Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How rare is you Camaro in Canada? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324964)

abaucom21 10-25-2013 04:02 PM

How rare is you Camaro in Canada?

Question: In your Canadian city or town, how unique is your Camaro? Do you see other Camaro's often or seldom?

Reading other Camaro5 threads during last 3 years, seems like in the US many have posted they see many 5th gen Camaro's daily. Here in Ottawa, three years ago, perhaps I saw one Camaro a month at best. In last 3 years only spotted one Camaro with my paint color, white. Now, might see another 5th gen about every 1-1/2 weeks on the streets of Ottawa. So in Ottawa driving a Camaro is still a little unique. Not yet spotted another white Camaro in years, in Ottawa.

My Ottawa Camaro:
2011 2LT coupe / non-RS / V6 w A6 / Summit White & Beige Leather = 92 of 106,987 total production. 2011 Camaro production,106,987, only 4,225 Camaro's sold in Canada (2011 model year), have not found breakdown on how many of the 92 in my trim level were sold in Canada (would be nice to know non-sunroof, optional polished 19-inch. wheels, optioned my way sold in Canada). Side note: Also have a 1998 Riviera, and after some research found out 1998 Riviera total production was only 10,953, my current Riviera made my way (no sunroof etc.) is only 1 of 3 out of 10,953, produced in 1998 model year.

Last: Anyone up to have a CANADA FORUM sticky (perhaps "Camaro's in Canada") where regardless of Province we post pictures of our Camaro's? Our Canada forum seems a little disjointed now. Many of our 5th gen Camaro's were made in Canada, but so few sold in Canada. Just a thought. You might have a 1 of 1 in Canada.

slededorilllia 10-25-2013 08:37 PM

usually see about 1 camaro every 2 to 3 days in my small town about and hour and a half north of toronto.....less so when it gets cold out....i have a 2011 2ss vert with RS package in cyber grey with the ground effects package with L99 engine and A6 transmission. Only saw one other convertible in this colour through the summer and i believe it was a V6 without the ground effects.....pretty rare colour in the verts from what i have seen so far......mine was a US vehicle that was imported back to Canada....loving the car so far, only had it for just under a year and only drove it this past summer......

gramps_green_rs 10-25-2013 09:06 PM

ok I'll play

I have a 2011 SGM 1lt RS m6 with black stripes. only 124 made with m6.
probably 10-12 in Canada.

Pagliaro has the same except with a6 and sunroof.

I saw a black LS on russel road today between Walkley and Russel.

also a red 1lt on Othelo behind Elmdale shopping mall.

and there is Black v6 in Cheney,

have seen a couple of white verts this summer. and one white SS coupe.

usually see a couple a week during the summer. not so many after the snow flies.

gramps

Max536 10-25-2013 09:15 PM

Only 2012 ZL1 in Ottawa :)

'11 cyber grey vert 10-25-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slededorilllia (Post 7127389)
usually see about 1 camaro every 2 to 3 days in my small town about and hour and a half north of toronto.....less so when it gets cold out....i have a 2011 2ss vert with RS package in cyber grey with the ground effects package with L99 engine and A6 transmission. Only saw one other convertible in this colour through the summer and i believe it was a V6 without the ground effects.....pretty rare colour in the verts from what i have seen so far......mine was a US vehicle that was imported back to Canada....loving the car so far, only had it for just under a year and only drove it this past summer......

you might have saw mine...its a 2011 V6 vert with RS package in cyber grey...Also mine is a Canadian car.

and not too many verts in cyber grey produced.I am not sure of the total numbers but the verts started production around feb 2011 and cyber grey colour ended around end of April 2011..so there was only about 3 months worth of possible production time and not alot of verts produced in this time period were cyber grey in colour.

slededorilllia 10-25-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert (Post 7127529)
you might have saw mine...its a 2011 V6 vert with RS package in cyber grey...Also mine is a Canadian car.

and not too many verts in cyber grey produced.I am not sure of the total numbers but the verts started production around feb 2011 and cyber grey colour ended around end of April 2011..so there was only about 3 months worth of possible production time and not alot of verts produced in this time period were cyber grey in colour.

by chance were you up north of barrie this summer in orillia.....i happened to see it just down the road from where i live, which kinda surprised me, as i knew the color was pretty rare......

montreal2010yellow 10-25-2013 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I live near Montréal, in Laval, and Ihardly se more than 2 or 3 Camaros in a week.

Mine is unique:

Attachment 568836

rontammy0 10-25-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slededorilllia (Post 7127560)
by chance were you up north of barrie this summer in orillia.....i happened to see it just down the road from where i live, which kinda surprised me, as i knew the color was pretty rare......

Hi guys I've seen 2 inferno orange camaros since I bought my car last year....none with the white strip. Hey sleded. I have a boat I keep at the narrows in orillia....I'm in Alliston...wanted to get to orillia for your weekly car show ...ended up at the boat instead. :doh:

dixonk 10-25-2013 11:47 PM

How rare is the Camaro in Canada??? Ummm they all come from Canada so Canada has seen more Camaros then any other country LOL.

102SS 10-26-2013 05:46 AM

One of about 375,000;)

slededorilllia 10-26-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontammy0 (Post 7127847)
Hi guys I've seen 2 inferno orange camaros since I bought my car last year....none with the white strip. Hey sleded. I have a boat I keep at the narrows in orillia....I'm in Alliston...wanted to get to orillia for your weekly car show ...ended up at the boat instead. :doh:

well next summer. i'll either see you at the home depot car show on a friday night or out at big chief on lake couchiching.....ya sometimes it's too nice not to be on the water in the summer.....we drop our boat in at the port of orillia almost every weekend when it's nice.....

ssfox 10-26-2013 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not very rare in Oshawa as I don't live too far from the plant. :sm0:
Drive by the factory quite regularly and see hundreds of them at a time heading out to the dealerships.

Pagliaro 10-26-2013 10:53 AM

I know more Camaro's in my Color than any other which is odd because mines SGM. However that is only basing of the Camaro's I regularly see.

I'm just satisfied to be in the SGM family and surprised based on it's rarity that Ottawa area seems to dominate the SGM ownership.

Ajdin@A2BMotorsport 10-26-2013 11:16 AM

Not sure how Many 2013 1LE's were sold in Canada but my car is 1 of 72 Summit White 1SS/1LE's and counting 1SS and 2SS only 1828 were made total.

I only know 1 other guy with a 1LE and hes in Windsor, I still have yet to see another 1LE in kitchener/waterloo. So I think mines kinda rare, I do see other Camaro's but its not like there everywhere.