Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   car wax HELP (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228583)

mgaspari 06-04-2012 10:12 PM

car wax HELP

Anybody have any suggestions on a car wax? i just purchased some things from Adam's and i know they ahve a good wax but if i can find a cheaper altenative that people recommend than im up for it.

mgaspari 06-04-2012 10:28 PM

what about adams butter wax, seems pretty cheap.. can i just get that or would i need other things to put on before it

Angelo@Autopia 06-05-2012 07:58 AM

At the Autopia Car Care Store, they had numerous type of Waxes and Sealants that won't break the bank, check them out. Don't forget your discount for being a member here on Camaro5....

Todd@Autopia 06-05-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgaspari (Post 5073352)
Anybody have any suggestions on a car wax? i just purchased some things from Adam's and i know they ahve a good wax but if i can find a cheaper altenative that people recommend than im up for it.

If you are looking for a well priced, but EXTREMELY long lasting wax then you have two choices.

FK1000P

or Collinite 845.

Both waxes are highly-recommended by those who value longevity.

Collinite 845 will give you paint a very bright finish, and looks great on silvers, whites, and medium colors like blues.

FK1000P has a very distinct look that has been compared to dipping your car in a layer of shiny clear coat, it is very hard to describe, but very unique.

mgaspari 06-05-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia (Post 5074918)
If you are looking for a well priced, but EXTREMELY long lasting wax then you have two choices.

FK1000P

or Collinite 845.

Both waxes are highly-recommended by those who value longevity.

Collinite 845 will give you paint a very bright finish, and looks great on silvers, whites, and medium colors like blues.

FK1000P has a very distinct look that has been compared to dipping your car in a layer of shiny clear coat, it is very hard to describe, but very unique.

Thank you, i will look into it

Adam's Polishes 06-05-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgaspari (Post 5073512)
what about adams butter wax, seems pretty cheap.. can i just get that or would i need other things to put on before it

Buttery is a good liquid wax, super easy to apply and remove, but does sacrifice some durability. I generally recommend applying it once a month to maintain a good layer of protection.

You don't "need" to do anything other than wash prior to waxing, but keep in mind the end result is more about the prep work than it is about the last product you apply. So to that end claying to remove bonded contamination, and a little polishing to remove imperfections and bring out the gloss PRIOR to waxing will make the end result that much better.

If you need help putting a kit together let me know, more than happy to help. Also remember we offer the industries only 110% money back satisfaction guarantee so if you decide to give Buttery a try and it doesn't impress you we'll buy it back +10% of what you paid. :w00t:

mgaspari 06-05-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams (Post 5075797)
Buttery is a good liquid wax, super easy to apply and remove, but does sacrifice some durability. I generally recommend applying it once a month to maintain a good layer of protection.

You don't "need" to do anything other than wash prior to waxing, but keep in mind the end result is more about the prep work than it is about the last product you apply. So to that end claying to remove bonded contamination, and a little polishing to remove imperfections and bring out the gloss PRIOR to waxing will make the end result that much better.

If you need help putting a kit together let me know, more than happy to help. Also remember we offer the industries only 110% money back satisfaction guarantee so if you decide to give Buttery a try and it doesn't impress you we'll buy it back +10% of what you paid. :w00t:

okay thanks!