Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Clark Griswolds brother in law (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211963)

2001ragtop 03-25-2012 09:18 PM

Clark Griswolds brother in law

I have a brother-in-law similar to Clark Griswold's brother-in-law, but not the same level of exaggeration.

This person always behaves (on the outside) like he is wise, normal, successful and that his goal is to make good decisions that will make his life go into a positive direction.

But most of the things he has done since he was age 18, (and he is approaching age 30 now) have only made his life go downhill, and he continues to do things that seem obscene.

He is a very nice person and he has goodness on the inside. But he does things, that I just don't agree with while at the same time, I can't "say" anything out loud about it.

My wife has informed me not to ever DO or say something to him that might cause him to "snap", so I don't. I am nice to him. But I cringe when he drops by to visit. (And he always just drops by unannounced.) He will come over when you are in the middle of dinner.

He will come over when we are all getting ready for bed.

I can't type the "things" he does but all I can say is that the only interesting thing that will probably come out of this. Is that I can only imagine things being way worse. He is not that bad to deal with.

What bothers me is what he does is "downplay" the importance of what 99 percent of society actual VIEW as extremely important. He will say something to "justify" avoiding certain responsibilities. In other words..He creates his own world "inside his head", where...inside there, you can justify doing a long, long list of things (that most people would never in their mind condone, or consider)....and I am always forced to just smile and say cool.

I've also basically been instructed "not" to offer him any advice, not to email him.....His family considers him a weak link....But the goal is just to accept things the way it is so everyone gets along.

I don't have this type of issue with my own flesh-in-blood siblings. They know better. They know if they decide to "go awol" and become crazy, that we no longer will be in contact anymore, and I would call the police if they came over without warning.

Rant completed. Life goes on.

ROBOSSRS 03-27-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001ragtop (Post 4703847)
I have a brother-in-law similar to Clark Griswold's brother-in-law, but not the same level of exaggeration.

This person always behaves (on the outside) like he is wise, normal, successful and that his goal is to make good decisions that will make his life go into a positive direction.

But most of the things he has done since he was age 18, (and he is approaching age 30 now) have only made his life go downhill, and he continues to do things that seem obscene.

He is a very nice person and he has goodness on the inside. But he does things, that I just don't agree with while at the same time, I can't "say" anything out loud about it.

My wife has informed me not to ever DO or say something to him that might cause him to "snap", so I don't. I am nice to him. But I cringe when he drops by to visit. (And he always just drops by unannounced.) He will come over when you are in the middle of dinner.

He will come over when we are all getting ready for bed.

I can't type the "things" he does but all I can say is that the only interesting thing that will probably come out of this. Is that I can only imagine things being way worse. He is not that bad to deal with.

What bothers me is what he does is "downplay" the importance of what 99 percent of society actual VIEW as extremely important. He will say something to "justify" avoiding certain responsibilities. In other words..He creates his own world "inside his head", where...inside there, you can justify doing a long, long list of things (that most people would never in their mind condone, or consider)....and I am always forced to just smile and say cool.

I've also basically been instructed "not" to offer him any advice, not to email him.....His family considers him a weak link....But the goal is just to accept things the way it is so everyone gets along.

I don't have this type of issue with my own flesh-in-blood siblings. They know better. They know if they decide to "go awol" and become crazy, that we no longer will be in contact anymore, and I would call the police if they came over without warning.

Rant completed. Life goes on.

Maybe Ivas can help.