Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   INJEN, BBK LT, ARK N-II exhaust video clip (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127893)

hapisok 02-06-2011 08:40 AM

INJEN, BBK LT, ARK N-II exhaust video clip

like the title says...start up, 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k rev's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m93NgY5yFh8

scrming 02-06-2011 09:18 AM

Sounds good!!!

Embedded for you:

mike.nite 02-06-2011 10:34 AM

I like it! IMO one of the best sounding combos so far. At idle it sounds very similar to my setup (BBK LTs with Borla ProXS mufflers). I would say yours sounds a little more throaty and clearer but not as deep as the borlas.

Congrats on your setup! :thumbsup:

VR Baron 02-06-2011 10:59 AM

Good sounds man!

hapisok 02-06-2011 11:05 AM

Thanks. Im extremely happy with it and even the wife doesn't think its too loud. Ill post some more vids soon.

JCO2185 02-06-2011 11:19 AM

sounds really good!

KMPrenger 02-06-2011 12:23 PM

Sounds good! I'll be sure to add it to the sticky. Whats your thoughts on performance with the BBKs?

hapisok 02-06-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 2809600)
Sounds good! I'll be sure to add it to the sticky. Whats your thoughts on performance with the BBKs?

the performance is definitely noticeable. its never been on a dyno, so there are no numbers to show where or when gains happened. after the BBK's it seems as though there is more power through the whole RPM range...duh :facepalm:. what i mean by that is it hardly takes any foot pressure on the peddle to get moving. kinda like the car "just goes" and before you know it your doing 60 in a 45. it seems to pull harder between 4-5500 RPM.

when i put on the CAI, i would have to say that gave the most "bang for the buck" as it was also the easiest/most basic mod one can make.

there was an increase with the exhaust, but not exactly what i consider a performance mod. yeah, it does help, but most people get em for the acoustic performance, just like this guy.

the headers changed things dramatically IMO and are a great investment, especially if your just looking for that "one last mod" performance wise. once i learn to keep my foot out of the floorboard, i'll start to see gains in my MPG's. but im gonna enjoy the hell out of em for a while first :happyanim:

down the road i'll look at getting the trifecta, mostly for firming up the shift points and for when the CEL pops up, i hate seeing the check engine. got any other questions shoot em my way.

jagan323 02-06-2011 12:48 PM

cool! I wonder what the combo sounds like at higher RPMs. But very nice setup =D

KMPrenger 02-06-2011 12:54 PM

Thanks for the info hapisok. I've been following all of this stuff before any of it came out, and I'm pretty familiar with the dyno results LTs can provide, but I always love to hear another opinion (if anything, just to see if they are consistent with other people's) and helps me out in the future if/when I ever decide to get LTs for my car!

Good stuff, and glad your happy!

elpatofeo 02-06-2011 01:31 PM

that sounds nice...I see LTs in the future for my car! Did it get louder with the LTs?

hapisok 02-06-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elpatofeo (Post 2809775)
that sounds nice...I see LTs in the future for my car! Did it get louder with the LTs?

yes/no.

yes...it is louder at initial startup and when gettin on it!

no...it is quieter at idle (almost back to stock db wise) and when runnin around town and a lot of the drone that sounded like it was in the back seat now sounds like it is in the rear, outside the car.

it changed the sound note a lot. its lower with a bit more rumble and burble in the lower RPM.

i'll get some more videos up soon.

khabboub 02-06-2011 04:45 PM

how long did the install take? and did you do it?

hapisok 02-06-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khabboub (Post 2810270)
how long did the install take? and did you do it?

i've installed everything myself. the install seemed to take longer than it should have. mostly due to the location of the bolts, they are a b!#@* to get to. removing the old system was where most of my time was consumed. the new bolts that come with the LT's are a lot easier to install, but i think part of that is just because it is easier to work around them. i had to use crows foot to get the bolts for the manifold/cat connection. the fact that i was doing it on ramps instead of a lift might have added a little more time too. so to answer your question...6 hrs.

having an extra set of hands to help when it's time to bolt on the new LT's and gaskets would have been nice too. when i put my O2 sensors back in, i swapped the rear ones on accident. caused an issue when it came time to connect them as the cables are NOT the same length. the driver side is longer, so make sure you put em back on the correct side.