Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   AGP - Complete TT Kit - Preview Pics!! **Dyno Sheet & Video ** (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288657)

Matt @ FSP 04-11-2013 10:47 AM

AGP - Complete TT Kit - Preview Pics!! **Dyno Sheet & Video **

4 Attachment(s)
AGP Turbo has been around since 2002. They have made a great name for themselves in the import/SRT-4 and diesel market. They have done one-off LSx kits before on numerous applications, but they are just about ready to hit the Fifth Gen Camaro market.

AGP Turbo has already tested numerous in-house kits that they have made, including their own L99 car making almost 700rwhp (Stock heads/cam). We are now working with Kevin and the gang over there for some finalized testing on our 416ci shop car. His kit is absolutely stunning. It does re-use the stock exhaust manifolds, so everything bolts up nice. His cast manifold extensions he fabricates includes the fire ring so that the manifold bolts up properly to the stock piece, unlike most other kits I have seen. The turbos are AGP/Borg Warner's. Their own massive intercooler, and of course all accessories are included. The kit does NOT hang below the frame rail, turbos tuck up nice and the air intake boxes are excellent.

Here is a picture of the motor on display, this does not have the air intake extension box with the air filters routed up to the engine bay like the complete kit does.

Pricing for this kit will be right in line with most other forced induction kits, including tuning & fuel!

Look at the first picture below that is their own fabricated cast piece if you notice the fire ring inside the cast manifold, then the wastegate is hung directly off the cast extension piece.

Ice Demon 04-11-2013 12:05 PM

Very nice. Any idea when we will see a final price and final numers.

killmode_on 04-11-2013 01:59 PM

The base 1000hp kit, just bolted on to a bone stock L99/auto car at 8psi makes about 550whp on pump. Manual cars obviously make 40-50hp more. Add a 3" cat back, some form of higher octane, turn the boost up and 680whp/740wtq on otherwise bone stock auto car.
Pricing is about the same as a Vortech kit.

Matt @ FSP 04-11-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Demon (Post 6411385)
Very nice. Any idea when we will see a final price and final numers.

Very soon...

Since this is not the marketplace I cannot post public pricing.

VanquisherSS 04-11-2013 03:08 PM

:headbang::happy0180:

Chris82xx 04-11-2013 06:21 PM

That looks like the final product will be fun. How is the difficulty of the install, how much fabricating is needed to make it work.

Unreal 04-11-2013 09:13 PM

Zero fabrication. Bolts right on. They have billet oil feed adapters/etc so no drilling/tapping or anything. Install is just as easy or easier than installing headers. Cast outlet adapter, HUGE intercooler.

Intercooler installed shot. Goes from the bottom to top of the grill.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-m...115_163421.jpg

The Stig 04-11-2013 09:18 PM

How much does it weigh?

Chris82xx 04-11-2013 11:05 PM

That is a big ass intercooler. Last time I saw something that big, aside from looking in my pants :thumbup:, ok not really, but I wish, was when I was working with a TT kit for my G35. It looks like a really solid kit.

Ice Demon 04-11-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP (Post 6411856)
Very soon...

Since this is not the marketplace I cannot post public pricing.

Alright I understand whenever you have a final price for the kit or if you already have details on a final price send me a pm.

Levischilz 04-11-2013 11:43 PM

^^

WheelmanSS 04-12-2013 07:55 AM

Wow, that is the best looking / highest quality turbo setup I have seen yet. Very nice!

Unreal 04-12-2013 07:59 AM

Price will be very competitive. Considering no need for cold air intakes, headers, pulleys, drive belts, etc. With a boost controller you can make 550-1000rwhp.

I drove the shop car for 4 days as a rental car when I visited Phoenix. It was crazy. ~10.5psi made 680rwhp/740rwtq. The highway passing was crazy, gas mileage was better than stock, torque was crazy. That was a L99 auto car with turbo kit and exhaust. Go look what it would take for a maggie/vortech/etc car to make that power.

Matt, get more pictures of the intercooler and all the cool parts.

Stitch 04-12-2013 08:51 AM

I can tell you that dealing with AGP from within the SRT-4 crowd that they are a First-Class operation. You can expect nothing but the best from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP (Post 6411095)
The kit does NOT hang below the frame rail, turbos tuck up nice and the air intake boxes are excellent.

This has me excited...