Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Moss waived by Vikings (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113650)

CJ Man 11-01-2010 02:19 PM

Moss waived by Vikings

Well this one is a shocker! After a month moss is no longer a Viking.

CamaroScotty 11-01-2010 02:26 PM

as they say in Green Bay......

http://www.packerpalace.com/blogold/randymossmoon.jpg

arod55 11-01-2010 02:32 PM

Moss is like Charlie Sheen, a head case. Remember Vince Jackson was available now he is back with our Chargers for a least six games!!!.

rmpackers 11-01-2010 02:34 PM

Oh great! Just a day after he screws up my fantasy team!

Jekyll-N-Hyde 11-01-2010 03:50 PM

As im not one who usually supports someone who speaks out like this im glad Moss had the balls to step up and basically say Fine me im not giving yall fire to use against me inreguards to speak to the media.

I watch NFL Football however its not the same as it was in the past.......MEdia and all the week to week NFL rule changes are ruining the sport.

How can we as fans call him stupid for this situaton ?? We are the ones who pays to go watch him/ these guys which gives him/them the money to throw out each game for not speaking to the refs.
25K Chump change if thats all it was to not speak to the Refs I would wire the money over to the NFL at halftime.

So lets see

Vikes
raiders
Pats
Vikes

Hey Jerry you kicked yourself years ago on not taking a gamble with him :laugh:
I hear you got some money in your upper shirt pocket this guy will keep us in the headlines :laugh:

Go to cincinatti and Bring Shipley back to the lone star state.

CJ Man 11-01-2010 04:19 PM

So let the discussion begin......where does he end up

Milk 1027 11-01-2010 04:22 PM

Wait I'm out of the loop right now.....
What happened?

PoorMansCamaro 11-01-2010 04:22 PM

Dallas.

PoorMansCamaro 11-01-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 2504918)
Wait I'm out of the loop right now.....
What happened?

moss was waived.

Milk 1027 11-01-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 2504923)
moss was waived.

Why though?

PoorMansCamaro 11-01-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 2504927)
Why though?

after they reviewed the game, they said he wasn't giving his all. plus his post game interview wasn't satisfactory, i guess. so the vikings lost a 3rd round pick for nothing. lol

it's all over espn.com

CJ Man 11-01-2010 04:25 PM

Cuz of his comments last night. Praised new England criticized chilly

justmeron 11-01-2010 04:25 PM

His attitude and praises to new england sunday after they lost to new england was like the final straw. per the report I read.

CJ Man 11-01-2010 04:27 PM

I don't see moss to Dallas. Maybe broncos, chargers, phins. I see jets or phins getting him to block new England

PoorMansCamaro 11-01-2010 04:28 PM

i don't see moss in miami, unless he's cheap. they already spent a lot on marshall.

CJ Man 11-01-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 2504948)
i don't see moss in miami, unless he's cheap. they already spent a lot on marshall.

Agreed but I think they will do it to block pats. Can you imagine the drama in Miami if he ever went there.

3 SS's 11-01-2010 04:36 PM

he realized the grass is not greener on the other side, we'll keep the pick & maybe take him back :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aALER...yer_embedded#!

PoorMansCamaro 11-01-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 SS's (Post 2504979)
he realized the grass is not greener on the other side, we'll keep the pick & maybe take him back :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aALER...yer_embedded#!

to be fair, he didn't want to leave in the first place...NE didn't want him.

3 SS's 11-01-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 2505001)
to be fair, he didn't want to leave in the first place...NE didn't want him.

he was asked to talk about contract extensions during preseason & declined

PoorMansCamaro 11-01-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 SS's (Post 2505234)
he was asked to talk about contract extensions during preseason & declined

You have a link to that?

Straight from moss, saying he wanted to stay...
http://www.google.com/m/url?client=s...gw7O-eXT87RlIg

arod55 11-01-2010 06:49 PM

I don't think the Chargers would want Moss, we have our own issues with Vince Jackson. I feel they are all Prima Donna's. :thumbdown:

DerbyChamp06 11-01-2010 08:23 PM

Coach Childress needs to go. As long as he's coach, Vikes don't have a prayer.

PoorMansCamaro 11-01-2010 08:35 PM

I guess he hasn't been waived yet, but they plan to put him on the wire...

Nutbutt 11-01-2010 08:59 PM

There is always a team thinking they can turn a player around. I'm just glad the Pats got a pick for him while they could. I still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back in NE.

PQ 11-01-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 (Post 2505799)
Coach Childress needs to go. As long as he's coach, Vikes don't have a prayer.

I disagree.

It's not his fault he was saddled with a prima donna drama queen at QB. He had the Vikes just a QB short of being a consistant contender. Favre was a huge mistake.

CJ Man 11-02-2010 12:02 AM

Bet he gets picked up by lions. That will be the jets luck have to game plan moss and Calvin Johnson. Not to mention it would be 3rd time this year in 3rd uniform. As a jet fan I know this would happen. Just our luck!! Come on rams

PoorMansCamaro 11-02-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2506674)
I disagree.

It's not his fault he was saddled with a prima donna drama queen at QB. He had the Vikes just a QB short of being a consistant contender. Favre was a huge mistake.

which is childress' fault...:iono:

under his head coaching contract, he's in charge of the 53 man roster. It was his idea to cut Moss. The rest of the organization didn't even know about it until the media blew it up. From what i understand, Chiildress told his players in a meeting, the players started texting moss and the media, and it was all down hill from there.

PQ 11-02-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 2506790)

under his head coaching contract, he's in charge of the 53 man roster. It was his idea to cut Moss. The rest of the organization didn't even know about it until the media blew it up. From what i understand, Chiildress told his players in a meeting, the players started texting moss and the media, and it was all down hill from there.

Hmmmmmmmmm................

All I know is the Vikings had showed significant improvement after Childress got there. Offensive line was maybe the best in the NFL and the defense was top knotch. Decent enough recievers. If Favre was Childress idea, then so be it. Take him off of the personell side. But I'd take him for head coach right now.

PoorMansCamaro 11-02-2010 02:45 AM

Yeah, if I were a bills fan, I'd take any of the other 31 head coaches. Lol

2ndgenz28 11-02-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 2506790)

Mike & Mike are saying pretty much the same thing, Childish made a unilateral decision.

2010SSRSM6 11-02-2010 10:37 AM

There is all kinds of stuff spewing out of Vikings HQ this morning. He was a huge PITA in the short amount of time he was back. Several teammates said they were glad he was gone. WOW!

I think he would fit right in in SF. Buffalo doesn't deserve that nightmare.

Since he was waived the teams with the worst record have first shot at him. He has to get past every time in the NFL to get back to NE.

Bills - No
Panthers - No (would love to see Steve Smith punch him in practice though)
Cowboys - That would be great. Another natural disaster in Dallas. :D
Broncos - That would be a great role modle for Tebow. :D
49ers - I would love to see Singletary get his hands on Moss. Davis/Moss on the same team. :yikes:
Bengals - I think Carson Palmer's head would explode in the huddle.
Browns - They could use him.
Lions - Johnson/Moss, that could be very bad for the rest of the division.
Vikings - been there cut that.
Chargers - I hate AJ Smith, but I don't think even he is that stupid.
Cardinals - He could be a missing piece here, if he would actually play.
Jaguars - Maybe.
Raiders - HELL NO!!!!!!!!
Rams - I dont think they want their rookie QB to have to deal with that.
Redskins - Could you see Shanahan dealing with McNabb/Haynesworth + Moss? :laugh:
Bears - That could be an interesting fit. Crybaby Cuttler and Moss. :rolleyes:
Texans - Johnson is hurting, but I can't see him fitting what they are trying to do.
Dolphins - Even if Parcells was still there, they couldn't handle Moss and Marshall.
Eagles - That is just about bad enough to be funny.
Seahawks - They missed out on two big WR this offseason.
Packers - That would be great!
Saints - IF he would play, that would be a great fit.
Titans - He will not make it past them, Fisher already called "Dibbs"

PoorMansCamaro 11-02-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 2507588)
There is all kinds of stuff spewing out of Vikings HQ this morning. He was a huge PITA in the short amount of time he was back. Several teammates said they were glad he was gone. WOW!

I think he would fit right in in SF. Buffalo doesn't deserve that nightmare.

Since he was waived the teams with the worst record have first shot at him. He has to get past every time in the NFL to get back to NE.

Bills - No
Panthers - No (would love to see Steve Smith punch him in practice though)
Cowboys - That would be great. Another natural disaster in Dallas. :D
Broncos - That would be a great role modle for Tebow. :D
49ers - I would love to see Singletary get his hands on Moss. Davis/Moss on the same team. :yikes:
Bengals - I think Carson Palmer's head would explode in the huddle.
Browns - They could use him.
Lions - Johnson/Moss, that could be very bad for the rest of the division.
Vikings - been there cut that.
Chargers - I hate AJ Smith, but I don't think even he is that stupid.
Cardinals - He could be a missing piece here, if he would actually play.
Jaguars - Maybe.
Raiders - HELL NO!!!!!!!!
Rams - I dont think they want their rookie QB to have to deal with that.
Redskins - Could you see Shanahan dealing with McNabb/Haynesworth + Moss? :laugh:
Bears - That could be an interesting fit. Crybaby Cuttler and Moss. :rolleyes:
Texans - Johnson is hurting, but I can't see him fitting what they are trying to do.
Dolphins - Even if Parcells was still there, they couldn't handle Moss and Marshall.
Eagles - That is just about bad enough to be funny.
Seahawks - They missed out on two big WR this offseason.
Packers - That would be great!
Saints - IF he would play, that would be a great fit.
Titans - He will not make it past them, Fisher already called "Dibbs"

Although Moss doesn't really have a say as to which team gets him on the waiver wire, i'm sure teams will call his agent to see if he's interested in playing for them. If He's not, then that will turn a lot of GM's away from Moss. So in a sense, Moss can kind of dictate where he goes. If he gets to NE, there's no way they will pick him up there. They will wait for the Vikings to cut Moss outright and pay his salary, then pick up moss for league minimum. lol

I kind of agree with most of your assessments with the teams above, except the cards. They really don't need him. they have fitz and breaston, who are already struggling because they have no QB.

I wouldn't be against him showing up in Miami. :D It would be interesting for sure! Marshall/Moss/Bess:drool:

CamaroScotty 11-02-2010 10:55 AM

Betting back to NE. Maybe there he can work on catching.

2010SSRSM6 11-02-2010 10:58 AM

Since the Redskins just brought JaMarcus Russell in, they can pick up Moss to relive his days with the Raiders. :sm0:

PoorMansCamaro 11-02-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 2507654)
Since the Redskins just brought JaMarcus Russell in, they can pick up Moss to relive his days with the Raiders. :sm0:

did they really?!:facepalm:

What's he gonna play, Defensive line?!:facepalm:

They sat McNabb because he was evidently "out of shape" for the two minute drill, so they go after Russell, the 300lb QB...wow.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

2ndgenz28 11-02-2010 05:08 PM

They should fire childish, keep moss and hire cower.

camaro2ssblack 11-02-2010 05:12 PM

Man I hope he makes it to the Titans slot on the waiver wire...even if he didnt catch a single ball, just moving the safeties back 5 yards would open it up for CJ to run wild!

PQ 11-02-2010 05:16 PM

How long do teams have to claim him?

2ndgenz28 11-02-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2508850)
How long do teams have to claim him?

not till tomorrow and not till the first team on the list passes, and they all can claim him but it goes in order of the list, so team 5 on the list can't trumph team 3 on the list if they want him.

Im betting first thing tomorrow AM it will start, leave TV on ESPN while you sleep though.

2ndgenz28 11-02-2010 05:51 PM

The current NFL waiver priority is: BUF, DAL, CAR, SF, DEN, MIN, DET, CLE, CIN, SD, ARI, St. Louis......................