Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Red Light Rule Change V8 Fast List (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291894)

Merc 04-27-2013 12:01 PM

Red Light Rule Change V8 Fast List

As most people know I have taken over the task of keeping up the V8 Fast List's and for the most part left the rules as they were.

However with the recent world record re-set for a IRS 5th Gen Camaro by Darth Emma we ran into a dilemma. Darth Emma's time of 8.474 @ 168.03 MPH was recognized on this site as the record, but not on the Official 1/4 Mile V8 Fast list. Although Darth Emma owns the #1 spot at the top with a back up run. I believe it's only fair to change that time to reflect the 8.474 run.

For any other Member that the RED LIGHT RULE has affected in the past I will adjust the Fast List's if the Member can re-post the time slip or supply the number for the original post.

white ZL1 04-27-2013 12:19 PM

Definitely the right move.

dekan513 04-27-2013 12:27 PM

ya, alot of ppl that test adn tune, red light just tryin to do whatever or just dont feel like waiting . thats a wise move to make. i sure alot of other fast list do the same.

Camarojt 04-27-2013 12:56 PM

Good decision!! Now I can practice cutting a better light without the worry of not making an official fast list pass.

Merc 04-27-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarojt (Post 6476310)
Good decision!! Now I can practice cutting a better light without the worry of not making an official fast list pass.

When I'm trying for a fast pass in Pumpkin, I don't leave til I'm ready.:pound:

:thumb:

Pro Stock John 04-27-2013 06:11 PM

Glad to see this change.

Quick 04-27-2013 06:19 PM

good decision...redlight or not...you still ran the time.

trw427ss 04-27-2013 06:51 PM

Glad to see you have rethought that old rule!! Good Job Merc. :thumb:

429 04-27-2013 08:11 PM

there wasnt ever a reason to have more then one fast list thread anyway. we have like five. pointless

unforgiven 04-27-2013 08:22 PM

merc caved I see.:facepalm:
interesting timing.

MikeOD 05-03-2013 09:47 AM

The red light rule was useless...reaction time has always had no effect on ET.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 429 (Post 6477448)
there wasnt ever a reason to have more then one fast list thread anyway. we have like five. pointless

YUP!!!

Merc 11-03-2013 07:18 AM

:bump:

Pro Stock John 11-03-2013 07:41 AM

double amen. :)

HRD_WRK 11-04-2013 12:30 PM

Thanks for the bump- I didnt see this before.

This rule change is great for new drivers, not so good for those of earlier- when their car was fresh and running Stock Class.
This is where many of us not only learned to drive our 5th Gens, but also learned how to launch/run the lights. Unfortunately, I'm sure many of us had some lower ETs than our PBests listed, but tossed the slips since they were Redlights. IMO in fairness, the Stock Class should be locked due to the long history, and Red lights excluded.

Overall to me, Red lights are part of the Event and should be DQ'd just like they are when Racing (been there). They're not allowed in Qualifying sessions either. Its the responsibility of the driver to run Red free, just as it is not to cross the center line, etc. I think we all would agree our best run would be when we run alone, or leave as soon as we are at optimum rpm and temps-not waiting another AIT raising /2step or transbreak loading 1.5 seconds later (full tree). The wait and stress at the tree is part of what makes a PB respectable. Seems like those slips should be on the Un-official list.

Now, I wouldn't have to look like a newbie and get smoked at the track cause I wait longer for the light when I try for Pbests. But for me, I will only post Valid slips and acknowledge those of the same.

Respectfully, my opinions are NOT ill willed or directed towards anyone, especially Merc nor Darth Emma - both of which I get along with.

Thanks again Merc for all you do for this forum.