Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gas Monkey Garage builds 2013 COPO Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321061)

45thAnniversary2SS 10-02-2013 10:42 AM

Gas Monkey Garage builds 2013 COPO Camaro

2 Attachment(s)
Gas Monkey just sold a 2013 COPO Camaros for $137,500:
http://www.lsxtv.com/news/gas-monkey...t-b-j-auction/

Show is coming on in a few weeks.

Has a 2 speed powerglide transmission.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...ln=427&aid=523

According to the auction documentation, Rawlings assisted in the build of the Camaro at the GM plant in Detroit, and the car features the Gas Monkey garage logo on all of the torque stamps, making it a truly one-of-a-kind vehicle from what was already a rare 1-of-69 piece. The complete buildup and the drag strip testing of the car is reportedly to be featured in an upcoming episode of Fast ‘N Loud.

This is a advertized as 8 second ¼ mile car which makes it the fastest COPO Camaro ever built.

paul44 10-02-2013 11:05 AM

Very nice!

lurker 10-02-2013 11:10 AM

Probably the most entertaining 'reality' show on TV right now... followed closely by Counting Cars. Hopefully they don't go the route of American Chopper and get too big too fast.

turboguy327 10-02-2013 11:55 AM

It's sad how people are entertained by those idiots. They ruin car after car. It's sad. They use torches to lower cars instead of swapping springs. They destroyed the F40. Its a alright show but they are hacks.

JR 1 10-02-2013 12:06 PM

So what exactly did the Gas Monkey guys do to charge an extra $50K other than put their tacky logos all over the car?

vroomapunk 10-02-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR 1 (Post 7056574)
So what exactly did the Gas Monkey guys do to charge an extra $50K other than put their tacky logos all over the car?

Right. Gross.

Yendor 10-02-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboguy327 (Post 7056531)
It's sad how people are entertained by those idiots. They ruin car after car. It's sad. They use torches to lower cars instead of swapping springs. They destroyed the F40. Its a alright show but they are hacks.

Completely agree, I would never let them touch anything I own, nor would I buy anything they "fixed".

Polishing a hood ornament to flip a car is just BS, they've done it.

slick rick 10-02-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR 1 (Post 7056574)

Apparently nothing.

This was an auction so someone was willing to pay an additional $50K to be the highest bidder.

PalmerGA 10-02-2013 02:17 PM

Much of the value of this car came from the fact no more are being built and all of them are spoken for. It's a beautiful car and I would LOVE to have one but, to me, those "Gas Monkey" decals and Rawlings' name wouldn't have made it off the B-J Auction lot.

Sales @ CAI Inc 10-02-2013 02:30 PM

*** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT****

Cold Air Inductions Inc. is acquiring a COPO Camaro and will be putting our logo on the hood, no other changes will be made to the car. We will be auctioning off this one of a kind COPO here on Camaro5....bidding starts at $110,000, which is a great deal considering the decal we have put on it.

:bonk:

All joking aside, I do enjoy that show a lot. And to that die hard CAI Inc. fan out there that was just about to bid on it, no we are not really selling a CAI Inc. Special Edition Copo. We do however have Microfiber detailing cloths available with our logo should you feel like spending your money with us :smiling1:

Alain 10-02-2013 03:10 PM

i personally love that show and most of the stuff they do to the cars. Wish I had the means to bid on it. I would have paid the dough for it.

Diode Dynamics 10-02-2013 03:25 PM

I love the show, watch it on a regular basis. But I do have to agree that sometimes they cheap out a little to make more money. That's just business though, obviously they'd love to do full builds on everything, but then they wouldn't make any money.

I personally thought the F40 they did was awesome, I'd take it!

Nick C.

45thAnniversary2SS 10-02-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics (Post 7057104)
I love the show, watch it on a regular basis. But I do have to agree that sometimes they cheap out a little to make more money. That's just business though, obviously they'd love to do full builds on everything, but then they wouldn't make any money.

I personally thought the F40 they did was awesome, I'd take it!

Nick C.

:thumb: Me too.

guapo 10-02-2013 04:39 PM

The show is entertainment, don't take it for real. But if I was ever to go to the bar and grill it better be good food of they would not get paid...