Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro Engine Packages - up to 800hp! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13390)

13F20 03-24-2009 08:53 PM

Just asking for opinions for the Lingenfelter Camaro

Just wanted to get some insight from the community. I have been going over the specs for the Camaro SS and the engine packages from Lingenfelter. Now I can see doing 650hp. But with the arrow dynamics of the car, even with a modified suspension and wheels and so fourth. Doses any one think the car will be capable of handling over 800hp from a twin turbo LS7. Now by no means am I getting down on the engineering of GM or Lingenfelter, but IMO there are goals that are realistic and then there are goals that are attainable but may not be the best option. I know the ZR1 trumped the Nissan GTR in a test conducted and came out on top. But you cant compare the camaro to the ZR1, you just cant. you have a company that is seriously talking about modifying a camaro to out do the fastest and most powerful sorts car to ever come off of any GM assembly line to my knowledge. Now if i am missing something and if so can someone please enlighten me so I will be better informed here. All things considered if Lingenfelter does pull this off and there is going to be a camaro that can slap the ZR1 around like a red headed step child then sign me up.

cam2fst4u 03-24-2009 09:13 PM

20,000.00 good lord man.... thats crazy my wife just seen i was looking at it....:fighting0056: :yikes:

ADM PERFORMANCE 03-24-2009 09:27 PM

Lpe is the only one

I worked for Kerry Lingenfelter (John lingenfelters daughter)here in texas for several years building many twin turbo 427 vettes as well as camaros...it was not uncommon to see tickets for 40-80k come through the door.

Now I do it on my own(ADMPERFORMANCE.COM) and still represent all they stand for.

Just sit back and watch our Black 2SS get LPE IZED.

Pics and thread starts tommorow(Engine build first) :wave:

Andy
Owner- ADMPERFORMANCE.COM

speedster 03-24-2009 09:56 PM

I am not knocking Lingenfelter in anyway. I have friends with 'Lingenfelter'ized cars. They are good. They are NOT cheap. You do get a great product, but there is a sizable profit margin attached to your cost. You do pay for a name.

If you are seriously considering a twin turbo option for your Camaro, I would highly recommend Nelson Racing Engines. I am not affiliated with them in any way other than I have and know of many other cars powered by his engines. They are incredibly streetable, reliable and have a much more realistic price point. They are fabricating a system (LS3 or LSX based) specifically for the 2010 Camaro.

bassam104 04-13-2010 06:44 PM

why Magnuson!!!?

Good work guys , but why do you guys only use Magnuson superchargers like every performance company uses them you guys, SLP,hennessey , Kenne bell or 2010 WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER CAMARO SYSTEM that is coming out soon gives up to 220hp over stock, i think you should expand you supercharger options.

Heliwrench 04-13-2010 07:32 PM

Because this thread's a year old?

brAnd7onX 04-13-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heliwrench (Post 1716697)
Because this thread's a year old?

:facepalm:

import_killa 04-13-2010 10:30 PM

looked at that a cpl months ago and way to high imo

NicKey 04-13-2010 10:56 PM

Just an FYI. Nickey Chicago and FLP build a Twin Turbo Camaro.

WeeZee 04-14-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sizzox (Post 287950)
From the Lingenfelter forums, Kevin stated:

Lingenfelter is currently in the process of development work on several engine packages for the new 2010 Camaro. The first Lingenfelter packages will be designed to be installed in the Camaro SS equipped with either the LS3 6.2 L engine with Tremec six-speed manual transmission or the L99 6.2 L engine with Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic.

Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro engine packages in development

550 HP Supercharged TVS1900
L99 6.2 L automatic transmission
Lingenfelter air intake system
Corsa cat back exhaust

570 HP Supercharged TVS1900
LS3 6.2 L manual transmission
Corsa cat back exhaust

650 HP Supercharged TVS2300
LS3 6.2 L Forged pistons
Automatic or manual transmission
Corsa cat back exhaust

700+HP Supercharged TVS2300
LS7 7.0 L Forged pistons, titanium rods
Corsa cat back exhaust

800 HP Twin Turbo
LS7 7.0 L Forged pistons, forged crank, forged rods
Corsa cat back exhaust

Lingenfelter also will be working on development work for the following packages:
6.2 L heads & cam packages
417 CID engine package
427 CID engine package

The new 2010 Camaro engine packages will include the Lingenfelter 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty, Lingenfelter badges & certificate of authenticity. Customers can select additional upgrades during the package install including custom coil covers, interior upgrades, wheel/tire packages plus more.

As the engine dyno testing is completed on each new package Lingenfelter will release engine dyno sheets, pictures & dyno videos. Lingenfelter expects to have the first engine on the dyno in the next few weeks.

Along with the new engine packages Lingenfelter has many other exciting products planned for use on the new 2010 Camaro. Lingenfelter will be releasing information on new 2010 Camaro items as soon as product development and testing is completed.

Please continue to check the Lingenfelter forum and web site for updated future information on availability & pricing.

If you would like to sign up for our email news letter to stay up to date please click this link.
https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Join/signupId:50056

Unless u like throwing ur money away build ur own beast for 50% less. Lingenfelter, Calloway, Nicky and most others especially Hennesey are extremely over rated and do descent work but charge 150% above cost. Livernois Motorsports is the only shop with the average customer in mind and not the bottom end for people with big bucks

Sax1031 04-14-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMB135Driver (Post 289881)
To put 800 HP in context, that is more power (quite a bit with the restrictor plates installed) than any of the NASCARs will have at Daytona this weekend. You could win the race with the Pace car if you took the speed governor off the Camaro.

wrong

They were making 850-880 hp 7-8 years ago when I watched them dyno a few cars/trucks. They were damn near putting 800 down to the tires.

With the restrictor plate on you might be correct.