Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   California Meets and Events (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Update on Fontana Drag Strip (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209369)

Bluffen 03-13-2012 04:39 PM

Update on Fontana Drag Strip

Found out today this has been an ongoing battle with ONE resident. A guy by the name of Lopez filed suit with san bernardino several years ago because he said the noise bothered his kids. He won then lost on an appeal. He lives about a mile from the track. His kids are now all in their mid 20's yet he filed again. He also just bought a home near the NW Corner of the track which is even closer.

He has an enviromental lawyer doing this pro-bono for him (free) he is suing the county for $$...

As for Irwindale they have a group of investors who are willing to buy the track but it is in chapter 7 so they have to wait. rumor has it though they want to make it a dirt track.

The track has filed an appeal against Lopez but it could take up to a year to hear it. Keep contacting Mrs.Rutherford the supervisor for the area she is trying to help.

robertortega25 03-13-2012 06:30 PM

its always one person to ruin everything

BoomBoomKid 03-13-2012 09:30 PM

There's a new drag strip in the works (we've heard this before) a non-profit organization wants to build a drag strip in Perris CA. just outside Riverside and Moreno Valley near March Air Reserve Base, Seems land has been put aside. Since it's a non-profit organization means the purpose of serving a public or mutual benefit other than the pursuit or accumulation of profits for owners or investors. "The nonprofit sector is a collection of entities that are organizations; private as opposed to governmental; non-profit distributing; self-governing; voluntary; and of public benefit". The nonprofit sector is often referred to as the third sector, independent sector, voluntary sector, philanthropic sector, social sector, tax-exempt sector, or the charitable sector.

Let's hope...

Inferno LSX 03-14-2012 07:36 PM

That's the problem with our society. We cater to stupid people that buy a home near a race track and can't stand the sound of cars racing.

TripleB 03-14-2012 08:00 PM

Yeah and when he lost, he bought one closer to the track and sued again. What a f**ktard!

VR Baron 03-14-2012 09:19 PM

Yeah he's a real and complete moran, and trying to sue us, our tax$ over nothing, as he bought a house closer, what does that tell you about his real motives, and a cheap ass bas&*%$d to have to have a bottom feeding lawyer do it for free hoping to get some later.

Rant over. Does that about cover it?

evilbeef54 03-14-2012 10:28 PM

yup, same thing with airports, people buy houses near airports then bitch about the noise, and what do you know orange county is one of the worst with their noise restrictions, real PITA to fly in and out of there especially late at night

Busy_Boi 03-14-2012 10:38 PM

I dont see why a judge dont go back and review his old case to see that this fu@ker has move closer. I would question this if I was the judge and throw the case out because I know he is being a asshole.:mad0259:

Bluffen 03-15-2012 10:25 AM

Im not exactly sure why but the Race Track Attorneys were not allowed to present to the court the fact Mr.Lopez bought another house closer to the track. I think its because it is a new lawsuit he is going to file incase this one gets tossed. I will ask that question next time I see my attorney friend at breakfast.

BoomBoomKid 03-26-2012 01:48 PM

Latest info on Fontana and Perris dragstrip

While at the NASCAR race Sunday signed a petition to return to operations the Fontana dragstrip . The lady in charge was gathering signatures to present to the owners of the Auto Club Speedway. With enough interest hopefully the process will be speeded up.

She also noted no matter the outcome at Fontana the Perris dragstrip is going forward. Land is being purchased, all political issues have been worked, funding is there, no big Environmental report is required, and has the backing of the Moreno Valley mayor. :chevy:

Inferno LSX 03-26-2012 02:01 PM

I heard the Perris strip is a 1/8 mile.

BoomBoomKid 03-26-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 (Post 4706838)
I heard the Perris strip is a 1/8 mile.

Thanks I had not heard that.

Inferno LSX 03-26-2012 06:22 PM

I hope it isn't true. 1/8 feels like a waste.

Habu 03-27-2012 05:32 PM

then after Perris we'll have to go to Banning and so on.:mad0259: