Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   newbie2 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289584)

batman53201 04-15-2013 10:09 PM

newbie2

Hey people,

I have been hanging around for a little while and figured its time to join in on the fun. I have been trying to cut a deal with my dealer, and he finally called me back today to let me know its going to happen. I currently am leasing a car, and my lease dont end until february. I really prefer to finish my lease because that same month, my gm credit card gives me the maximum earnings of $2000 off the price of a new car. The problem was, i prefer the 2013 over the 2014, so i wanted the dealer to order me a car in april, and not take delivery until february. At first they said no, but i wasnt taking no for an answer, and talked to the sales manager again. I talked him into asking the president, making sure he knows what a loyal customer i have been, and long story short, he came back saying they would do it if i made a $10,000. deposit. no problem, i go in later this week to negotiate a price and place the order. Been about 5 years since my last camaro, the 69 in my avatar. i also owned a 74 z/28. Im really just looking for a vehicle to drive when i dont need to drive my truck, and i wanted something with good mpg, so im just getting the ls. Loved the power of that v6, they have definatly come a long way. Now driving can be fun again.:clap2:

Vengeance Graphix 04-15-2013 10:12 PM

welcome!

batman53201 04-15-2013 10:23 PM

btw, my car will be stored during the wisconsin winters, any storage input besides puting it on jacks, chime in

I did a search earlier and found a storage thread but can't find it now. Can someone post a link

batman53201 04-16-2013 01:08 AM

Never mind. I found it

Sir Nuke 04-16-2013 06:30 AM

Batman, CONGRATS on the ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a.../NewFridge.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

batman53201 04-16-2013 08:16 AM

:laughabove:

Thanks for the welcome. Love the fridge

102SS 04-16-2013 08:52 AM

Nice buy:)

I think 2013 may be a huge sales year as the 2014 tails and the dryer vent on the hood don't appeal to a lot of people.

Frid 04-16-2013 11:05 AM

Welcome!

BAD DAB 04-16-2013 01:37 PM

Welcome!

E-Ray 04-16-2013 01:44 PM

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your new camaro when it comes in.

batman53201 04-16-2013 03:22 PM

thanks for the welcome. i know i will enjoy the new ride when it comes in, until then i will just come here and stare at all of your rides

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-16-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batman53201 (Post 6427958)
Hey people,

I have been hanging around for a little while and figured its time to join in on the fun. I have been trying to cut a deal with my dealer, and he finally called me back today to let me know its going to happen. I currently am leasing a car, and my lease dont end until february. I really prefer to finish my lease because that same month, my gm credit card gives me the maximum earnings of $2000 off the price of a new car. The problem was, i prefer the 2013 over the 2014, so i wanted the dealer to order me a car in april, and not take delivery until february. At first they said no, but i wasnt taking no for an answer, and talked to the sales manager again. I talked him into asking the president, making sure he knows what a loyal customer i have been, and long story short, he came back saying they would do it if i made a $10,000. deposit. no problem, i go in later this week to negotiate a price and place the order. Been about 5 years since my last camaro, the 69 in my avatar. i also owned a 74 z/28. Im really just looking for a vehicle to drive when i dont need to drive my truck, and i wanted something with good mpg, so im just getting the ls. Loved the power of that v6, they have definatly come a long way. Now driving can be fun again.:clap2:

Hello batman53201,

Great news, we are excited you will be cruising in your Camaro soon enough. Also, pretty impressive negotiating as well. We wanted to not only congratulate you but also let you know that we are here should you need any future assistance. We can also be a resource to contact your particular dealer on your vehicle's arrival and update you when you can pick it up.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Apex Motorsports 04-16-2013 07:50 PM

Congrats and...

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/welcomec5.jpg

panther2469 04-17-2013 01:05 PM

Welcome to C5