Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where to go next? Some advice PLEASE! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171414)

YOUNGnRECKLESS 09-14-2011 08:05 PM

Where to go next? Some advice PLEASE!

What's up everyone.

So I have a 2010 LS3 and I'm taking it slow with her. First, I did a Corsa catback, loved it. Then I added the HURST short throw shifter, awesome. I held back my addiction to power and waited till this summer to get JRE's 415rwhp package...love it. :happyanim:

So my question is....where do I go next? For now I would like to stay N/A as I do not want to spend crazy money on a supercharger. So my price range is moderate. I have hear I should do forged internals to start building the engine. Then my idea was a cam with new springs and etc (the JRE street cam). I've also heard options like ported throttle body, ported heads, underdrives pulleys, stroking (which I am very intrigued by) etc...

What's a good order to go by? Like steps or something for you NA guys out there? THANKS for the help! much appreciated.

Sean

Parag 09-14-2011 08:09 PM

a cam is your best power for the money, but the rest dont really do too much for raw power, i would look into suspension if i were you, sway bars

dont forget most things cost you more than you think they will, unless you've done it before.

Bay Area SS 09-14-2011 09:25 PM

Cam and Long tubes. Im having so much fun with my car its unreal. Good luck man. Im thinkin a nice set of Ported heads are up next for me.

Apex Motorsports 09-15-2011 05:29 AM

Don't over look the importance of upgrading your suspension. You can make all the power in the world but if you can't efficiently transmit it to the pavement you are leaving a lot of performance on the table.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK10 (Post 3747691)
I did the whole BMR rear suspension upgrade and it cut 7/10ths off my 1/4 mile time

2quick 09-15-2011 06:42 AM

If you really want to make a fast car you must have suspension to get it there. You are always leaving speed on the table if you don't upgrade the suspension accordingly. Next move would be trailing arms, toe links, bushings, sway bars.

Juiced1 09-15-2011 09:19 AM

Wow, a lot of votes for suspension and no doubt it is important if you're trying to get down the track in the lowest time possible. If you're just looking for some extra fun a heads/cam package is an amazing upgrade that can make some wicked power. The right cam can sound sick and make your car tons of fun to drive. Another fun option would be a little spray. Nitrous is cost effective fun and pretty simple to install.

YOUNGnRECKLESS 09-15-2011 03:11 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys! Much appreciated. I know suspension would be a very smart next step because I would like to track the car and maybe autocross it someday. As for now I think cam may be my next option then from what you guys have said, then id go suspension before any crazy power....sound like a good direction?

Sean

siriusdish 09-15-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 3756319)
Don't over look the importance of upgrading your suspension. You can make all the power in the world but if you can't efficiently transmit it to the pavement you are leaving a lot of performance on the table.

This

If My Dad did it all over again he would of got the trailing arms first he said, noticed they worked right away.

B-Rex 09-15-2011 04:21 PM

I'd caution adding any more power at all before you did suspension. I'm working my suspension over right now and have all my power mods on hold untill I can get the wheels to stick when I need them too. If I had to do it all over again suspension and tires would be the first thing I took care of. As it stands now, I either have serious wheel hop, or just launch at a higher RPM and spin the tires a bit more than needed to avoid the wheel hop.

Apex Motorsports 09-15-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUNGnRECKLESS (Post 3758482)
Thanks for all the advice guys! Much appreciated. I know suspension would be a very smart next step because I would like to track the car and maybe autocross it someday. As for now I think cam may be my next option then from what you guys have said, then id go suspension before any crazy power....sound like a good direction?

Sean

Suspension upgrades are critical for both street and track performance. As I mentioned before, you can add all the power you want but you will not realize your car's full potential until you can get that power to the pavement in an efficient manner.