Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   HERITAGE GRILL - BEWARE OF GM PARTSHOUSE!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194709)

Darth_Emma 01-17-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinisterEcho (Post 4332419)
Mine was tweaked a bit in the same spot as well. But it wasnt that big of a deal to me. Looked again after reading this thread and it went back to normal.

Same thing for me. I let it sit for a couple of days and it looked fine after that. I ended up putting a different emblem on mine anyway.

Dznyfn 01-17-2012 12:48 PM

Ordered mine from Maureen @ Rogers Chevrolet, Best price and service plus free shipping too. first thing was the bowtie removal, NO damage, was a pre-painted IBM.....and the swag that they sent with the order, they have a valued customer here.

SC2150 01-17-2012 12:55 PM

All I can add is we buy a ton of parts from Gene & patrick and they are top notch in every way. Stuff happens for sure from anyone, but they still are #1 in our book for parts. :thumbsup:

kylenewman 02-01-2012 11:37 PM

I'll give you 125$ shipped for it ;) since its damaged and all:yikes:

rberns 02-02-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 4292434)
I disagree. If you buy a Camaro and take the spoiler off can you go to the dealer and complain about the holes it leaves?

Extreme example but same principle.

Hmmm...I like this logic. I want to get the Highwing spoiler, but dont want to buy a new trunk at this time. Maybe I will have to try out your logic. :sm0:

cubjag 02-02-2012 07:00 AM

Mine came from them as well with the same issue. After time it will form back into its original shape. This is not gmpartswharehouses fault.

IOM Black Diamond 02-02-2012 01:35 PM

I bought my heritage grille from them and I think I got a great deal. It was in great shape when I got it in the mail. I will buy from them again.

scythezo6 02-02-2012 02:06 PM

I'm glad I came across this thread. If it comes from the factory like this then theres nothing you can really do. I would have just put the emblem on and tried to return it or sell it. Crappy situation but its important for people to know this will happen when you remove the emblem. I'm sure with the emblem still on the grill looks fantastic.

I agree with PQ - if you remove the spoiler you cant try to make a complaint that there are holes drilled into the trunk.

11 Camaro IBM 02-05-2012 02:29 AM

I got my ZL1 side skirts for GM Parts house and couldn't be happier great price and shipping was cheap for such a big box also no damage or missing parts. Thanks!

11 Camaro IBM 02-05-2012 02:30 AM

Just as good as the OEM leather steering wheel I got from them

csendlak 03-14-2012 11:34 AM

If any of you want one that is for sure not damaged go to RPI Designs. They custom paint the plain black one from GM any color you want. Might be a bit more $$ but its better than taking the gamble of having bent ribs on your grill.

midnighter 03-14-2012 11:48 AM

I'm getting the ZL1 grill from Patrick. I just couldn't get myself to 100% like the features of the Heritage grill on my Camaro. I feel that the stock grill has the bow tie sticking out too far, on the Heritage grill the bow tie looks too sunk in and off center (closer to the bottom), on the ZL1 grill the bow tie sits just right imo. As for blaming GMpartshouse for the creased grill due to the bow tie, that is a GM factory problem that they over tightened the bow tie pad on some grills.

dme 03-20-2012 09:21 AM

If I order a painted grille and want to take off the emblem, paint it, then put it back is that something fairly easy/safe to do (removing it and putting it back)?

patrickt 03-20-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dme (Post 4674050)
If I order a painted grille and want to take off the emblem, paint it, then put it back is that something fairly easy/safe to do (removing it and putting it back)?

if you put it back there would be no issues since it though be re covered