Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   LCA question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291887)

BronxxBombers213 04-27-2013 11:19 AM

LCA question

Just did a bunch of suspension mods, and at some point this summer or fall, I want to do coilovers and probably LCA's for the hell of it while I have the car apart.

some LCA's are made shorter to accommodate for camber correction on a lowered car.. currently, In addition to sways/bushing upgrades, I have BMR non adjustable toe rods and trailing arms.

This is taken from BMR's site in reference to their non adjustable LCA:
Quote:

Due to shortened length of these control arms, adjustable toe rods are necesarry when using this product.
Is this true? If this is the case, I would imagine the other options such as Spohn, etc would have the same issue. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this? I really dont feel like removing and selling the toe rods I just put on, so I want to make sure I buy a LCA that works

Thanks, Joe

10aSSee D 04-27-2013 11:27 AM

I can't really answer your question but I installed my LCA's and adjustable toe rods when I put my Gforce 9 inch in and now for some reason my axles are hitting my upper control arm and have worn a groove in it!! I have KWV1 coilovers on it so now I'm trying to figure out why my axles are rubbing my upper control arm.

BronxxBombers213 06-17-2013 12:25 AM

still curious

jeremywes 06-17-2013 06:49 AM

yes its true

BMR Sales 06-17-2013 08:48 AM

If you plan on running our non-adjustable lower control arms (TCA028) you will definitely need andjustable toe rods to be able to get the alignment back into spec because the lower control arms are shorter than the factory arm. If you run our adjustable lower control arms (TCA029) you don't have to run adjustable toe rods if the car is stock ride height or close to it, now if you are going to lower the car a good bit you will definitely still want to run the adjustable lower control arms so you can get the desired alignment specs.

olblue75 06-24-2013 03:56 AM

How about a set of LCAs for the new suspension to take advantage of the better sway bar design and sizes???

BMR Sales 06-24-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblue75 (Post 6707578)
How about a set of LCAs for the new suspension to take advantage of the better sway bar design and sizes???

It is something we are definitely working on and should hopefully have ready sooner than later. I keep on pushing my R&D guys on this because we have been getting so many request about this kind of thing lately. I will sit down with them and see where we stand with this.

67motorcat 06-24-2013 04:53 PM

With the non-adjustable BMR toe rods and trailing arms that you already have..I have them also,

I would just go with GM's revised 2012 lower control arms and 1LE or ZL1 sway bars.They can't be beat and will out perform any bars that mount inboard like the 10's and 11's.

That setup will align perfectly on a lowered car plus the LCA are only about $35.00 a piece direct from GM.