Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Calling all: Transformers Special Edition Camaro owners! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49692)

MeagsMom 10-29-2009 01:24 PM

Calling all: Transformers Special Edition Camaro owners!

How many Transformers Special Edition Camaros are out there and what are some of your best stories regarding how people are reacting to your car??
:rolling5thgen:

MeagsMom 10-29-2009 01:38 PM

I picked up my Transformers edition Camaro on Friday of last week (10/23)... Since then, I have become quite popular... Last night was the best reaction thus far... I was taking one of my daughter's friends home and after turning onto her street we came across a bunch of young (5th grade or so) boys playing in their front yard. As I pulled in front of their house, they basically just stood there in shock (mouths hanging open). As I pulled away they started yelling "Bumble Bee!" After I dropped the friend off, we came back down the same street where the boys were still gathered - only this time they were on both sides. They were screaming "Bumble Bee" so I decided to honk for them... That sent them into a frenzy! It was so funny (and so much fun)! ;-)

Embalmer 10-29-2009 03:19 PM

Hahah, very cool :thumbsup:

thejoker1232 10-29-2009 03:33 PM

nice story man lol i remember the car i loved growing up was the batmobile, and i went to six flags bam batmobile i was like omg..... It feels good to make a kids day then they will be able to tell their friends hey guess what bumblebee was on my street. in yo face

streetjudge79 10-29-2009 04:06 PM

I just ordered mine, I'll tell you in 8 weeks!

droidboy 10-29-2009 04:47 PM

Although I didn't get the Transformers Edition, I did get it Yellow with black stripes.

I love when kids call out it's name. Of course I find myself talking to it too.

Gregg

BumbleDs 10-29-2009 04:51 PM

Countless, its like being in the movie (Although nobody stopped Sam and asked howd get a future Camaro). Just like yours. Ive had moms with kids throwing a fit, I let people take pictures inside of it, I even let another poster drive. Everybody loves it. I had a Mustang say "Id race you, but I dont want my car to totaled!"

DrumDawg 10-29-2009 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:headbang:My wife and I traded cars one day (Her Acadia needed work done.) She's driving the car for the first time and tells the kids that she really likes it. She then say's that maybe she should get one. My seven year old says" You can't because dad has the only Bumblebee!"

All the rest of you must be fakes!
:laughabove:

boreas 10-29-2009 05:15 PM

Here's my story:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49310

Tell you more tomorrow!!!

Phil

DC-SS 10-29-2009 06:19 PM

I looked at one in my area and it sure looked good but for the pricetag they were asking I could have bought a 2LT and a 2SS...

MeagsMom 10-29-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetjudge79 (Post 1107447)
I just ordered mine, I'll tell you in 8 weeks!

Trust me... you won't be disappointed!

MeagsMom 10-29-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC-SS (Post 1108096)
I looked at one in my area and it sure looked good but for the pricetag they were asking I could have bought a 2LT and a 2SS...

Sounds like you need to come to Oklahoma and buy one...

TJ91 10-29-2009 06:50 PM

lol you guys should drive by schools as kids are getting out, kids were yelling look its an orange bumblebee when i drive by. l went with IOM and yet many, many kids go biserk calling it bumblebee. Kids get so excited when they see a camaro going down the road. Ive pulled over and let kids sit inside before. Gota share the Camaro passion.
You guys would have a fied day if you drove your transformers editions by schools as they are getting out! Good Stuff

MeagsMom 10-29-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 1108213)
lol you guys should drive by schools as kids are getting out, kids were yelling look its an orange bumblebee when i drive by. l went with IOM and yet many, many kids go biserk calling it bumblebee. Kids get so excited when they see a camaro going down the road. Ive pulled over and let kids sit inside before. Gota share the Camaro passion.
You guys would have a fied day if you drove your transformers editions by schools as they are getting out! Good Stuff

LOL! I just might do that!

diecast17 10-29-2009 08:35 PM

I can't wait for mine! I have a TPW of this week and I am waiting for a VIN. I need the car so bad to because my 2009 Dodge Challenger went back last week under lemon law.

1badSS/RS 10-30-2009 06:22 AM

Love it. People not only comment on it all the time(parking lot, gas station, driving down the road, ect), but people actually stop and take pictures of it regularly. She sure gets the attention.:)

wrek 10-30-2009 06:39 AM

Kids at the school like seeing it.. then I hit the sound effects and they go nuts. Even the Moms enjoy it ;) ;)

philipdistefano 10-30-2009 07:04 AM

Personally, I think Bumblebee is more orange than yellow.

Anywho, I ordered my RY 2LT/RS a few weeks ago and my TPW is next week. No Transformers package, but I'm sure I won't need it to hear someone call it Bumblebee. :P

Phil's 06 10-30-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philipdistefano (Post 1110081)
Personally, I think Bumblebee is more orange than yellow.

Anywho, I ordered my RY 2LT/RS a few weeks ago and my TPW is next week. No Transformers package, but I'm sure I won't need it to hear someone call it Bumblebee. :P

I hear kids and some adults call mine bumble bee and I have CGM no stripes! :sm0:

sweet_melissa 10-30-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrek (Post 1110035)
Kids at the school like seeing it.. then I hit the sound effects and they go nuts. Even the Moms enjoy it ;) ;)

Please explain the hit the sound effects. My grandson would go crazy over that.:thumbup:

wrek 10-30-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_melissa (Post 1110146)
Please explain the hit the sound effects. My grandson would go crazy over that.:thumbup:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=custom+sound - I had to install the 516L module AND a keyless entry module in order to get it to work via remote. The keyless entry module doesn't have anything to do with the car, I simply use it for it's RF receiver and outputs for door locks and trunk to fire the 3 custom sounds on the 516L. Then I recorded the two transformation sounds and Optimus's famous, "Autobots! Transform and Rollout!"

I hooked up buttons to also fire the three custom sounds so I can reach under the dash and press one of 3 buttons to broadcast the sound.

The sound comes from a loudspeaker/siren mounted under the hood so it's nice and loud.

Hicompression 10-30-2009 07:44 AM

You don't need the Transformers package for the kids to be calling a rally yellow SS with Black Stripes "Bumblebee". I get it all the time...

MeagsMom 10-30-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrek (Post 1110165)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=custom+sound - I had to install the 516L module AND a keyless entry module in order to get it to work via remote. The keyless entry module doesn't have anything to do with the car, I simply use it for it's RF receiver and outputs for door locks and trunk to fire the 3 custom sounds on the 516L. Then I recorded the two transformation sounds and Optimus's famous, "Autobots! Transform and Rollout!"

I hooked up buttons to also fire the three custom sounds so I can reach under the dash and press one of 3 buttons to broadcast the sound.

The sound comes from a loudspeaker/siren mounted under the hood so it's nice and loud.

LOVE IT! Are you going to the Camaro Fest in April? I would love to see/hear this!

wrek 10-30-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hicompression (Post 1110176)
You don't need the Transformers package for the kids to be calling a rally yellow SS with Black Stripes "Bumblebee". I get it all the time...

The TFE package is not bumblebee anyway, it's a Transformers tribute package. It just happens to resemble the car/actor from the movie.

SSRS2010 10-30-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumDawg (Post 1107764)
:headbang:My wife and I traded cars one day (Her Acadia needed work done.) She's driving the car for the first time and tells the kids that she really likes it. She then say's that maybe she should get one. My seven year old says" You can't because dad has the only Bumblebee!"

LOVE THAT PIC GREAT LOOKING CAMARO :drool: :coolpics: :coolpics::chevy:

sweet_melissa 10-30-2009 11:21 AM

Wreck,
Thank you so much for the info, just got to find someone to do this for me. My car has been built and ready to ship. Now the wait begins, to me the TFE is worth the money. Cant wait to see the look on the grandson's face when I pick him up from school.

espo19047 10-30-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecast17 (Post 1108784)
I can't wait for mine! I have a TPW of this week and I am waiting for a VIN. I need the car so bad to because my 2009 Dodge Challenger went back last week under lemon law.

Check your email. Your car was built yesterday and I sent you your vin.

boreas 10-30-2009 06:11 PM

Mine is home as of today!!!!

Oh my... I L-O-V-E it!!!!!!!

Phil

wrek 10-30-2009 06:18 PM

Any questions about the sound effects, call me. I didn't write up a how-to but I might.

Musclebee 10-30-2009 10:27 PM

Mine is a Rally yellow 2 SS with RS pkg, with painted on black rally stripes, my license plate is (Bumblyb). Had it since April 23, 2009. I call mine Bumblebee also.

Musclebee 10-30-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droidboy (Post 1107673)
Although I didn't get the Transformers Edition, I did get it Yellow with black stripes.

I love when kids call out it's name. Of course I find myself talking to it too.

Gregg

I have the same disco ball and beotch air freshner hanging from my rear view mirror.:thumbup:

menendez1293 11-10-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumDawg (Post 1107764)

can you please send me a close up pick of the transformers logo on the side of the car i really want to see what there like

2010 camaro 2LT/RS yellow with black rally stripes

steeleshark2 11-10-2009 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a 6yr old boy very excited about Bumbblebee while I was getting gas. While his 13yr old sister was taking a picture, I told the boy to hop in the drivers seat for a photo op. I never knew how much it would mean to him. He hopped in and had the biggest smile I have ever seen and a childs face. His sister took the picture and just by everything I see that this one thing was one of the greatest things he has got to do in a long time.

2010 Camaro 1ss Tansformers Edition

RLHMARINES 11-10-2009 07:57 PM

If anyone is looking for one, the local dealer here has one on the lot. They had in the past been marking them up, per market adjustment. yeah... right. I did not see a markup sticker on it.

lawdog 11-10-2009 11:11 PM

Crossing Guard Distraction

Yeah passed by a 5th grade crosing guard and the kid was like in shock, just kept starring with his mouth open, Im like dude pay attention to your job before someone gets clobbered, haha

1sickss 11-11-2009 09:53 AM

i likey the yellow

MeagsMom 11-11-2009 11:42 AM

I like it too! I've had my Transformer's Edition Camaro for two full weeks now, and have driven it around town quite a bit. I thought the new-ness would wear off for people, but I still can't do much of anything without a small crowd gathering... Another thing I've noticed is people driving mustangs really seem to have issues... they are constantly revvvving their engines at me and whatnot (even if they are going in the opposite direction). Guess they have a small complex... LOL!

wrek 11-11-2009 02:12 PM

Kids love for me to pick them up in it... mine has the sound effects so they always ask for me to play it.

Aldo the Apache 11-11-2009 05:31 PM

I read on this forum recently that when orders stop being taken on 1/12/10 for the Transformers Special Edition, it is estimated that there will end up having been 1500 produced.

When I started looking for a new car over the summer, there were rumors of a 'Bumblebee Edition' in the works, and when the Transformers Ed. was officially announced in July, I knew I had my car. Maybe we could form an elite division of Camaro5, The Legion of Super-TFE's, or something.

menendez1293 02-19-2010 06:01 PM

okay i wasn't able to get a transformers edition because of when i bought the car but i have been putting it together tell me what you think of the stripes
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=17448