Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Holden Coupe 60 Concept (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3048)

AirGoya 03-01-2008 01:48 PM

Holden Coupe 60 Concept

This is one of the sickest cars I have ever seen

Linkwith pics
Quote:

MELBOURNE, Australia — Australia's GM unit, Holden, is proud of its muscular rear-wheel-drive heritage and proves it with a new concept that "captures all that's exciting about the Holden DNA." The Coupe 60 Concept is named for the 60th anniversary of the first all-Australian car from Holden.

The Coupe 60 is based on the current Commodore sedan, a vehicle that shares its rear-wheel-drive platform with the Pontiac G8. Although it's roughly 2.4 inches shorter than the Commodore, the Coupe 60 rides on an identical 114.7-inch wheelbase.

Holden's designers further emphasized the coupe's more aggressive nature with several supercar-inspired design modifications. There's a set of high-performance Kumho semi-slick tires, a flat underbody, rear air diffuser and a functional rear deck lid spoiler. High-performance Brembo brakes and a side-exiting chambered exhaust with billet alloy tips continue the racing theme.

The Coupe 60 has a 6.0-liter V8 engine with active fuel management and the ability to run on E85 ethanol fuel. It's mated to a six-speed manual transmission.

Inside, the passenger compartment is "supercar inspired," including one-piece carbon-fiber seats and a sporty flat-bottomed steering wheel with integrated shift light display. High-gloss carbon fiber and black suede trim with red accents complete the testosterone-laden look.

The Coupe 60 is painted Diamond Silver. GM Holden says "for the moment, it has to remain a concept only," but project manager Peter Hughes comments that it "has the potential to write another chapter in the book of Holden icons," so stay tuned.

What this means to you: Holden gets to 60 and still displays admirable virility. — Laura Sky Brown, Correspondent
I wish they would make this as the Pontiac G8 coupe but i seriously doubt because of those bitches from CAFE.:paddle:

Kyle2k 03-01-2008 01:50 PM

Its possible..I was thinking they could call it the G8 GTO too...you know, to differentiate it from the GT

DGthe3 03-01-2008 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Want to see what the pontiac version would look like? I found this on motortrend. It dates back to the demise of the GTO. It was the proposed replacement, but the idea was scraped.
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...et_pontiac_gto

Kyle2k 03-01-2008 11:37 PM

Yeah, but that is ugly as sin, no wonder they scraped it :P. this design actually has potential.

AirGoya 03-02-2008 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is one of the coolest parts of the car. But like the camaro i think they will have to add a b pillar, which will ruin the look because it has such a large opening.

TAG UR IT 03-02-2008 01:24 AM

^Daddy likey...daddy likey very much!!!

rocketman 12 03-02-2008 05:08 PM

VERY NICE!!!!!:drool: :drool: :confused0068: :confused0068: :coolpics:

09'Z28 03-02-2008 05:10 PM

i think an opening like that would require a few Dukes of Hazard entrances into the car

Cubanaso 03-03-2008 09:42 AM

This, my friends...is the biggest challenge to the Camaro to date. IF GM keeps it as close to that concept as they did the Camaro, considering I have a son and will try for another and the rear seats would be better for them, I'll HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT!

I just LOVE this thing, it looks great!!!!!!!!

WOW, wheels to the corner...mean looking HOTNESS!!!!!

The Camaro is still my plan for my future love, but this baby looks great!!!!

Note: The Motor Trend concept pic of a possible GTO, is MOFUGLY!!!!! Nasty as heck, the Holden Coupe 60 is HOWAT!!!!!!!!!

The_Blur 03-03-2008 12:19 PM

That's sexy. GM should just send a few Holdens to America. They would sell like iPods.

Elkyboy64 03-03-2008 12:44 PM

Damn that is a great looking car. Would be nice to see that in the states.

rocketman 12 03-03-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09'Z28 (Post 48767)
i think an opening like that would require a few Dukes of Hazard entrances into the car

Darn right!!!! YEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

TAG UR IT 03-03-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkyboy64 (Post 48919)
Damn that is a great looking car. Would be nice to see that in the states.

Yep...too bad the fuel door is on the right side.....:sm0:

Cubanaso 07-25-2008 08:00 PM

Does anyone know anything about this? Has GM taken any stances or made any decisions on this car yet?

DANG IT IF IT DOES NOT LOOK FREAKEN GREAT!