Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Ambient Lighting (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7585)

fsuredneck 10-03-2008 07:24 AM

Ambient Lighting

I've seen the animation of how the ambient light works, essentially showing that it turns on when you turn the electronics of the vehicle on with a slight turn of the key. In the video, they stayed on as long as the key was turned. I like the whole concept of the lighting and was considering it, but sometimes I like the cabin as dark as possible. Does anyone know of there will be a switch to be able to turn it off while the car is on? Personally, it seems common sense that there should be a way to do that, but I want to know if anyone else knows for sure. Thanks.

playhard67 10-03-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsuredneck (Post 145268)
I've seen the animation of how the ambient light works, essentially showing that it turns on when you turn the electronics of the vehicle on with a slight turn of the key. In the video, they stayed on as long as the key was turned. I like the whole concept of the lighting and was considering it, but sometimes I like the cabin as dark as possible. Does anyone know of there will be a switch to be able to turn it off while the car is on? Personally, it seems common sense that there should be a way to do that, but I want to know if anyone else knows for sure. Thanks.

I KNOW you will be able to dim the light...more than likely you will be able to dim the light to OFF

The_Blur 10-03-2008 10:19 AM

It shouldn't be any different than the current lighting in most cars. There is usually a nob that allows the driver to set the lighting to an acceptable standard.

ctk1 10-03-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 145343)
It shouldn't be any different than the current lighting in most cars. There is usually a nob that allows the driver to set the lighting to an acceptable standard.

Is there any kind of ceiling light in the car or does the ambient loghting replace that? I know on the concept that there were 2 LED strips from front to back on the ceiling. It looked cool but I doubt that it made it to production

headpunter 10-03-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctk1 (Post 145417)
Is there any kind of ceiling light in the car or does the ambient loghting replace that? I know on the concept that there were 2 LED strips from front to back on the ceiling. It looked cool but I doubt that it made it to production

there is a dome light

CWI 10-03-2008 09:46 PM

Dome and map lights in overhead console?

TAG UR IT 10-07-2008 03:37 AM

Here's a question for you....

If you have ambient lighting.......which is ice blue......BUT, you change up that instert from blue to red, what color will you get???

Well, the ice blue remains the same. It is ONLY ice blue or inferno orange. So, with the ice blue on red, that makes PURPLE LIGHTS!!!!!!

Yep, that's right. Now, on to OTHER color configurations!!

BBfan24 10-07-2008 06:40 AM

damn... that means if i get the yellow interior package the light stays blue and i'll have green lighting in the car. what the deuce?!?

ChrisB 10-07-2008 10:26 AM

Man that sucks i was hoping for yellow lights just like the panels

franknbeans 10-07-2008 12:02 PM

Yeah, I thought of this a while back. . kinda sucks with no options on this.

headpunter 10-07-2008 01:36 PM

i could swear that johnny told me that they came with different colored lights. i remember because the victory red trim kit got cancelled because the lights didnt look good with it.

TAG UR IT 10-07-2008 01:39 PM

^Sent pm.

SimC33 10-07-2008 01:48 PM

Well I guess I should be glad that im getting regular black interior with those greyish door panels and trim...I like the blue and hope it looks good...

TAG UR IT 10-07-2008 02:17 PM

^and that ambient blue lighting is probably going to be pretty rare since it's only coming on the 2LT and 2SS. I know I'm getting it!