Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Predictions for the CAMARO-related announcement at Oshawa tomorrow (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152106)

radz28 06-10-2011 12:41 PM

Predictions for the CAMARO-related announcement at Oshawa tomorrow

What do you think? Is GM going to announce a 600 horsepower ZL1? Are they going to announce an ordering date? Will it be completely unrelated to ZL1? Are they going to announce Z28?

I think it'll be ZL1-related. Personally, I think ZL1 was going to be Z28 until the Supervisor 302 Pinto was announced. So, I just don't think they're enough (if any at all...) into a Z28 model to make any announcements because I think they're still finishing up ZL1. Having prequalified my thoughts I think GM will either announce:

- an ordering date
- power ratings
- 'Ring times
- more technology (performance) features
- auto' tranny
- T-tops (:D)
- ragtop

What do you think? I think V6 and SS are already pretty much in black-and-white, so what could it be? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Shurenuff 06-10-2011 12:46 PM

Perhaps a new specialty color (like SGM was) for MY2012?

If it is ZL1 news, I don't see them releasing performance related specs until much later to keep their cards as close to their vest as possible. Perhaps an auto tranny announcement?

radz28 06-10-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurenuff (Post 3323349)
Perhaps a new specialty color (like SGM was) for MY2012?

If it is ZL1 news, I don't see them releasing performance related specs until much later to keep their cards as close to their vest as possible. Perhaps an auto tranny announcement?

Ooo! I forgot about that!!! I'm adding it. :clap::clap::clap:

DevilKnightFalcon 06-10-2011 01:07 PM

Auto tranny

GoldenBear 06-10-2011 01:12 PM

It is going to be a ZL1 related announcement.

GM is going to announce that due to all of the negativity exhibited toward the ZL1 by some individuals on C5 that GM has decided to cancel the ZL1 program.

GM will suggest that all individuals who were interested in purchasing a ZL1 have the option to buy an SS and modify it instead. They will note, however, that certain modifications will void the warranty. :laugh:

Shurenuff 06-10-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBear (Post 3323492)

GM is going to announce that due to all of the negativity exhibited toward the ZL1 by some individuals on C5 that GM has decided to cancel the ZL1 program.

GM will suggest that all individuals who were interested in purchasing a ZL1 have the option to buy an SS and modify it instead. They will note, however, that certain modifications will void the warranty. :laugh:

I know you're joking around but do you really think there is a lot of negativity surrounding the ZL1 on C5?

DevilKnightFalcon 06-10-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurenuff (Post 3323498)
I know you're joking around but do you really think there is a lot of negativity surrounding the ZL1 on C5?

I certainly haven't seen the negativity...

Scarrzz 06-10-2011 01:40 PM

T-tops baby !

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 3323330)

What do you think? I think V6 and SS are already pretty much in black-and-white, so what could it be? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

. . . . . . . - T-tops (:D)

That. Definitely. :laughabove:

Oh, and ZL1 Horsepower Edition with LS9.

. . . and my marriage to Morgan Fairchild !

- - - - -

Real guess: Auto Trans

. . . . . . . . . .Power Traction Management & Launch Control confirmation

. . . . . . . . . . At least two special colors.

Quote:

He must have been joking, Shurenuff. I think I've read every post in the ZL1 section and there are lots of opinions and preferences, but most all of them are geared toward ZL1 being the best possible dream car. Everybody just dreams differently. Yeah, he was employing sarcasm.

Hey look, now I'm a psychic ! :headbang:

(Maybe psychotic, I get those two mixed up.)

GoldenBear 06-10-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

There may not be negativity expressed from a lot of people, but I've definitely noticed significant negativity from some vocal members including statements indicating that they don't think the ZL1 is going to be worth the money.

shank0668 06-10-2011 01:57 PM

T-tops, Boy do I wish.

Scarrzz 06-10-2011 02:09 PM

gonna gonna gonna

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBear (Post 3323685)
There may not be negativity expressed from a lot of people, but I've definitely noticed significant negativity from some vocal members including statements indicating that they don't think the ZL1 is going to be worth the money.

Always get a few of those. Just ignore 'em (unless you have the option to call in an air strike.)

Haters gonna hate.

Slackers gonna slack.

Trolls gonna troll.

radz28 06-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBear (Post 3323492)

:laugh::bellyroll::laughabove: I think you're onto something :yikes::confused0068::laughabove:

Quote:

Just like he says later, it's a vocal minority, IMVHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarrzz (Post 3323630)
. . . . . . . - T-tops (:D)

That. Definitely. :laughabove:

Oh, and ZL1 Horsepower Edition with LS9.

. . . and my marriage to Morgan Fairchild !

- - - - -

Real guess: Auto Trans

. . . . . . . . . .Power Traction Management & Launch Control confirmation

. . . . . . . . . . At least two special colors.

He must have been joking, Shurenuff. I think I've read every post in the ZL1 section and there are lots of opinions and preferences, but most all of them are geared toward ZL1 being the best possible dream car. Everybody just dreams differently. Yeah, he was employing sarcasm.

Hey look, now I'm a psychic ! :headbang:

(Maybe psychotic, I get those two mixed up.)

WE'RE GETTING LS9?!!! :D:laughabove: I shouldn't have brought the t-tops up. I think a lot of people are still a little sore on that matter...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBear (Post 3323685)

Maybe individuals like we're seeing will prove us wrong in about a year when they're tearing into them... NOT LIKELY...:rolleyes::facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shank0668 (Post 3323694)
T-tops, Boy do I wish.

I shouldn't have brought that up.

How about the afterburner taillights? Maybe optional Pilot Sport Cup tires lile ZR1 mounted on the optional SSX-style wheels as factory options? Maybe a brake upgrade option like CTS-V has (or had - I don't know if it still has it...).

2cnd chance 06-10-2011 02:17 PM

FE4 Suspension $ and Specs?
Or
The Auto on the ZL1

changprice 06-10-2011 02:24 PM

i think camaro should stick with Z28 emblem not ZL1