Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Ruby's new mods. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255436)

RubyCamaro 10-14-2012 12:51 AM

Ruby's new mods.

3 Attachment(s)
We just got finished with the new mods;Done 2 Girls Garage style. Thanks, Karen!!!!!!!!! She did most of it to tell the truth. I mostly watched. Well, by the time it was over, it became 2 girls & 2 guys garage as hubby helped some & another Camaro comrad, Andy came by & helped too. It all went pretty well. Just a few minor problems nothing major at all. Here are a couple of pics for now. I'll post up more & maybe a few little video clips tomorrow.

Edit: I forgot to mention the mods for those who have not read them a bunch of times in other threads: Ported throttle body, waterbottle relocation & air scoop (to go with the previously installed Cold Air Inductions cold air intake), and Black Iceolator (all with big thanks to Apex Chase) and painted mainfold Thanks to Karen (Heaven_is_inferno_orange) for the painting & installation help.

midnighter 10-14-2012 12:54 AM

Nice job on the manifold paint. I got that same intake in a box in my room. Gotta install it sometime.

rtcat600man 10-14-2012 02:30 AM

Now that is PINK. Nice Job Ruby.

RubyCamaro 10-14-2012 02:33 AM

9 Attachment(s)
So really....................what you you think of my fuscha manifold????????????? The color is called Ruby Red. It is the closest thing I could find in engine paint to RJT. I almost bought pink engine paint before I found it & now I sort of wish I had. I like how the paint looks, but not close enough to pass for a match & not different enough for contrast. I will definately live with it for a while & think on what I want to do, but for now, just not really happy with it. The mods went pretty well though. Just a couple of issues..................bolts that were hard to get on/off, a hose we could not get back into it's clip, my Oracle side lights are not quite right now, and TPMS needs to be reset but not bad overall for all we did. The throtle body of course was a piece of cake. The water bottle relocation & scoop a bit confusing on how to make the cut & it was tough getting Ruby's nose off & back on but not too bad. The taping of the manifold for painting was tedious but I like doing stuff like that. The Black Iceolator install was nerve racking for me with the gasket, sealing it back up & getting things torqued up right..........but I guess we did it okay. The engine sounds kind of funny but I guess it has things to relearn. I will take it out for a nice drive tomorrow & hopefully get a nice permagrin.

Here are a few more pice from the installation & I'll post more tomorrow.

rtcat600man 10-14-2012 02:35 AM

Cool thing is Ruby, you did the work yourself and you get all that satisfaction too.

RubyCamaro 10-14-2012 02:59 AM

Yeah, It was fun. I just hope it runs great & I get a great big permagrin tomorrow when I get her out on the road. And I hope nothing goes wrong with the engine. My husband has been giving me grief over these mods & saying I am going to mess up my engine since I first mentioned them. I'd love to prove him wrong & definately don't want to hear about it the rest of my life if he is right. Good night.

Redliner1960 10-14-2012 08:21 AM

Looks like you had a fun day... hopefully everything is great and you can enjoy the fruits of your labor!

jdcvictory11 10-14-2012 08:32 AM

Looks great. Did you get the RX spacer and throttle body?

Apex Motorsports 10-14-2012 08:38 AM

That is awesome! Glad to see this stage of your build behind you. Can't wait to see your thoughts after you get out and give the ECM a few miles to figure out what just happened. I predict sore cheeks. Tell Mike everything will be ok but tire consumption might go up.

RubyCamaro 10-14-2012 09:05 AM

Okay, here is the first video clip. This one is of the throtlebody install. Mike & Andy are talking about filling the relocated water bottle & Karen & I just quietly work. Thanks Chase. I can't wait to get out on the road, but need to hurry before the rain moves in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0af128iqHA&feature=plcp

Apex Motorsports 10-14-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 5691950)
Thanks Chase. I can't wait to get out on the road, but need to hurry before the rain moves in.

:word: You definitely don't want to go horse play in the rain. :yikes:

RubyCamaro 10-14-2012 09:56 AM

I won't.

KMPrenger 10-14-2012 01:32 PM

Great job Ruby!

Your mods look great...I'd like to do more of the same to my engine.

I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about, but give your car some time on the road before you begin to pass judgement on the performance. When I installed my black Ice intake I monitored my long term fuel trims immediately afterwards and I could tell the computer was attempting to relearn the airflow as it went from positive, to negative and finally settled back to near 0. This took at least 50 or so miles I'd say, of regular driving...I didn't really get on it a lot during the relearn.

One other thing in case you haven't already thought of it. After driving the car a time or two, and when the car is completely cooled down (like sitting overnight) recheck the torque on your intake manifold bolts. Make sure they are 18ft lbs.

:thumbsup:

Apex Motorsports 10-14-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 5692587)
Great job Ruby!

Your mods look great...I'd like to do more of the same to my engine.

I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about, but give your car some time on the road before you begin to pass judgement on the performance. When I installed my black Ice intake I monitored my long term fuel trims immediately afterwards and I could tell the computer was attempting to relearn the airflow as it went from positive, to negative and finally settled back to near 0. This took at least 50 or so miles I'd say, of regular driving...I didn't really get on it a lot during the relearn.

One other thing in case you haven't already thought of it. After driving the car a time or two, and when the car is completely cooled down (like sitting overnight) recheck the torque on your intake manifold bolts. Make sure they are 18ft lbs.

:thumbsup:

Very good information. :clap: