Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Anyone else using a CR spotless system? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211620)

Inferno LSX 03-24-2012 05:48 AM

Anyone else using a CR spotless system?

I recently purchased one from Costco online and haven't had time to put it together. Wondering what others thought of these. Having a black colored car is a pain to wash during the summer time. I hope this helps.

Angelo@Autopia 03-24-2012 08:08 PM

If you want the finish on your Black color ride then your on the right track in preventing water spots when washing your ride.

Stex 03-25-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 (Post 4696986)
I recently purchased one from Costco online and haven't had time to put it together. Wondering what others thought of these. Having a black colored car is a pain to wash during the summer time. I hope this helps.

Which one did you get?

Inferno LSX 03-25-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stex (Post 4701759)
Which one did you get?

DIC-20. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Been raining here in L.A.

2ss2012 03-25-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 (Post 4702177)

Please let us know when u do:chevy:

Inferno LSX 03-25-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ss2012 (Post 4702229)
Please let us know when u do:chevy:

Will do. Guess I'll take some pics as it dries in the sun.

BaldCamaroStud 03-25-2012 05:44 PM

I didn't get that system but I did get this from autogeek.net along with some Optimum No Rinse. I'm on well water with a lot of iron and sediment. I've only used it once but it seemed to do the job quite well.

Inferno LSX 03-25-2012 06:00 PM

Man DieHard that's a nice system. I might get something like that to remove the sediment.

SSTG 03-25-2012 09:05 PM

I have one and love it! If you use it with a pressure washer you will extend the life of the cartridges.
Enjoy it, it is worth it's weight in gold.

Inferno LSX 03-25-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTG (Post 4703767)
I have one and love it! If you use it with a pressure washer you will extend the life of the cartridges.
Enjoy it, it is worth it's weight in gold.

That's a good idea. I have a gas powered pressure washer.

homerlex 03-26-2012 07:37 AM

I have the DIC-20 and it works great on my Black car. My water is terribly hard too. I probably get about 30 washes before I need to replace the Resin.

I was able to get replacement resin from windows101.com for a lot cheaper than on cr-spotless. They had 1 cu ft (3 dic-2- refills) for $95 (I got free shipping at the time too). I don't see it on their site anymore though (good thing I bought 4 bags :-) ). It was called "THERMAX Ion Exchange DI Resin 1cu ft" and it works exactly the same as the stuff you pay $245 for on cr-spotless.com.

There have also been people who have played around with "regenerating" used resin with some success but I don't know if its worth the effort. You can Google around for info on that.

I just use the hose with the DI water on the final rinse. As mentioned you could use a PW to be more efficient with the water. Just make sure you don't run too many gallons per minute through the system. The instructions should state the maximum GPM.

Stex 03-26-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 (Post 4702177)

Will work well. Like a portable water softner. If folks have a water softner in their garage, they can add a water bib there and skip the DIC...if not this seems like a must unless you wash your car first or last light of the day. Or like Junkman and have a garage with a drain...how nice...

homerlex 03-26-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stex (Post 4705326)
Will work well. Like a portable water softner. If folks have a water softner in their garage, they can add a water bib there and skip the DIC...if not this seems like a must unless you wash your car first or last light of the day. Or like Junkman and have a garage with a drain...how nice...

CR-Spotless filtered water is not "softened water" - its deionized. There is a big difference :-).

I've tried washing my car from my softened water and it was still a mess.

Stex 03-26-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerlex (Post 4705353)
CR-Spotless filtered water is not "softened water" - its deionized. There is a big difference :-).

I've tried washing my car from my softened water and it was still a mess.

Hmm, they use the same deionizing resin as my water softner and mine seems to work Ok...may want to check your water softner...not a big difference...