Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Ready to buy a suspension PKG! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374084)

EDFHOBBIES 08-21-2014 10:14 AM

Ready to buy a suspension PKG!

What do I need to be somewhere between a Z28 and 1LE/ZL1. Lowering is not an option.. I can barely get around with out scraping now at stock height..

Preferable black or yellow parts!

BMR Sales 08-21-2014 10:47 AM

I would recommend a full FE4 upgrade with BMR Sway Bars, Koni Shocks, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, and a full bushing package. Something like this....

SB039 -- Sway Bars (front & rear)
KON-C5-OR -- Koni STR.T. shocks/struts
TCA029 -- Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms (or you could use 2012+ factory LCA's)
TR003 -- Adjustable Toe Rods
TCA026 -- Trailing Arms
BK006 -- Outer Trailing Arm Bushings
BK024 -- Pro-Version Cradle Bushings
BK039 -- Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings
ELK011 -- Front Sway Bar End Link Kit
SPF-3517K -- Front Radius Rod Bushings
SPF-3518K -- Front Lower Control Arm Bushings

NotYetLegend 08-21-2014 11:02 AM

To stay at the stock ride height while upgrading your springs/dampers you will need coilovers (all aftermarket springs drop the car some amount). I know KW coilovers typically have yellow springs, so maybe that's worth looking into? If I recall correctly most coilovers can be setup for stock ride height or at least very close to it.

You could also switch to 1LE dampers/springs and retain a similar ride height, I am not sure if the rear damper top mounts are compatible or not however with the standard SS (I know it has been done so probably not a big problem). These wouldn't be yellow of course but they would be black, so that works.

I'm sure you'll get a vendor response soon but to get to zl1/1le/z/28 levels (which is a pretty wide spread by the way) you will also need wheels/tires. The wheel and tire package and the coilovers are going to be the big ticket items.

You'll also need the supporting suspension mods such as fe4 lower rear control arms and an fe4-style aftermarket rear sway bar, matching front sway bar, varied bushings to remove some rubber compliance (most importantly in the rear subframe), an aggressive alignment, and a multitude of replacement rear suspension links (toe links and trailing arms typically). As crazy as it sounds though all of these supporting mods are relatively cheap, even in aggregate, when compared to wheels/tires or coilovers.

A positive note is that wheels (not so much the tires) and coilovers (or the 1LE springs/dampers) do retain a good bit of resale value, so if you do decide to de-mod in the future you will be well-supported by the classified section here. The suspension links will hold some value as well, approximately 50%. The sway bars maybe retain even more than 50% considering how long their service life is. The bushings are mostly going to be non-re-sellable as the oem rubber bits will be destroyed during removal.

Make that car a beast OP!

NotYetLegend 08-21-2014 11:06 AM

Haha, vendor response BOMB, slipped under me there. Keith addressed everything specifically and concisely, I have personally been thrilled with every BMR component that I have installed, highly recommend their stuff.

This did leave out the wheel/tire combo but that is such a personalized decision process that it is difficult to make concrete recommendations. In brief, you need wider wheels to approach the performance envelope of the 1le/zl1.

BMR Sales 08-21-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotYetLegend (Post 7903429)
Haha, vendor response BOMB, slipped under me there. Keith addressed everything specifically and concisely, I have personally been thrilled with every BMR component that I have installed, highly recommend their stuff.

This did leave out the wheel/tire combo but that is such a personalized decision process that it is difficult to make concrete recommendations. In brief, you need wider wheels to approach the performance envelope of the 1le/zl1.

Hahaha!!! Sorry about the "BOMB"!!! But yes, you are absolutely correct, tire/wheel selection will be very important!!!

JDP Sales 08-21-2014 11:24 AM

Most suspension parts are only available in Red or Black, so sounds like Black it is. BMR makes some great stuff, along with Detroit speed and we're also a dealer for Spohn, Prothane and a few other manufacturers. If you would like to put together custom package using various components to specifically meet your needs, feel free to call, PM or email me and I'll be happy to help answer any questions and help get you setup.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

EDFHOBBIES 08-21-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Tyler (Post 7903471)
Most suspension parts are only available in Red or Black, so sounds like Black it is. BMR makes some great stuff, along with Detroit speed and we're also a dealer for Spohn, Prothane and a few other manufacturers. If you would like to put together custom package using various components to specifically meet your needs, feel free to call, PM or email me and I'll be happy to help answer any questions and help get you setup.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Someone quote me a PKG deal then! I don't care the brand as long as its proven and works..

doesn't have to be all the same.. some guys in Houston say LSR I do not about them though!

Dexman1349 08-21-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES (Post 7903548)
Someone quote me a PKG deal then! I don't care the brand as long as its proven and works..

doesn't have to be all the same.. some guys in Houston say LSR I do not about them though!

Call Tyler at JDP. He will help you build a system specific to your goals.

Simply saying you want a quote leaves way too much out there for variables:

What engine mods do you have or are planning on installing?
What type of driving will this be used for (drag, auto-x, "spirited" daily driving, combo, etc)?
Do you have a budget to stick with?

There are easily a dozen different options/combos out there for swaybars alone. The questions above help narrow it down.

If you look at my build (see signature), Bee was built with Auto-X in mind with the future goal of 700rwhp, but still worthy of using as a daily driver with a budget and I am out ~$1800 in parts alone (and several of those were bought here on C5). That cost doesn't include labor since I installed everything myself.

BMR Sales 08-21-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

PM comin' your way on the package I recommended above.

JDP Sales 08-21-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

I quoted you for a package a while back using DSE components; not sure if you still have it or not. But like Dexman1349 said, It's really best to put together a package to meet your specific goals. I would like to know what you plan on doing with the car along with future power goals, budget etc. We can also do things in stages if you don't want to do everything at once.

Feel free to give me a call and we can sort out a few details.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

EDFHOBBIES 08-21-2014 02:10 PM

http://image.superchevy.com/f/756255...suspension.jpg

like this

BMR Sales 08-21-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES (Post 7903861)

Well, I didn't put any lowering springs in my package....'cause you said you didn't want to lower. And I didn't include the Subframe Connectors....but if you want those too, we can certainly add them in. I would suggest trying out the other parts first and see how you like it....add the subframe connectors later if you want them!!

ActNup NY 08-21-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexman1349 (Post 7903575)
Call Tyler at JDP. He will help you build a system specific to your goals.

Simply saying you want a quote leaves way too much out there for variables:

What engine mods do you have or are planning on installing?
What type of driving will this be used for (drag, auto-x, "spirited" daily driving, combo, etc)?
Do you have a budget to stick with?

There are easily a dozen different options/combos out there for swaybars alone. The questions above help narrow it down.

If you look at my build (see signature), Bee was built with Auto-X in mind with the future goal of 700rwhp, but still worthy of using as a daily driver with a budget and I am out ~$1800 in parts alone (and several of those were bought here on C5). That cost doesn't include labor since I installed everything myself.

I agree I just ordered a whole suspension package from Tyler about two days ago. Ty answered all my concerns and I had a list of concerns. Lol !! Can't wait to receive my parts and get it installed. JDP have some good package deals !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dexman1349 08-21-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES (Post 7903861)

So do you just want it to look good underneath or are there any performance goals? Because if you just want it to look cool, you can spray paint most of those parts at $5/can...