Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Finally dyno'd VMS 2.5 CAM 461rwhp 437 rwtq (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115581)

NoMercy 11-14-2010 07:51 PM

Finally dyno'd VMS 2.5 CAM 461rwhp 437 rwtq

Went to the dyno today finally and had her dyno'd. Mods are Vector Motorsports 2.5 cam,Dynatech LT's and high flow cats, muffler delete, Airad cai, and tuned by East Texas Muscle Cars(HP Tuner). Had a great time and want to thank Stephen for all his help. Great guy! Dyno graph was taken with my crappy iphone, hope it comes out.
Now its time for that blower! :D
Edit- Uggghh! Gotta figure out how to load this graph!

NinoSS 12-17-2010 06:38 PM

How are the street manners of this cam. Perticularly @ low speed (rpm)... I would love to see the graph... :popcorn:

Smart Line 12-17-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinoSS (Post 2647728)
How are the street manners of this cam. Perticularly @ low speed (rpm)... I would love to see the graph... :popcorn:

X2 Low RPM?
l99 or LS3

NoMercy 12-17-2010 09:26 PM

Youll love it. No bucking or surging down low. If you have a good tuner nearby you shouldnt have any issues. Im a believer now that you need a dyno tune to get it right. The canned tune I had in the car was really lean at WOT.( high 14's) and it would stall at times as well. I wanted the G6X3 cam but I knew I was gonna bolt the Whipple on later so I went with the VMS cam and love it!! Hope this helps yall out on your cam decision. Im having a blast with it!:headbang:
Its fun to watch people pull up to your rear quarter panel's and roll their windows down to listen to it,smiling the entire time! I get numerous compliments and thumbs up all the time!:cool:
My car is a M6 LS3

1Camaro2SS 12-18-2010 08:44 AM

What did the cam install cost you if I may ask? thanks

NoMercy 12-18-2010 08:53 AM

A case of beer to my buddy! LOL!!:headbang: He's my best friend and has built race cars for about 25 years. He said he would normally charge around 1k to do it though. Took him just a few hours and it was done!
Im trying to figure out how to post a vid so yall can hear it,sounds awesome.

stikSS 12-18-2010 08:55 AM

Nice... I have almost the same mods and HP #'s.... can you post a video of it? Congrats

NoMercy 12-18-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stikSS (Post 2648964)
Nice... I have almost the same mods and HP #'s.... can you post a video of it? Congrats

I was looking for a FAQ section on how to post video. Im still trying to fiqure out how to do it. I can post pics, but vids...dunno.
What cam do you have in yours?

1Camaro2SS 12-18-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMercy (Post 2648957)
A case of beer to my buddy! LOL!!:headbang: He's my best friend and has built race cars for about 25 years. He said he would normally charge around 1k to do it though. Took him just a few hours and it was done!
Im trying to figure out how to post a vid so yall can hear it,sounds awesome.

Must be nice to know someone you can trust to take your engine apart. did you have to remove the front end of the car to get the cam installed? Did the radiator have to come out? I just want to get a better idea what the labor costs are really for. I know that removing the valve covers are not that big a deal.

NoMercy 12-18-2010 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Camaro2SS (Post 2649008)
Must be nice to know someone you can trust to take your engine apart. did you have to remove the front end of the car to get the cam installed? Did the radiator have to come out? I just want to get a better idea what the labor costs are really for. I know that removing the valve covers are not that big a deal.

No, the front end did not have to come off. The cooler had to be swung up out of the way but other than that pretty straight forward. He spun the lifters up into the head before pulling out the stock cam and installing the new one. If you have some miles on yous,its better to use dowels or magnets to hold the lifters in place.
Heres my Dyno sheet,taken with a crappy cell phone, but youll get the idea.
Not sure what the unregistered version of downsizing it means, LOL! sorry..
Look at that air/fuel!!! :)

2010 SSRS 12-18-2010 10:01 AM

Awesome numbers

lock 12-18-2010 10:02 AM

nice!

stikSS 12-18-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMercy (Post 2649006)
I was looking for a FAQ section on how to post video. Im still trying to fiqure out how to do it. I can post pics, but vids...dunno.
What cam do you have in yours?

Upload a video to youtube and then copy and paste it here.... thats the easiest.

I have the TSP 231/236 cam with LT's, dyno tune, LMR CAI, slp axle back.... mine made 480hp and 445 tq. The SAE on mine was 469 HP.

NoMercy 12-18-2010 04:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGF6H7xbKZk

Ok, see if this video to the idle works!:D
Turn up the volume!!