory Black Rally stripes? I bought mine back in March and my car seems to have really faded black stripes. These stripes should be vinyl correct? I don't know any way to make them really shine and I feel that it is taking away from the look of the car. Is there any way to make them shine or at least not look so streaked and faded? If not how much does it cost to have them painted roughly?:iono:

I also tried to use the search function but it is so broad I couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

import_killa 05-09-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBM2LT (Post 1828937)
Do any of you guys have an IBM with the factory Black Rally stripes? I bought mine back in March and my car seems to have really faded black stripes. These stripes should be vinyl correct? I don't know any way to make them really shine and I feel that it is taking away from the look of the car. Is there any way to make them shine or at least not look so streaked and faded? If not how much does it cost to have them painted roughly?:iono:

I also tried to use the search function but it is so broad I couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

When I bought mine my IBM I had the black stripes on it and hated it so i had silver stripes painted on mine..I paid 700 to have mine painted on

KLR ZL1 05-09-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBM2LT (Post 1828937)

Those would be the factory black stripe that only come in flat black. If you want gloss you will have to have them custom painted.

ron10 05-09-2010 09:38 PM

they shouldn't be faded,unless it is the wax you are using.try cleaning them with a vinyl cleaner,then use turtle wax ice on them.this will give you a little sheen.

ORANGE U NV 05-09-2010 09:44 PM

If your dealer used "GM" vinyl stripes you shouldn't have any fading in less than a year. The GM stripes are more of a satin finish, not flat or gloss. For a little more shine use Turtle Wax ICE. It's safe for paint and plastic/vinyl. Worse case, take it back as a warranty issue since they are covered for 3yr/36k.
:word: ron10...guess I'm slow typing:facepalm:

IBM2LT 05-09-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORANGE U NV (Post 1829050)
If your dealer used "GM" vinyl stripes you shouldn't have any fading in less than a year. The GM stripes are more of a satin finish, not flat or gloss. For a little more shine use Turtle Wax ICE. It's safe for paint and plastic/vinyl. Worse case, take it back as a warranty issue since they are covered for 3yr/36k.
:word: ron10...guess I'm slow typing:facepalm:

I'll give this a shot. Thanks all of you for your feedback. It the Turtle Wax ICE doesn't fix my problem then I'm taking them in for sure.

2010 SSRS 05-09-2010 10:27 PM

dealer should replace them