Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mustangs................ (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57428)

WILHELM 06-13-2008 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mprhead5 (Post 39718)
I love what you did with the side scoops.

it's funny how someone can post a mustang pic on a camaro forum and we are all like thats neat but we still like camaros more. But if you posted a camaro pic on a mustang site they would hack your forum profile, find your house, and show up on your doorstep to scald you with burning oil.

I can tell you that you are wrong. I am an active poster on
many different Mustang forums and am the moderator of one
and I can tell you that I have posted up pictures of the new
Camaro various times so have other users and I can tell you that
they like it and don't have a problem with it. If you go in there with a
good attitude you will be treated nicely if you go in there thinking you
are better it will not be tolerated.

Mindz 06-13-2008 05:49 AM

Which is how it should be. It's done here with mustang owners (normally)

Congoman775 06-13-2008 09:11 AM

you know.. i dont think to much of mustangs outside the 66-70 range. and i do happen to like the 05- present mustangs. even though we've seen so many we could probaly never see one again and be just fine.

and as for old camaros... i would take a 69' camaro SS over any kind of mustang from any year. Doesnt get any better than that.

Even though one day i WILL own a 1969 302 BOSS mustang

Bumble Bee '77 06-13-2008 03:51 PM

the only mustang id ever own is Elenore and only cause it was a movie car. :)

WILHELM 06-13-2008 05:34 PM

Wow no love for Mustangs. Its sad there is love for Camaro's on Mustang forums. I like the 1965-1968 Mustangs a lot. After that I like the 1999-2009 Mustangs.

nUcLeArEnVoY 06-13-2008 05:57 PM

You wanna see hate for the poor Mustang, go to LS1Tech. They're hardcore over there.

There are a lot of spy photos of the 2010 'Stang refresh, unfortunately the entire car is bagged even moreso than the Camaro was in its "self-doubt" days. The headlights on it are more 1970'ish inspired and the tail lights... eh... I dunno what to make of them. Kinda ugly.

WILHELM 06-13-2008 06:10 PM

I don't know about the head lights either. I like the current Mustang body style.
I guess I will know weather I like the new look or not when Ford officially reveals the face lifted Mustang.

Tomash 06-13-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILHELM (Post 78442)
Wow no love for Mustangs. Its sad there is love for Camaro's on Mustang forums. I like the 1965-1968 Mustangs a lot. After that I like the 1999-2009 Mustangs.

Hey, Mustang is pretty cool. It's just some innocent joking and competition - partly of jelaousy, because Ford guys got their toy first ;)

WILHELM 06-13-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomash (Post 78495)
Hey, Mustang is pretty cool. It's just some innocent joking and competition - partly of jelaousy, because Ford guys got their toy first ;)

Well hopefully the wait for our Camaro will be worth it.

Captain Awesome 06-14-2008 08:51 AM

This must be the right place to ask this:

Does anyone out there have a feeling for what the Mustang crowd is saying about all the new Camaro news and rumors floating about? I don't frequent any mustang forums but if anyone does, what are they saying?

I mean, are they sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the Camaro hoping it's going to go away, or are they lamenting the fact that it puts them to shame, or are they in denial saying that the Camaro is too good to be true, or are they bagging on the Camaro for feeble reasons?

It would be very interesting to see if they are scared and how they are reacting.

Mr. Wyndham 06-14-2008 11:53 AM

Or are they impressed? Animosity isn't the ONLY possible reaction to the car. ;)

(Of course, I don't visit any of those forums either, so......)

nUcLeArEnVoY 06-14-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 78731)

Does anyone out there have a feeling for what the Mustang crowd is saying about all the new Camaro news and rumors floating about? I don't frequent any mustang forums but if anyone does, what are they saying?

I mean, are they sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the Camaro hoping it's going to go away, or are they lamenting the fact that it puts them to shame, or are they in denial saying that the Camaro is too good to be true, or are they bagging on the Camaro for feeble reasons?

It would be very interesting to see if they are scared and how they are reacting.

Some of the more honest, dignified members are probably impressed by the car... maybe relishing and appreciating the fact that Chevy has heeded the call and is adding another testament to this modern-day muscle car mania. Otherwise, most of them are poking fun at it, similar to how we do to Mustangs. It's all in good rivalry. We should be thankful for the Mustang. If it isn't as powerful and influential as it is, we wouldn't be comparing Camaros to it because there'd BE no comparison... but there is one. Or else, we'd be treating Mustangs like Civics. Camaros and Mustangs are both Pony Cars with V8 engines and both of them are always finding ways to outsmart eachother. Just the way of the world.

WILHELM 06-14-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 78731)

I can answer that question for you. Many think the Camaro will pass away again after a five year period probably because of gas prices and weak sales.
Others have doubts that it will even make it into production and if so they think it will be to late because if should have been relased last year with Transformers. Others think that it will be heavy and there will not be many on the road. I have seen many though with their S197's just saying "Bring It". Another thing is the Challenger is almost here so the Mustang has other things to think about. The SRT-8's for 2008 is already sold out and its going around that the full 2009 lineup is taking orders with the V-6 making 250HP and the R/T 5.7L HEMI making 370HP.

michele.lee 06-23-2008 07:01 AM

squish a stang

My neighbor has a new mustang gt and he loves to come home late at nite and rev his engine - i can't wait to pull the same - but early in the morning in my 2010!!

maybe i'll convert him when he gets tired of only seeing my tailights!