Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Holidays - (and Seasons Beatings to all Mustangs..) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120451)

fbodfather 12-17-2010 12:03 PM

Happy Holidays - (and Seasons Beatings to all Mustangs..)

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

As we come to the end of yet another year, I'd like to thank you once again for your enthusiasm for all things Camaro.

Being a Camaro Enthusiast over the past several years has certainly had its ups and downs........yet even when the Camaro went on hiatus (.....and sadly, it's stablemate, the Firebird went to that Great Pontiac Showroom in the Sky) you 'kept the faith.'

Many of you continued your hard work to provide us with a website community where we could go each day to experience 'camaraderie' and share information with like-minded friends.

Still others spent countless hours putting together annual events that really were -- and continue to be -- like family reunions. (...except that we really like everyone who shows up at Camaro/Firebird shows!!!)

And then there are those of you who have travelled thousands and thousands of miles over the last several years to attend these events -- and you've helped to make memories that will last a life-time.

As we enter 2011, it strikes me that this may be one of the best times ever to experience "Camaro" to its fullest.

Even as we prepare to close up shop in the Motor City for the Christmas Holiday, Al Oppenheiser and the team continue to work on some pretty remarkable stuff.......

The new Convertible goes into production shortly after we celebrate the arrival of 2011....

There are continual product changes and improvements because we are NEVER satisfied....

....and I'd love to tell you all about what we're working on, but then there's that fleet of Black Suburbans that show up when one says more than they should...............

We have lots of great Camaro activities coming for 2011 - -one of which I hope to share with you shortly...........

Meanwhile - let's celebrate the Season and give thanks for all the blessings that have been given to us.

Let's take some time to remember our troops as they serve to protect freedom worldwide.

Let's take some time to visit those who mean so much to us - and if you can't visit in person, give them a call - and let them know you're thinking of them. (Many times it's later than we think....)

Naturally, Christmas and New Years is a time to celebrate - but if you're going to celebrate and imbibe in Alcohol, please - for the sake of everyone on the road -- don't drink and drive. Please designate a driver BEFOREHAND - or call a cab.

And for those of you who know me, you KNOW what comes next:

Seat Belts! Use 'em! Each Time! Every Time!

On behalf of everyone at Chevy - thank you - and I mean this very, very sincerely - for your loyalty and for the passion you show for Camaro each and every day.

On a personal note: Thank you for your emails and phone calls and letters - (especially those ones that arrived after I switched jobs) -- and Thank you for 'keeping the faith' when I asked you to......

................. you truly are my "Camaro Comrades" and I'm one lucky guy to be able to say that.

Merry Christmas-

Happy Hanukkah-

Seasons Greetings-

--And may the new year bring you all that is good!

Scott

aka Fbodfather

aka RedPlanet

40years 12-17-2010 12:12 PM

Thanks Scott. The same to you and your family.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 12-17-2010 12:16 PM

Eloquent as always Scott!! :wub:

Happy Holidays to you and your Family!
:chevy:

Darth_Emma 12-17-2010 12:51 PM

Thank you and right back at ya, Fbodfather. Happy Winter Solstice Celebration or <insert holiday name of choice here> to everyone!

Kilo-9 12-17-2010 12:56 PM

Happy Holidays, Scott!

Are you venturing back to the 'burgh for a Holiday visit?

hrpiii 12-17-2010 01:00 PM

Thanks Fbodfather!! It was a great year, and thanks to the camaro, me and the wife have traveled far and wide enjoying everything the camaro community has given us. Something we have never done in the past!

BAD DAB 12-17-2010 01:03 PM

Seasons Greetings to everyone!

MikeL 12-17-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 2646650)
....and I'd love to tell you all about what we're working on, but then there's that fleet of Black Suburbans that show up when one says more than they should...............

Great post as always! Happy Holidays (Merry Christmas) to all those at GM/Chevy and Team Camaro. Mind if I use the above quote in my sig? lol

rmpackers 12-17-2010 01:19 PM

Thanks Scott! I'm just as much in love with this car today, as when I first saw photos from the Detroit auto show and when I plunked down $500 to order a car I had not driven or seen in "real life." Just this week we had a ice and snow storm and as I was driving down the street with my Pirelli ice/Snows on, and my seatbelt fastened, I noticed a group of Jr. High age kids making their way home on their bikes. They stopped and watched me go by. At first I thought what are they looking at? And then I remembered; I'm driving the most beautiful car in the world! So I count my blessings everyday and happy holidays to all!

St33lsinger 12-17-2010 01:24 PM

Thanks Scott :bow:

Wishing you and all of C5 Merry Christmas and a happy new year :respekt: :drinking:

camarorick 12-17-2010 01:41 PM

Happy holidays to you, and yours Scott, as well as all the great people working on the CAMARO :bow:

Although most of us here in Montreal have our cars in storage, we continue with the Camaro tradition, and have our " family reunions " almost weekly.... This car has brought so many great new friends into my life, and for this GM, I thank you :respekt:

Here's to a great 2011.... Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet the Camaro team again next season at some of the events :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL :drinking:

stikSS 12-17-2010 01:48 PM

Happy Holidays to you Scott and the rest of the Camaro Team!!

2010 SSRS 12-17-2010 02:25 PM

Happy Holidays Scott

fbodfather 12-17-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilo-9 (Post 2646813)
Happy Holidays, Scott!

Are you venturing back to the 'burgh for a Holiday visit?

You betcha! Heading to Mars next Wed evening........