Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Billy Boat bullets vs Borla Stingers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10124)

MrGazinya 11-30-2008 01:36 PM

Billy Boat bullets vs Borla Stingers

I have been listening to youtube video's of both Catback exhaust systems on the C6 LS3 corvette. I am leaning toward the B&B Bullets because they just sound sick. The Borla stingers are incredible as well. I'm guessing that both companies will have systems for the SS Ls3. I know Borla is a great exhaust company, just not sure about B&B though. Anybody have experience with B&B Bullets, and how loud are they?

LSxJunkie 11-30-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGazinya (Post 204643)
I have been listening to youtube video's of both Catback exhaust systems on the C6 LS3 corvette. I am leaning toward the B&B Bullets because they just sound sick. The Borla stingers are incredible as well. I'm guessing that both companies will have systems for the SS Ls3. I know Borla is a great exhaust company, just not sure about B&B though. Anybody have experience with B&B Bullets, and how loud are they?

How the hell are you going to judge Camaro exhausts through C6 videos?

The Camaro catback is going to be bent completely differently, going to be longer, probably using different mufflers, all of which changing the tone of the exhaust.

frank99ta 12-01-2008 02:05 AM

I imagine they should sound similar. The Billy Boat on the vette is terrible. It sounds good but the drone will about kill you. I really didn't think they were that loud. On my c6 I just cut off the mufflers and ran straight pipe. Sounds mean as hell, and I saved 1000 bucks over a borla and about 800 over a B&B. What they charge for an exhaust on the corvette is ridiculous. Hopefully the exhaust systems for the camaro will be more affordable. Only time will tell.

TomServo 12-01-2008 07:50 AM

I had BOTH on my 06 vette, I could only live with the B&B Bullets a few days before I had to remove them. The interior resonances were so bad not only did interior pieces buzz, but after a 30 minute drive my ears were "ringing".

I then bought the Borla Sports aka Stingers and fell in love. Yes they have some resonances but no where near as intense as the Bullets.

I'd be careful buying ANY aftermarket cat-back system until enough are sold so folks can arrange some test drives.

I'll post a photo of both systems when I get home from work today.

LSxJunkie 12-01-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank99ta (Post 205206)
I imagine they should sound similar. The Billy Boat on the vette is terrible. It sounds good but the drone will about kill you. I really didn't think they were that loud. On my c6 I just cut off the mufflers and ran straight pipe. Sounds mean as hell, and I saved 1000 bucks over a borla and about 800 over a B&B. What they charge for an exhaust on the corvette is ridiculous. Hopefully the exhaust systems for the camaro will be more affordable. Only time will tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomServo (Post 205265)
I had BOTH on my 06 vette, I could only live with the B&B Bullets a few days before I had to remove them. The interior resonances were so bad not only did interior pieces buzz, but after a 30 minute drive my ears were "ringing".

I then bought the Borla Sports aka Stingers and fell in love. Yes they have some resonances but no where near as intense as the Bullets.

I'd be careful buying ANY aftermarket cat-back system until enough are sold so folks can arrange some test drives.

Again, drone is a combination of interior acoustics and muffler location, both of which will be different on the Camaro....

TomServo 12-01-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSxJunkie (Post 205313)
Again, drone is a combination of interior acoustics and muffler location, both of which will be different on the Camaro....

Agreed!!! Until we get some real world experience (cars and cat-back manufactured and in use) I'd be hesitant in buying or recommending any of them prior to a test drive.

radz28 12-01-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank99ta (Post 205206)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomServo (Post 205331)
Agreed!!! Until we get some real world experience (cars and cat-back manufactured and in use) I'd be hesitant in buying or recommending any of them prior to a test drive.

Not hearing any system, I'd go with the street CB that GMPP will release if I were interested in noise. I'm sure it will easily pass any noise requirements that have to be met out there. I think I'd lean more toward bullet style mufflers though and will definately be checking out the off-road system GMPP says they're going to have too. With as much as catbacks are getting, it won't be cheap either way, I'm sure...

TomServo 12-03-2008 12:17 PM

Personally I wish they offer the Corvette RPO NPP exhaust option.

MerlinZero 12-03-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomServo (Post 205265)

Tom, I agree entirely. I removed the GMPP exhaust from my order for this reason.... I will get the car and see how it sounds before i do anything, also it will give the market time to catch up.

TomServo 12-13-2008 01:15 PM

Take a peak at my B&B Bullets
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...Inserts001.jpg
Nasty resonances and lasted 2 days.

They were replaced by the Borla Sports
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...Exhaust003.jpg

Some resonances but nothing like the B&B's. I really liked them. But than again I have a manual, the auto guys still have issues.