Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Help me make up my mind (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292168)

Cleancoupe 04-28-2013 09:16 PM

Help me make up my mind

So I've been wanting a camaro since I first saw the concept & I'm finally getting close to pulling the trigger on one, but now I'm second guessing myself. My local dealer found me the car i want a 2SS 1LE RS NPP in ashen gray. I test drove an 2SS on the lot they had, but didn't really get a wow factor that i was expecting from driving it. It was an automatic & of course I would be getting a manual.

beany323 04-28-2013 09:22 PM

they wouldnt let you drive the 1le? i had a auto v6 and it isnt the same as a v8. driving the 1le wasnt required. i knew i wanted a stick v8. the 1le was just the frosting on the cake!

good luck with your choice!

Dropspeed 04-28-2013 09:33 PM

I drove an Edelbrock supercharged 2010 SS with complete Eibachs kit (spring swaybars, ect) on Bullrun in 2010 (NY to Las Vegas) and then last fall I drove a 2012 SS auto while staying in Scottsdale.

I test drove a 1LE for only about 3-4 miles and in that short time I can tell you it felt like a completely different car than either of the above two I mentioned. The performance numbers don't lie. It is a different beast than a standard SS if you are looking for something other than a straight line car.

Matt

HighMtnSS 04-28-2013 09:40 PM

The M6 1LE with NPP exhaust is definitely a bad ass car.

The exhaust has a mean rumble and the 3.91 rear end pulls noticeably harder than a standard SS.

And, the handling, shifting, steering feel, balance, and looks of the car are stout and unique.

GM should have produced every SS with 1LE specs from the start IMHO.

For me, my 1LE is a "poor man's" ZL1. Let the mods begin;).

If you pull the trigger on the 1LE, you will definitely be joining the Permagrin club!:thumbsup:

menendez1293 04-28-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropspeed (Post 6481155)
I drove an Edelbrock supercharged 2010 SS with complete Eibachs kit (spring swaybars, ect) on Bullrun in 2010 (NY to Las Vegas) and then last fall I drove a 2012 SS auto while staying in Scottsdale.

I test drove a 1LE for only about 3-4 miles and in that short time I can tell you it felt like a completely different car than either of the above two I mentioned. The performance numbers don't lie. It is a different beast than a standard SS if you are looking for something other than a straight line car.

Matt

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighMtnSS (Post 6481178)
The M6 1LE with NPP exhaust is definitely a bad ass car.

The exhaust has a mean rumble and the 3.91 rear end pulls noticeably harder than a standard SS.

And, the handling, shifting, steering feel, balance, and looks of the car are stout and unique.

GM should have produced every SS with 1LE specs from the start IMHO.

For me, my 1LE is a "poor man's" ZL1. Let the mods begin;).

If you pull the trigger on the 1LE, you will definitely be joining the Permagrin club!:thumbsup:

Man now your responses are making me really want to find a 1LE and take it for a test drive :sm0:

Cleancoupe 04-28-2013 10:02 PM

Thanks for some input. They didn't have a 1LE in stock that I could test drive. The one I'm looking at is a few states away so they'll have to get it trailered in for me. Everything I've been reading seems like the 1LE is a completely different beast than the regular SS. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Bad@ssCamaro 04-28-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleancoupe (Post 6481262)
Thanks for some input. They didn't have a 1LE in stock that I could test drive. The one I'm looking at is a few states away so they'll have to get it trailered in for me. Everything I've been reading seems like the 1LE is a completely different beast than the regular SS. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Dooooo iiiitt! I'm getting one and I haven't even driven one :headbang:

HighMtnSS 04-28-2013 10:14 PM

It's a sweet ride! You will not be disappointed:biggrin:

JimE 04-28-2013 10:41 PM

What do you really expect to hear on a CAMARO forum?

You either want it, or you don't. If you are not sure, test drive some other cars that fit your interest and then decide.

CamaroDreams76 04-29-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 6481275)
Dooooo iiiitt! I'm getting one and I haven't even driven one :headbang:

+1

JimE 04-29-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 (Post 6481757)
+1

I didn't even test drive a Camaro before I bought mine.

gajagfan 04-29-2013 06:12 AM

We have a 1LE on order, and only test drove a 2011 SS back in 2011. There is enough info out there to know what you are getting. You know your budget. You know if the fancy of a 2SS is more important than the performance of the 1LE (if like us you cannot have both). You know if you want the baddest Camaro out there, and you do not have to take a test drive to make this call. Get off the fence!

Zorns 04-29-2013 06:48 AM

I test drove a 45th Anniversary 2SS about 9 months ago. Nice. I test drove a 2SS/1LE....even better.

Southern Comfort 04-29-2013 06:49 AM

Keep in mind that 1LE is limited production. Your local dealer may not have the option to get one moved from another dealer.

So what are you using as a frame of reference for excitement?