Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Camaro 2SS Needs Repair (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20125)

Bumleb 04-26-2009 09:20 PM

2010 Camaro 2SS Needs Repair

With less than 40 miles on my new 2010 Camaro 2SS :chevy:, she broke already. Sad, but true. Not that I've wanted this car for 14 years or that I've wanted this particular car for over 2 years. Finally got one and barely got 20 minutes of driving time in. It just quit. We think it's an electrical problem. Help.... I can't find anything online about the car having any problems. It's so new..... :cry: Thankfully my husband was driving the car at the time, only going about 3-5 miles per hour, cruising through a parking lot. The car just shut down. He coasted as far as he could to be out of the way of traffic, OMG so many people saw her broke... I'm so sad about it. Keys were locked in the ignition and it wouldn't come out of gear (Park). FYI for those that have this happen to them. In the Owners Manual on page 8-23, Shift Lock Manual Release. If it weren't for me having the owners manual the tow truck driver may have drug my car onto the flat bed. With the car in gear the back wheels were locked. Drag it up the flat bed. :mad0259: Boy did my stomach hit the pavement when he suggested that. Needless to say the tow truck company stored my baby overnight, for her windows were down and the keys were in the ignition, I didn't want to have her sit outside the dealerships service department. She's there now and awaiting the fine knowledge of Chevrolets, hopefully, highly trained technicians. I hope to have her back real soon. Kinda like a tease ya know...... Sucks majorly...:mad0260:

hoozat 04-26-2009 09:31 PM

thats not a good thing to hear... I had that happen a year ago with my bmw... stopped to get a coffee but the key an and it wouldnt start.. couldnt get the key out... locked in park... fortunately the tow driver knew about the trannie release...

hate to hear that on a new camaro... still waiting on mine... and waiting... and like everyone else... waiting... be sure and let us know how you make out with this first break down...

good luck

Krazy and old 04-26-2009 09:32 PM

Sorry about your new car. Hopefully it will be a quick fix, bad cable or something small.

ljustin293 04-26-2009 09:33 PM

hmmm...what VIN?

heinzd01 04-26-2009 09:33 PM

Sorry to hear this. I hope it is nothing serious and you get the car back soon. Please let us know how it turns out.

cyberbro 04-26-2009 09:34 PM

Good luck, I sure hope this is not the Norm!

08z51c6 04-26-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumleb (Post 435887)
With less than 40 miles on my new 2010 Camaro 2SS :chevy:, she broke already. Sad, but true. Not that I've wanted this car for 14 years or that I've wanted this particular car for over 2 years. Finally got one and barely got 20 minutes of driving time in. It just quit. We think it's an electrical problem. Help.... I can't find anything online about the car having any problems. It's so new..... Thankfully my husband was driving the car at the time, only going about 3-5 miles per hour, cruising through a parking lot. The car just shut down. He coasted as far as he could to be out of the way of traffic, OMG so many people saw her broke... I'm so sad about it :(. Keys were locked in the ignition and it wouldn't come out of gear (Park). FYI for those that have this happen to them. In the Owners Manual on page 8-23, Shift Lock Manual Release. If it weren't for me having the owners manual the tow truck driver may have drug my car onto the flat bed. With the car in gear the back wheels were locked. Drag it up the flat bed. Boy did my stomach hit the pavement when he suggested that. Needless to say the tow truck company stored my baby overnight, for her windows were down and the keys were in the ignition, I didn't want to have her sit outside the dealerships service department. She's there now and awaiting the fine knowledge of Chevrolets, hopefully, highly trained technicians. I hope to have her back real soon. Kinda like a tease ya know...... Sucks majorly...

Did you check the battery connections ??? Hopefully it's some thing silly and they can get it repaired quickly.

tjbusa 04-26-2009 09:36 PM

I hope its a speedy recovery, post what you find out.....

Bumleb 04-26-2009 09:37 PM

The battery was actually abnormally hot. And the tow truck driver couldn't get a ground. Almost like there was a short and the car was throwing off major amounts of ampage....

Bumleb 04-26-2009 09:39 PM

Didn't realize I was on the California page. I just want to get the word out. I would hate for this to happen to anyone else. It was devastating. That much money put into something and it just quits.... Majorly bummed.:facepalm:

DkknightX 04-26-2009 09:40 PM

So much for quality control and quality assurance being used for the endless delays on this car. Time to think of another reason to justify more waiting by the public. For a touring car, it would sure suck to be afraid to take it out of your home city let alone cross country driving. Wow. :facepalm:

LosXC451 04-26-2009 09:40 PM

:cry:
Hope this problem doesn't come up with all the autos.

ZZcamaro 04-26-2009 09:41 PM

WTF!! That is what you get for not being stuck in QC like the majority of us!
Just kidding. That does suck, I had that happen to a friend, but it was a poor battery connection that did it.

Brokinarrow 04-26-2009 09:44 PM

tis why i am buying stick...