Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   CD PLAYER?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16415)

Matrix 03-24-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSBMCS (Post 359053)
I guess I'd better get the neighbor kid to show me how to put songs onto my ipod! I feel so old

If you didnt have an iPod it would be easy as drag and drop!

iTunes SUX!

Go the mp3 way on your mp3 play ...way more versatile. Yeah who needs CD's in yor car anymore, they are a nuisance to me!

lucerovski 03-24-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q8-CamaroSS (Post 359081)
isn't the USB connection an Option ?!

Yes, but the AUX jack is standard. You won't be able to control your MP3 player through the car stereo, but you can still listen to your tunes.

stovt001 03-24-2009 01:40 AM

Yeah, the aux input means even the cheapest digital music player can be played through the stereo, so if you're not getting the USB port (I'm not) you're still good. It doesn't bother me that I can't control the ipod through the car's controls, as I just set it on a playlist and let it go anyway.

lakestar 03-24-2009 03:39 AM

I just bought my first mp3 player, partly because the Camaro I have ordered will be able to play it. I bought a zune 120. I've never been a fan of Apple stuff. No issues getting the songs from the computer to the player.

zebra 03-24-2009 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 358577)
USB Ipod connection! who needs CDs?? :D

i use CDs in the truck. when i got the new head unit, it was an upgrade over the AM radio (FM antenna input shorted out).

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZ28 (Post 359018)
Also, if the CD player supports MP3 files directly, as most do now, then you can put something like 20 hours of music on a single CD (depending on compression).

:barf: compressed music... but then again, i'm an audio engineer! :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q8-CamaroSS (Post 359081)
isn't the USB connection an Option ?!

optional for 1LT
standard for 2LT & 2SS

Sierra 03-24-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRSBMCS (Post 359053)
I guess I'd better get the neighbor kid to show me how to put songs onto my ipod! I feel so old

Pretty easy to do it. Just down load itunes. Once you link your ipod to your comp, its pretty much automatic after that.

Liberty1 03-24-2009 09:30 AM

For anyone used to the horrible interface and user unfrieldy winamp and windows media player, iTunes will seem foriegn as the simplicity and intelligence of the software will be overwhelming the first few times someone new uses it. But trust the iTunes sync software and it will be the easiest and greatest music and mp3 player and manager out there. But it does require you to free your mind from the shackles of Microsoft. :)

Tal 03-24-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liberty1 (Post 359554)
For anyone used to the horrible interface and user unfrieldy winamp and windows media player, iTunes will seem foriegn as the simplicity and intelligence of the software will be overwhelming the first few times someone new uses it. But trust the iTunes sync software and it will be the easiest and greatest music and mp3 player and manager out there. But it does require you to free your mind from the shackles of Microsoft. :)

I like Itunes but it comes with it's own shackles. I would have next to no complaints if I could find a simple way to get Itunes to rescan my mp3 directory to detect any changes I've made, right now it's a serious headache IMO.

MikeZ28 03-24-2009 04:31 PM

I don't really understand all this "sync" and "library" stuff with the Ipod. Why doesn't it just work like a USB hard drive, where you drag n drop MP3 files however you want to, to or from any device, as many times as you want? I understand you can only use the Ipod with one PC really? Is music you buy from Itunes "locked" to the Ipod or can you load it onto other devices, burn to different media, etc?

I hate products or software that are designed to protect somebody else's profits, above and beyond the user's convenience. See all the intrusive copy protection on newer PC games and even CDs. If I buy a CD (or music in MP3 format) I don't want any restrictions on how many copies I make and/or what devices I play it on.

Nexus6 03-24-2009 06:35 PM

you should be able to put music on a flash drive,which would be easier than an ipod

Tal 03-24-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZ28 (Post 360386)
I don't really understand all this "sync" and "library" stuff with the Ipod. Why doesn't it just work like a USB hard drive, where you drag n drop MP3 files however you want to, to or from any device, as many times as you want? I understand you can only use the Ipod with one PC really? Is music you buy from Itunes "locked" to the Ipod or can you load it onto other devices, burn to different media, etc?

I hate products or software that are designed to protect somebody else's profits, above and beyond the user's convenience. See all the intrusive copy protection on newer PC games and even CDs. If I buy a CD (or music in MP3 format) I don't want any restrictions on how many copies I make and/or what devices I play it on.

Well it makes it harder for doofuses to mess up their ipod, and it added another layer to the DRM protection. With DRM headed the way of the dodo as far as music though that part is less of an issue than it used to be.

zebra 03-24-2009 08:41 PM

for those who don't know, iPods can be used as external hard drives. to listen to the music, it has to be loaded throught the software, but for just transporting, copying, moving files - you use it just like a USB drive. that's the reason i bought my last one (that & i got a $180 discount for buying a computer). i used it to transfer my small audio & video projects to & from school.

CamaroBaby 03-25-2009 04:26 AM

multi still woulda been nice tho =\
i mean i have an ipod and prollii will end up useing that, buht it seems like a hassle to me.
haha, im so use to just pressing tee CD buttons.
i feel lazy now XD

Tal 03-25-2009 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroBaby (Post 361593)
multi still woulda been nice tho =\
i mean i have an ipod and prollii will end up useing that, buht it seems like a hassle to me.
haha, im so use to just pressing tee CD buttons.
i feel lazy now XD

If you listen to more than 6 cd's the mp3 player route saves the hassle of changing CD's which makes the mp3 player the lazy route IMO. ;)